Old 05-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #1  
Shelby

S/C/G: 153/151/130

Height: 5'4"

Default 20lbs to Go - Looking for a Buddy

Hi There,

I have 19 lbs to go. I am 144 looking to get to 125. Looking for someone in a similar situation to chat to about...

I see there is a buddy list here but am new to the forum and not sure how that works...

Anyhow if you're in a similar situation post me a message...would be nice to have someone to keep me on track
dietingagain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #2  
cmb

Default Sure I'll be your buddy

Dear Dieting Again

I too am back to dieting again after gaining some of the weight I lost last summer. I have been doing the program for 2 months and have only lost 10 lbs. Some days are on plan while others are way off. I would love to be your buddy. I am 5'11' and currently weight 185. I hope to get to 170 by July 4th and my center says that I can do it if I stay 100% focussed. A buddy would certainly help.

Caren
cmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/109/105

Height: 5'3

Hey! We are the same height and started around the same weight. I have 8 lbs left so let's definitely be buddies!
Biju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #4  
cmb

Default Buddies

What center are you ladies from? I weight in at the Westminster location in CO. I can't wait until they open a center in Longmont. I could walk to weigh in. YEA
Old 05-29-2009, 08:52 PM   #5  
Shelby

Thanks for all the offers!! LOL I really need someone to keep me on track I feel stupid having done this before and having to do it again...but when I got to my goal weight two years ago (125) I was getting asked at least once a week when I was due or congratulated on my pregnancy...so at that point I said screw this and ate anything and everything I wanted....and that went on for the past two years...I don't know what my reasoning really was but it was really disappointing to get to my goal weight and be constantly reminded that my stomach was disporportionate to the rest of me...

So I'm back on MRC...this time I'll stick through stabilization (when I actually get back to my goal weight)...gosh what a dork I am to have gotten back into this position. Worst part of it is people would tell me oh you'll just gain it all back...and I did....I have such negativity surrounding my every move that I just need to hear from someone that doesn't think I'm crazy...anyone that I talk to about my diet thinks it's crazy....especially when they see 1. what i'm allowed to eat and 2. all the pills LOL...

But I live in the North East and there are no centers anywhere in my state or any states surrounding us...So I do mail order through Cary, NC. The girls there are nice (I used to live near the Shalimar, FL center and that's how I started my relationship with Metabolic 10 years ago...the first time I did it before I got pregnant the first time)

Well anyhow, I've been 'weighing' in on my scale at home that has been stuck at 144-145 for the past week and a 1/2 and it's so disheartening. I did 7 days on preconditioning, day 1-4 yellow, and I'm on blue day 5...but I plateaued after day 2 on preconditioning...CRAZYness...but I keep telling myself that it's the right formula to just stick with it...but AHHHHHHHHH I just want to scream!!!!!!

Caren, glad to hear I'm not the only one that's done this more than once...I know what I did wrong...I skipped out on stabilization...I think part of my problem was that I stopped taking the All Day Weight Loss, MRC6 and Corti Trim to save on $$...funny part is I have sooooooo much stuff left over from two years ago that I can get 1/2 to my goal without buying anything...lets just hope the shelf life of these items is a VERY long time...LOL I'm willing to take my chances 15 lbs by July 4th sounds like a very good goal...I'm going to hop on board with that goal...I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Biju, Congrats on being 8lbs from your goal...seems like we're in exactly the same boat I'm just a few weeks behind you when did you start MRC? I was hoping to be to goal in 6 weeks but after doing 2 weeks and already pleateauing I'm thinking I may have to extend my stay :0 Yesterday was tough I almost threw in the towel...wanted a brownie more than you could imagine...but made it through it and feel so much better today for not having gave in to temptation...When I got to 125 two years ago I actually fit into a size 4...I hadn't fit in a size 4 since I was in middle school!! Keep up the good work Have you been exercising at all?

CMB, it is so nice to have a center to walk into...I've done this both ways now...once when I lived close enough to a center to walk into and then once on mail order....advantages and disadvantages....advantage...I can ignore a phone call...disadvantage...I really should take the call...so my personal promise to myself is to answer the phone everytime it rings

Keep me posted on your progress ladies I'd love to hear more...
Old 05-30-2009, 09:55 PM   #6  
Shelby

Hi Ladies just checking in for the day. I did a workout today. I have a DVD, Denise Austin's Daily Dozen. It's seven 12 minute workouts...one per day...I got the video a couple months ago and never popped it in the machine...did the Monday cardio workout...I definetly need to get in shape...12 minutes was just long enough...but it's a start I have a wedding to go to in two weeks and tried my dress on today...it zips...just looks spray painted on...lets hope it's not so tight in two weeks...fingers crossed
Old 05-31-2009, 09:29 AM   #7  
cmb

Default Starting Fresh

well I'm starting fresh today because I had a terrible eating day yesterday. I'm always on plan until dinner time and then I just seem to throw in the towel. I've got to start journalling and planning my meals ahead of time so I can stick with the program. I'm never very good at journalling but I'm really going to give it a go. Maybe if I write down how I feel before I pig out, it will help.

Hang in there ladies. One lady at the center I go to, told me to think of life like a rear view mirror. When we drive we spend 90% of our time looking forward and only 10% of our time checking our rear view mirror. I've got to stop beating myself up for my mistakes and start looking forward.

Bye for now

CB
Old 05-31-2009, 10:16 AM   #8  
Shelby

Hi CB, don't beat yourself up over a little set back...it's not easy...what menu are you on? how many days are you into this? when you go off track what are you eating? Let me know and I'll try to think of if there is anything that's helped me in the past at that point...This is my 3rd time with MRC so I may have some tricks up my sleeve...what pills are you taking? I'm doing All Day Weight Loss, Corti Trim, MRC6, Flax Oil, Multi (all on plan) and then my additional vitamins are D, Gelatin & a Hair Skin Nails pill. And cravings have been non-existent...EXCEPT for one day I forgot my pill case at home (I sort them all out in a pill case in the morning) and that day was terrible...I almost threw in the towel and grabbed a brownie...there were non near me but I was ready to put the effort in to find one...Stay strong you can do this...remember it's only temporary...what ever food it is that you're looking at will be there when you get done with the program....My daughter has a bday party in two weeks and we get a catered cake every year from a local bakery that is just to die for...but I know that there will always be another cake around the corner...oh and a wedding to go to in two weeks too...when I RSVP'd I polietely told her I would be there but to not count me in her catering #'s b/c I wouldn't be eating...so now I'm obligated not to eat there...LOL...You just have to stick this out and life becomes so much more flexible.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 169.5/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, I have a little more to lose than you, but not alot. I have been on meals for 2 weeks and have lost 6.5 pounds and 4 1/2 inches. I would like to lose 30 more pounds. I have been only taking the multi and flax so far but as long as I stay OP I don't seem to be hungry or crave much. I am thinking of starting the MRC6 since I have read so much about it on this site.

Good luck and congratulations to all of your losses.
khunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/165/150

Height: 5' 7"

Wink I'm in!

Ok. I'm game. I've got 15 lbs to go with a 10 lb goal to reach in 3 weeks. I am determined to get the rest of this weight off and have struggeled for the last 3 months (basically not eating on program). I need to reach this goal and I need a buddy for encouragement and accountability.

Thanks,
1 day at a time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:06 PM   #11  
Shelby

Khunter, Good for you on your current weight loss. I'm not sure on the actual effectiveness of MRC6 but I do know that I really haven't had a problem with cravings...I've done the program without it before and didn't have a problem so I think it could go either way...I had a bottle left over from when I did the program two years ago so I thought I'd use it up since it's probably expiring anyhow

1 Day at a Time, glad to have you here. I think a 10 lb goal in 3 weeks is going to be tough to meet so don't get disappointed in yourself if it take a little longer to get there. But on this program completely do-able. Do you have a wedding or some occasion you're planning for. I have a wedding to go to in two weeks and tried my dress on today...It looks a tad tight but in two weeks I think It'll be great. I used to live in Ft Walton and went to the Shalimar MRC. Do you have family in the military? My bf at the time was stationed at Hurlburt. I miss Giff's BUT I especially miss all the Thia restaurants with Chicken Fried Rice...no Thia food where I live now. There was the best Thai Restaurant down there that had a delicious coconut ice cream...I miss the food in Ft. Walton terribly...well I'm very off track But I guess my point is I bet it's tough to stay on track with all the great restaurants down there. (I've actually had dreams about the Thai restaurants in FWB...lol) What do you think is causing you to eat off program? Is there a certain food that is the biggest problem? Maybe I know of a good solution? Check on in tomorrow and let us know how you did with staying on track...

Stay on track ladies...the light is at the end of the tunnel now...we're almost there
Old 06-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #12  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Hey all!! Can i join in?!?!
Dietingagain22-- Our goals and starting weights and heights are all very close to each other. For me, even dreaming to be as low as 125 doesnt seem possible--im not even entirely convinced i can loose 12.5 pounds!! i hope I will find my happy weight at around 135 and that my body agrees that it is happy there as well... In reality, Im more concerned with dropping body fat than what the scale says. I could stay in the 140's forever if I saw a drop in that body fat percentage!!
I am currently on day 3 of the 5-10 day menuu (whatever that color is). The hunger pains are slowly decreasing now that Ive been OP for a week, but I still havent got used to the feeling of not being "FULL", if you know what I mean!! I dreadfully miss my carbohydrates, but ESPECIALLY my peanut butter!! and MILK and cereal!!
I joined MRC because I am very uncomfortable at the weight i am at, even though "others" might look at me and think I dont NEED to lose weight. We all have our reasons though. I am currently starting to train for my first marathon in October ( yes, Im a runner, but believe me when i say it hasnt really helped me lose weight) and i believe dropping some EXCESS BAGGAGE will only improve my times and performance.
On that note, ive been having serious doubts about this program feeling like a starvation diet, and I think we all know how unhealthy that is.....

CMB--- I also go to the center in Westminster....when did you start??
You guys sound like old pros at some of this stuff, I hope you wont mind if i bother you from time to time with silly questions about the program...
GOOD LUCK everyone, and congrats on your current successes!! Make today count---OP

Meghan
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #13  
Shelby

Hi Meghan!! Glad to have you along for the ride...our weights are practically identical...just that end goal is a little different...LOL I only shoot for 125 b/c I got down to that two years ago and still had my mommy flabby lower belly...but I wouldn't go below 125...like you I would be happy if my body fat percentage just lowered and my lower mommy belly took a hike!!

A marathon sounds like a ton of fun!! I know a couple out in Denver that'll probably be running right beside you Small Small world!!

Well I wouldn't worry too much about this being a starvation diet. Right now we're both on day 3 of the 5-10 menu and I will agree that the calorie intake is a tad low (take all 4 HNS...that'll help). But once you get on the green menu your daily caloric intake is 1200 calories. Be sure to measure your foods and measure everything...not just to make sure you don't over eat but especially to make sure you don't undereat. I have a habit of short changing myself if I eyeball it...When you undereat you greatly defeat the purpose of the diet and will in that instance throw your body into starvation mode and the scale will get stuck at a certain number.

Never a silly question so ask any time

Keep us updated on your progress...today's a hard day for me...I forgot my pills at home and they always seem to really help curb my hunger...I'm moody and mean without them LOL!!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #14  
cmb

Hi Meghan

I did MRC last summer and lost 30 pounds but it's crept back. This time I'm going to get to goal and do the full maintenance program. Someone told me that they they pay $99 each year for a maintenance program and weigh in every week. That way they are accountable and stay at their goal weight.

I've been doing the program now since April but I haven't really been following it that closely so I've only lost 10 pounds. I'm determined to get another 10 off by July 4th.

This morning I went on a cooking and planning project. I made mexican meatloaf, chocolate cheesecake, ranch dressing, and a spinach and artichoke dip. I need some variety since I'm getting sick of the same old thing every day.

Bye for now.

CMB
Old 06-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #15  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

I cant WAIT to get to the green menu!! it ALL sounds so delicious!! Unfortunately, I dont enjoy cooking really, and when i have that many choices available to me, and at the same time keeping track of what counts as what type of serving and how much...it all seems very overwhelming. Although the 1-4 and 5-10 menus are ridiculously BORING, at least they are very easy to follow and clear cut!! that works very well for me!!
So, ive only lost a couple pounds so far since i started.... How much did you all loose the first couple weeks?? I'm asking because we all started at approx the same goal with approx the same weight loss goals. It doesnt make any sense to compare my own results to anyone who has substantially more to lose......
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote