Thread: General gab
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 05:10 AM   #14
PinkyPie
fat chick FKA Velveteen

S/C/G: 210.5/169/G 150

Height: 5'5½

I have to kind of agree with the "not looking" theory... the thing is, I met guys when I WAS looking and they weren't that great. Then I stopped and I met someone who was of a little bit more quality and caliber than the others. Funnily enough I wasn't a "big" girl when we met, but he happens to like the type more than "skinnies" (his ex wife is a big girl and I am now as well, always had the tendancies).

And you want to meet someone who actually likes you for you, not necessarily the package. there are plenty of guys out there who are decent, who actually WANT to meet someone based on who they are more than just the outside. My grandmother always told me "Pretty is as pretty does" - so the packaging isn't always number one for everyone.

My DH has kids. I'm sure he also wondered if he'd ever meet a girl that would accept him AND his children, but you know what? Your son is part of the deal and you don't want ANYONE who doesn't accept that fully. Again we are talking about quality and caliber here, not just "a guy".

So personally, I think, when you are not looking and you just do the things you like to do, and go to the places you like to go, you'll "find" someone who has similar interests. Then you go from there.

Looking forward to seeing your ticker when you get your post count up! WELCOME!

run - laugh - eat pie||Twitter
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote