Old 05-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Default ea sport active

on monday i went to gamestop and traded in my wii fit (board and all) for credit towards the presale of the new ea sports active for wii. they gave me so much credit that it was almost an exact trade.

i havent been using my fit because of the lag time and the lack of support.

i tried the sports active last night and it's awesome! you use a resistance band to give your muscles a real workout. plus, the workouts go smoothly so there is little or no waiting time!

anyone else tried/ or is going to try it?
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Height: 5'7"

I ordered it yesterday but it probably will be a week or so before I actually get it (I had it delivered to my parents' house since getting packages at my apartment can be a hassle). I'm definitely looking forward to trying it, though!

I have the WiiFit too but have only been using it for weighing in...I just can't keep my heart rate up with the lag time between activities.
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #3  
one pound at a time

nice! yeah, its great, but i'll tell you that the box isnt that big. it just comes with the game, the leg strap and the resistance band which is made out of strong latex. however, after i played the game, i was sold!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Yay I'm so glad to hear someone has this! Please check back on this often and let us know how it's going! I have the wii fit, but I wish they'd allow you to plug in two boards so you can do it someone else too! We have Shaun White snowboarding too, so we'll never get rid of it, but i want the Active as well! I'm thinking of getting it too, I love the resistence bands, etc.
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/174/145

Height: 5 ft 5

I've been thinking about getting it. I spent the money on the wii fit and was kind of disappointed. Although if you have built up enough points to where your reps are higher on strength training it can leave you sore the next morning. I'm sure I will probably get that one also... I'm a sucker. Hope its good
krock614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #6  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

I just bought it a few hours ago. I started the 30 day challenge part of it. So far, I like it. The latex resistance band had a strong smell to it though.
Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #7  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I pre-ordered mine and am waiting for the delivery. I was a bit nervous about the pre-ordering because there was no guarantee it was going to be any good. Now that people are starting to try it, I see that the reviews are actually really good. I am excited!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

My boyfriend saw it today and is planning to trade in some of the games he doesn't play to get it for me! He's so sweet sometimes! Can't wait to hear what you all think of it in a few weeks!

Bf bought me "my personal trainer" today, he got it used for under 20 bucks... makes me wonder if it's any good? I read the booklet, seems like it might be alright.. anyone try it?

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #9  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
My boyfriend saw it today and is planning to trade in some of the games he doesn't play to get it for me! He's so sweet sometimes! Can't wait to hear what you all think of it in a few weeks!

Bf bought me "my personal trainer" today, he got it used for under 20 bucks... makes me wonder if it's any good? I read the booklet, seems like it might be alright.. anyone try it?

-Aimee
one of my friends is doing "my fitness coach"-- is that the same game? if it is, she really likes it, if that helps...

last night i did my second workout with sport active and today i am SORE! it was a real workout, i'll tell ya!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I did my 2nd workout yesterday and I feel it today! I very highly recommend this game. I wouldn't trade my fit board for it though as some of these "games" use the board. You can do some kick boxing with the balance board and inline skating.

I am loving this game so far!
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

jayohwhy - yah, thats totally it, I realized after I posted and never got back to edit. It looks good, but I haven't been able to try it yet. Glad you are enjoying ea one!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote