General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'11"

Default Wait--did I just get hit on?

Lowe's and Home Depot is where this kind of thing usually happens to me. I say "usually", as if it has happened many times; it hasn't. Anyway......

After years of struggling with my stupid lawnmower, I reached my breaking point today and decided to buy a new one. I went to Lowe's and there was a nice guy in the mower department. In fact, he's the guy who told me how to fix my old mower a couple of years ago when I went in to buy one. So I told him that, "Hey, you told me how to fix my mower before!" We chatted, and he showed me a nice mower. I was there with my 21 year old son, so the Mower Guy says, "Who will be doing the mowing?" I said, "I will; he's moved out on his own." So Mower Man says, "You're tall, so you might be more comfortable with this model." After more friendly chatting and smiling, DS and I left to go check the prices at Sears.

We decided to buy at Lowe's so we went back. Mower Guy wasn't there, so DS loaded the boxed mower onto a cart. On the way to the register, DS wanted to stop and look at something. Lo and behold, MowerGuy comes by and says, "Oh, you went with this one, huh?" I told him that I had decided to take his recommendation. More nice chatting about mowers, Mower Guy moves on and DS and I keep looking at fans. I look back a couple minutes later --and Mower Guy is back. He's writing something on a sticky note and putting it on my mower box. I said teasingly, "Hey, are you giving me a discount!?" He says, "No, it's my direct number here at the store. If you have any problems, call this number and it will ring straight through to me." At Lowe's they wear phones on their waist, rather than carrying a cell phone or having a desk phone.

So after I left, I started wondering....did I just get hit on? This guy was really nice, very smiley and friendly and outgoing so maybe he was just providing good customer service. But does that include giving female customers (a customer who doesn't have a man to do the mowing because you asked) your personal number at the store?

The mower is great, runs like a champ. So it would be kind of silly to call and tell him that, right? Because he said, "If you have problems".

So, what's your opinion? Did I just get hit on? If it helps, my hair was looking good and I was wearing my cute gray tshirt, but I also might have smelled a little like gasolene from working on the old mower.

Last edited by Windchime; 05-20-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You could always go back to the store to buy thumbtacks or light bulbs or any old thing and make it a point to look up Mower Guy ant tell him how much you enjoy the mower blah blah blah
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #3  

I like Bargoo's suggestion. Good thing they sell so many different things there. You're going to be a regular for a little while until you know for sure!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #4  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

I like Bargoo's suggestion too!!!! I think you were hit on!!!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:14 AM   #5  

Hmmmmm. I wonder if the weed whacker is out of string. I might need to go back to Lowe's tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the weed whacker string is really close to the mower stuff. It's for the yardwork, you understand.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:10 AM   #6  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Lol!!!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
Hmmmmm. I wonder if the weed whacker is out of string. I might need to go back to Lowe's tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the weed whacker string is really close to the mower stuff. It's for the yardwork, you understand.
Yes. You definitely need weedwhacker string. And while you're there, also take the time to ask an expert for advise on hedge trimmers.
Who knows, you may find a completely new passion (uhm, for gardening, ofcourse...)
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #8  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Love it!
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #9  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
And are you sure you know the exact type of weedwacker string you need? Maybe you'll get the wrong kind, and have to back to exchange...

Last edited by Fressca; 05-21-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

He must be cute!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/305/130

Height: 5'6

hehe, that was a total pass at you! Asking who would do the mowing? making sure there was no "man of the house", very sly of him. Oh im sure he asked because of your height.. *winkwink*. Ive worked in customer service before, and even the nice ones wouldnt want to be bothered by customers. He didn't give you his direct number just to be a good employee.. . I say call him and ask him out!
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #12  
Just call me Lani ;)

S/C/G: 220/220/150

I second the idea of going in to buy something else!
Sounds like there was definitely some shy flirting going on there and if he's cute and interested ask him out!!

And of course, come back and tell everyone what happened.

Mahina Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

I agree -- whatever you do, you have to come back on here and tell us everything.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
He must be cute!!

Um....honestly? He is OK looking. I wouldn't call him CUTE but definitely not bad looking either. But he was nice, funny, smiled a lot, and seemed altogether a pleasant person so it might warrant another trip to Lowe's. I'm just now realizing, though- I didn't even do the wedding ring check. That's the first step, before I even think about it any further!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #15  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Yes, he was hitting on you.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote