Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #1  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

S/C/G: 305/293.7/165

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Was doing calculations when..

I found out I have to lose 5lbs 28 times to reach my ideal weight or lose 10lbs 14 times to get to my goal... Think I can get into that size 22 dress by christmas with me doing what I am doing now? (Which is playing WoW from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep with the exception of walking my dog when she needs to go.)

I need help! OBVIOUSLY playing WoW (World of Warcraft) for long hours and fiddling with stuff on my computer is not going to get me anywhere... I have asked several of my friends (I mean the only one I have that lives near me) if they would help me figure out a routine I would do each week including daily tasks such as when to eat breakfast, how often to take Molly out, for how long to walk her, do WiiFit, take a break playing WoW, when to water my plants, do chores etc... I am terrible with keeping my place neat and taking care of myself. It was this way before I played WoW i swear! It's just my mental state. I just have a hard time and I have no one around me to help me with daily stuff such as that. I know that people on here can't just call me up and say "Time for this" cause that just doesn't work and my friend is just as bad, if not worse off, than me so I can't have her do it.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do to "Normalize" my life? I have no job or school or any obligations except my furry daughter so I have NO EXCUSE to not exercise and whatnot so... Anyone got any ideas?
Old 05-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

They don't call it WarCrack for nothing...sorry, one of my friends is addicted, so I'm familiar with the game. It just hurts my eyes...

Maybe try setting alarms to kind of jar you off of the computer?

Alarm 1 - breakfast
Alarm 2 - dog walk
Alarm 3 - eye break
Alarm 4 - Wii Fit

That way, you have a set schedule and you have something annoying that keeps telling you that it has to get done.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #3  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

The only problem is that I would have to have a lot of alarm clocks and whatnot and one that is loud enough for my damned ears to hear. Yea, hard-of-hearing is another problem I have. lol I did think of that, forgot to put that in there above. Good idea... I wonder if there is something visual I can get or something so I see it and it is annoying and obvious to remind me...
Old 05-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

Ah, on my phone I have options for multiple alarms - I'm so dependent on them. I have one for waking up (duh), taking my vitamins, going to the gym, feeding the cat, emptying the litter box, etc.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #5  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

I honestly think if you play WoW that long and often you should just get rid of it. Take it out of your schedule completely, it is unnecessary and will not help you lose weight and achieve your goals! If you have a park near you, take Molly out for a nice long walk around the park. Give your fridge and pantries a makeover. Get rid of all the junk and get a bunch of healthy things. I know it seems more expensive to eat better, but honestly I have found it costs about the same for me. I am doing WW online (not that expensive either!) and with portion control I have found that a bag of Quaker mini rice cakes can really last more than one day and a container of hummus can last longer than it used to also! If you want to try calorie counting, fitday is a good site, also myfitnesspal and dailyplate are great too. Here, you can find how many calories you need daily to lose weight. Just eating right, spending less time on the computer or playing games, and just walking 30 min a day (it doesn't have to be consecutive!) you will be on a better track.

I don't mean to sound harsh or anything! I used to be pretty addicted to Sims and that definitely contributed to my weight problem. Good luck with everything, I hope you will find something that works for you!

Last edited by aangel22; 05-20-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #6  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I agree with Angel.

Seriously-- are you doing things that you are proud of on a daily basis? If not, something needs to change. Maybe something needs to be cut out for awhile... It won't kill you to take a break from the game. I've seen this game seriously take over marriages, school work, social life, and health... ... everything in moderation my dear.

That's not saying you shouldn't enjoy your games, but it is apparent you aren't proud of playing WoW all day long. I'd chuck it, lock it away, take a break.

Get outside- read a book- join a club- all those things would be good for your health.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #7  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I also agree with aangel. You need to make changes to your routine to facilitate the changes you want to see in your weight. The added expense of WOW could easily be put to a healthier food supply.

By the way, Car, It seems you have a smaller waist than I do. You skinny B!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

Alright, so now that others have said it, I'll agree. Get rid of WoW. I lost some really good friends over that game - they just lost their will to do anything else other than stare at the screen all day. I miss them and have a deep hatred for the game since then.

Get out of the house, join a club, get involved outside. I think it will help you with your weight loss and general outlook. Sunshine never hurt anyone! Just wear sunscreen
Old 05-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/213/130

Height: 5'3"

Get rid of WOW now! So many people get completely sucked in and can't get out. It is crazy how addicting it can be. It can consume you. Take the dog for a walk, volunteer at a soup kitchen or something. Just get out of the house, you will feel so much better!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #10  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

One: My mother plays the game
Two: My mother PAYS for the game
Three: My mother will disown me if I don't play with her
Four: I like my mommy.

I have already cut down my play time a BUNCH and the only time I do play is if someone needs a dungeon run. I just realized this, but I haven't played more than 7 hours in the last week... Excluding the dungeon run for my best friend which took longer than I had planned... So, an hour a day average. But there is no way I am just taking it out completely... that's like taking away TV or internet and I already did TV because people on here suggested it and I got bored.
My phone has 3 alarms...

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 05-20-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #11  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

Here's another thing... There are about 16 hours in a day that you are awake. You are supposed to do something active for an hour or two a day... If I volunteer somewhere that will take up only a couple more hours... so there are still several hours a day where I am not doing much... Why not fill some in with WoW... Maybe I should have just left that out entirely. People see WoW and that's all they see and say to get rid of it. You know, that's my only Hobby and it's not that I am not happy with playing it, it's just I can't find much else to do besides that and I forget what I had planned to do that day so I just continue playing out of boredom. I dunno. I do know I can go over a week without playing it but with someone else paying for me to play I don't want to just chuck it... I have tried finding more creative things to do such as drawing, painting and other such things and this game is the only thing that has been successful in keeping me occupied having fun for more than 5 mins at a time. I dunno but just forget I said anything about what I play since clearly everyone is against it.

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 05-20-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #12  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Arthwen, You asked for our help.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #13  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

I know I did I just didn't expect for everyone to stick to one major thing which was WoW and getting rid of it. I was asking for how to schedule myself so I can do everything I want in one day/week and everyone goes and says "Get Rid of WoW, it'll solve everything." Doesn't quite help me there... haha

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 05-20-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

You don't have to cut it out completely, but you did say in your original post that playing WOW was all you did. I would cut way back on it though. Think of it this way, trying to lose weight is all about getting healthy, and any addiction is NOT healthy and spending hours and hours playing a game to the point where it is nearly all you do is an addiction.

My suggestion would be to do something that gets you away from the game for a few hours everyday. maybe do some volunteer work, there are lots of people out there that could use your help. Even if you think you won't be able too I would still try there are many opportunities out there for all kinds of people.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #15  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi...sorry about crashing your thread, but I have an idea...
I find that if I turn on the puter before I do the things I HAVE to do on any given day, they my whole day gets wonky..
So how about making it a rule to do your exercise, and other chores before you turn on the computer for the day? Once you're done, then you can play WoW and actually enjoy without worrying about all the other things you *should* be doing.
Closed Thread