Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #1  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Default Pure Foods Fresh Start

Anyone else doing this plan? I've been on it for more than a year now, and I still love it. Have lost 67.5 pounds on it so far. Home delivery diet plans are my favorite way to go, now; they make so much sense for me. I hope I can afford to do this for a long, long time to come; I'd like to maintain on a 5-day a week plan or something.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is on Pure Foods and how you're doing, etc. It would be nice to find some Pure Foods buddies!
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #2  

Hi Lauren........ just a question for you . Has there been any changes in the food choices or the snacks? That is why I wandered away from PFFS because they weren't making any updates or making enough variety for those of us that needed to use the plan for long term results.
I didn't have any problem with their foods just needed more variety

Thx Renita

Last edited by crenita; 05-19-2009 at 08:51 AM.
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #3  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Renita, they added a bunch of new choices last year; not sure if that was before or after you checked them out. I think their web site has sample menus.

They don't update their offerings often, that's true. They offer about 3 weeks' worth of different options. But that's way more variety than I would have cooking for myself, so I'm still happy. Of course, I wouldn't complain if they offered some more choices!

Do other home delivery plans offer more than 21 different dinners, etc.?

BTW, you're doing GREAT! Way to go!

Last edited by LaurenH; 05-20-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #4  

Thanks for the update Lauren... yes I was still with them when they made those changes last year. My problem is after awhile I need a variety or start to stray away from the food.
This week I ordered a week of DTG and will give that one a whirl and see but to be honest my best weighloss was on the PFFS program I just got tired of the same food and needed more changes then they had.
But I may jump back in after this week with DTG .. I need to get the scale moving again as I have been at a standstill for wayyyyyyy too long.

Thanks again for the info.....Renita

ps you doing well yourself girl!!
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #5  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Thanks, Crenita! Hope your weight loss takes off again. Mine has slowed down quite a bit, too; maybe 2-3 pounds per month now. I need to shake it up a bit.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #6  

Can someone tell me how snacks work on this plan? Thanks!
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'6"

On this plan can you add salads or vegetables, or do you eat ONLY what is sent to you? What's the average lbs lost each week on the 7-day plan?
hacamila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #8  

I have two days left on my first week, and I have already lost 1 lb. It could be more by week's end. But I started Jenny Craig on July 20th, so my big weight loss weeks are probably over.

Overall, I like but don't love most of the food. Part of it is I neglected, by accident, to swap out two dishes I would never, ever eat... and PFFS left off one dish I did order (they've refunded for that). We'll see when my second week comes if I have more excitement about the food.

Going to try Diet To Go Low Carb the week after.

Last edited by buttah; 08-26-2009 at 02:17 PM.
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #9  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Buttah, how did you like your other weeks on PFFS? And how do you like what you're doing now?

Hacamila, in case you're still reading this poor neglected thread, you can do what you like regarding adding other foods in. For me, it somewhat depends on whether I'm losing well. Initially, I was able to add extra fruit and yogurt every day and still lose regularly. Lately, though, I've had to cut back -- I just add a yogurt each day. And I may have to cut that out as well. I'm only about 20 pounds from goal now, and I'm losing MUCH more slowly. I also add vegetables when I feel like it.

I'll continue to do PFFS through the end of the year, because I've got such a good rate with them (for being such a long-time customer -- 1.5 years at this point!). But I think I'll try different plans in the new year, just to shake things up a bit.