Height: 5'7"

Default Friends and Losers May 18-24

Good morning everyone Let's have an incredibly successful week everyone
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good morning!!! Nicole- what a positive start to a Monday Morning. I hope everyone is doing well. It rained most of the weekend except for a short time on Saturday. I got the sprinkler out and let the kids run through the baby loved it and he would close his eyes as he ran through and was running into all the other kids outside. I also had a chance to watch 2 movies this weekend. Taken was a really good thriller type movie and The curious case of Benjamin Button and it was good too. This weekend went by so quick, I hardly believe it is Monday already, but as I type here at work I sure believe it. We have been incredibly busy as soon as school gets out and the weather warms up, it seems family situations seem to explode. I can hardly wait until next Monday for a day off.

I stayed on plan this weekend and am weighing and measuring everything to the exact amount. i am going to try to exercise for at least 5 days this week. I think I found an eliptical maching we are going to buy so I am excited about that. I am going to do everything to keep off the weight I lost last week and to loose more this week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful on plan week!!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #3  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Here's to hoping for a better week.Last week was a little rough.But I did not gain any weight so that is a good thing.I am praying for the strength to resist the ice cream pie my daughter mad e for dessert yesterday.What are some of your favorite grilling recipes for summer.We love to cook on the grill.I am looking for some new ideas that will keep me OP.Have a great week.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. it was a pretty rough weekend for us..baby X wouldn't let us put her down barely at all. she's cry and scream if she was put down for even a few mins. it was hard.
speaking of which..she's crying now, gotta go. be back later.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Amy M – great job on the 6lb loss! That is AWESOME!

Nicole – Thanks for the motivation – we go to the beach this weekend, so I’m going to try to be extra good all week!

Jillian – my Dr. gave me some advice for pink eye, Neosporin. You just rub it over the closed eye and it will usually clear it up within 24-48 hrs – my kids get eye infections a lot because of their allergies and this works every time and its easy to do.

Well, I’m up 1lb from the weekend, which is expected, but remember – Friday is my true-up day for the ticker, so I’m not gonna update it. I had been feeling like I am fighting a losing battle with these last 10 lbs, but today I looked at my calendar and last year when we went to the beach I was 20lbs heavier, so I need to just be happy about that! I got some exercise in last week, but not what I wanted to… I really just need to find a time that I can make it part of my life EVERYDAY. But not for the next 3 weeks because the kids have swimming lessons – I guess that’s what mom stuff does to schedules!!!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #6  
WonderWoman

ok..i have a few mins to stop by again and say hi.
my NAMI walk was saturday and it was soooo cold/windy out! but it was still a good time and turn out. dh stayed home with baby X, since it was too cold for her to be outside. the kids had fun and former dh came with too.

today is DD's last day of school and she gets out early, so former dh is bringing both kids over for the rest of the afternoon. and he surprised us on saturday with a brand new stroller that matches the swing and pack-n-play that we got for the baby! so now i can take her on walks!

ok..my time is up, baby is fussing around again. hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good start to the week!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #7  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Jillian- Your former DH sounds like a really good guy. I am so proud of you that you got to do your NAMI walk!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, It is great you got out and walked so soon after your delivery. Baby X sounds like she just loves her mama and daddy a lot. I don't think you can hold a little baby too much or give them too much love.

Amy M, Whatever you are doing, it is working. 22 pounds is not just a small water fluctuation, that is real fat gone from your body. Keep it up!

Julie, Even if the scale is not going down, it has not gone back up to any large degree either, and that is a HUGE victory. Don't let those last 10 pounds minimize how far you have come and how well you have done, even when you are a mom who has a lot of demands on your time.

Nicole what a wonderful positive message. Plus I've thought about honey several times since you said what you did about alergies and all, as I do suffer from seasonal allegies which are kind of bad right now.

Katie, How do you start the hive?
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #9  
WonderWoman

thanks katie and barbara. i actually took all three kids on a short walk today too to try out the new stroller. it was in the 80s here today!

oh and yes katie--former dh is amazing. i'm so thankful to still have him in my life and that we're such great friends. we're all just one big happy family and i love it!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #10  
WonderWoman

all three of my babies together!

she had just gotten a bath and her eye gooped with her ointment--she was a bit angry!

Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #11  

Hi everyone! I posted my re-introduction in another thread but wanted to stop in here and say hello
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #12  
Amy

Hey guys!

Just wanted to check in and say hello! I am officially moved, and am now starting to unpack. I don't know, but that may be the worst part of unpacking!

I started cleaning up the kitchen area last night with DH, and need to finish that today so that I can start to cook and stop eatting out!

Well, gotta run!

Have a great day guys!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #13  

Amy, I was a military wife for years so I've done my share of moving and I would agree with you that unpacking is the worst part! Very closely followed by packing...lol Great plan for finishing the kitchen so you can cook - much easier to remain on plan that way!

Did my first WI this morning.....237.....102 pounds to lose. That's a whole person! (A very skinny person, but a whole person nonetheless!) I need to figure out a way to incorporate exercise while working so many hours. Got off work at a decent time yesterday and thought about going to the gym but my knee was hurting from a fall I took on Saturday so I skipped it. Wondering if maybe I should have toughed it out...
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good morning to evreyone!!!!

Amy- I am sure you are so happy to be with your DH and safe at your new home. Unpacking is the worst. But eventually everything will be done and you will feel right at home. Good luck to you..

Jillian- BabyX's pic are so precious, she looks so serious you can just tell she did not like having that put on her eye. Your kids all look so happy. Eventhough right now and the near future maybe rough, it does get easier and sleep eventually does happen consistantly and as you already know it is all worth it.

BarbaraB- I use to have to take allregy shots and medication. I use local honey from the Smokey mountains when it is my worst allergy season and it helps tremendously. As long as I can stay away from moldy situations. I am good.

Julie- i am sure those last 10 pounds are haunting you. I have heard that the last 10 are the hardest to loose. It seems you have done very well and have lost 50 pounds. So I would just keep doing what you are doing I am sure the last 10 will be off before you knwo it.

Hello to everyone else!! i must get to work..
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #15  

Height: 5'2"

Hey there everyone! I am new to the forum, and just wanted to say hello. I started with LAWL three and half weeks ago and have lost 12.1 pounds ! i am totally psyched -- went to weigh in yesterday with a heavy heart because I had a child graduate from college over the weekend, and did not make perfect choices all weekend long -- so I was, in a word, terrified, to step on the scale. Surprise, surprise, I lost 2.2 more pounds! I must have made better choices than I thought. What a great way to start the week!
Hope everyone has a great one!
dawnita is offline   Reply With Quote