Old 05-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Lose some, up some, lose some, up some

This seems to be the trend. Lose a lb a day for three days in a row. Gain three pounds and it goes down throughout the week, then lose another two to three pounds, and then up all over again.

How frustrating!! But I must get used to this trend.............guess its just my body doing what its gonna do regardless. Do others do this?
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #2  
1 day at a time!

S/C/G: 276/264/146

Height: 5'9"

I was thinking of posting this just this morning Mug. I know I didn't want to weight in frequently, but I really and truly cannot help it what-so-ever. Some days I feel really disappointed (esp today Day 2 of TOM)- I'm trying so hard yet every time I hit that scale it lies to me! I really hate you scale! All of last week I've been exchanging the same 2 pounds. I really want out of the 270's.

So today instead of 1hour on the treadmill its gonna be 1 1/2 hours at least. Gotta bust out of this slump - I've only just started!
emmalee51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #3  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

There was a great thread posted a while ago Mug about charting your weight loss. By plotting it, you can really see the overall trend is downward, although not necessarily in a straight line.

I think the poster said she used excel, but here's an online site I've been using: http://www.weightchart.com

Maybe if you plug your weight in regularly or daily you'll be able to see the downward trend and feel better about your progress? Just a thought.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I sympathize, it's why I've had to give up daily weighing, my mood just couldn't take it. At least if the scale shows a loss, any loss on weighdays, then I'm glad; if I knew I'd actually lost a bit more by mid-week and risen to 'only this much off' I'd be miserable.
So far so good (but it's weighday tomorrow) and I've been able to record a weekly loss, even if only by -.2 of a lb.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Yup, that is what I would do everytime I stalled. Then I started counting calories this week and only saw the downward, I hope it continues like this. I like the idea of charting and seeing trends that was suggested.

Good luck! You can sto the cycle and keep going down.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/225/147

Chickie!

Thanks for the link I have been looking for one of these!
Vivify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It's common for people to see a drop on the scale and decide to ease up on their food program. I don't know whether this is the case for you or not. But I do think that weighing only once a week would be a good idea, just so you don't see all those agonizing ups and downs and react to them emotionally.

Remember, food is the key. Be sure that your target is not too low, and stick with the program.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Oh yes. The past couple a months have been all about this. DRAMATIC drops (like 6 lbs in two days) slowly going up 4 lbs... then a HUGE drop of 5 lbs and on and on. The trend is quickly down but it's dramatic at times!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #9  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Oh yes! The last couple weeks have been like this for me. I have been going up and down the same 5 pounds all month. It is very frustrating...
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

How are you weekly losses looking? Your monthly ones? Do you have a loss during a 7 day period? A 30 day period? That is what you need to look at. If you are - then great and it's just a matter of dealing with those ups and downs.

I'm sorry I can't tell from your post if you are indeed losing overall. If you're not, there are other suggestions that I would make, but not knowing....
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #11  

Height: 5'11"

For me, the weighing once a week was terrible. Not because I would ease up on my plan, but because I really had no idea that I actually WAS losing sometimes. My official weight recording day is Friday. So my weight could fluctuate up and down by a couple of pounds all week, and it might be down by next Friday. It also could be down by a couple of pounds on Thursday, but UP again on Friday due to something salty that I ate. So it would very likely look like I hadn't lost a thing all week, even though I'd been good.

So for me, weighing daily is a good thing. I graph it on Excel, and I do my best not to attach any emotional significance to the number I am entering in. I'm not "disgusting" if I'm up, and I'm not "woo hoo, I can eat fudge!" if I'm down. It's just data, just a trend to let me know if I'm moving in the right direction. This way, when my weigh in day rolls around and it's the same as last Friday, I can say , "Oh, there's that salty popcorn showing up!" because I know I was down on Wednesday and Thursday.

If I go several weeks in a row just bouncing around those few pounds, then I know it's time to re-evaluate what I'm doing and make changes. But the weekly weigh-in really bit me, because even though it can save a person from the emotional ups and downs, it can also hide the fact (for a week) that anything good is happening.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
But the weekly weigh-in really bit me, because even though it can save a person from the emotional ups and downs, it can also hide the fact (for a week) that anything good is happening.
Yup, that's how it was for me. Seeing the day-to-day was easier, not harder, for me. But everyone's different.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote