Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #1  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Default 200 plus / 50 lbs or more

Hello everyone.

Thought I would start this thread. I mentioned it on the current take of regular MRC thread.

Not that I want to take away from anyone's journey through weight loss but as someone who has watched my parents and myself battle being heavy all my life and as someone who losing 20lbs would just be a drop in the ocean, I believe that those of us with significant amount of weight to lose (50lbs or more) face some unique challenges and issues that other people seeking to lose less do not face.

1) Losing motivation - hitting walls that seem to last too long.
2) Being overwhelmed - Yes I've lost 20lbs but I have 60 (+) more to go.
3) Boredom - I've been on a plan for 6 weeks but I have to go how much longer !?!?!?
4) Exercise - I know I need to do it but it is so much harder to start when your size prevents it.

Please feel free to post your own issues, suggestions, frustrations, vents whatever you would like to share. Maybe we can all help each other.

Adding to include - You don't have to still be over 200 or still have 50 plus to lose to post here... if that is where you started we would LOVE for you to share your journey too.

Last edited by Kristalin180; 05-17-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: adding information
Old 05-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 231/187/128

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for starting this thread! I know what you're saying. What I find particularly difficult many days is trying to get over the fact that I used to be skinny. I need to just love myself enough as I am now to say that it's okay if I only drop one pound this week, at least it's one pound less than last week. My biggest problem is comparing myself to how I used to look and becoming overwhelmed. Just one step at a time and eventually, that skinny chick will be back!!!

Last edited by mommyfat; 05-17-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #3  
266/236/192

Not a problem. Maybe it is my TOM and the fact I have been on the program for a month already and have been stuck for a little over a week.... but I have just wanted to pull my hair out lately.

I roam the boards here and there are just days I would like to scream at some of the other posters who are moaning and whining about being on a program that is working for them but not quick enough to make them happy.

But then when you look at their trackers or back ground they have only been on the program for like four weeks have lost 20 lbs and have like 5-10lbs to go! WTH?!?!? If I only had to be on a program for 6 weeks to hit goal I would be effing over the moon!!!

I know that it is all your point of view and you can't judge someone till you have walked in their shoes, it is just disheartening sometimes.

Ah that felt better LOL!

How old is your little one? I have a five month old. Isn't it amazing how much harder it is to lose weight and eat right when you are trying to help someone do that?

Anyways back to the kitchen I have a dinner to make
Old 05-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/219/170

Thanks for starting up this group. I'm starting my 5th week and have 53 more pounds to go before I hit goal. The end of August seems a million miles away. What are y'all doing for exercise? I've just been walking but I know I need to take it up a notch. Any suggestions?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #5  
266/236/192

Hey Smash! Thanks for coming and "joining" us.

Looks like we have about the same amount of weight to lose in the same amount of time. I want to try and drop another 59 before my wedding on the 9th of September.

I am doing the couch to 5K, but on a bike because I can't do anything that is impact on my leg. As I had surgery about 8 weeks ago. So far that is pretty good and I didn't think it could make that big of a difference but it has. I would also recommend getting the fitness book for Biggest Loser. I was doing that before I had my daughter and it is really good (can't do it now because of my leg).

I have a friend who is a semi pro fitness model. She has offered to "train" me and putting together a program. I will share it once I get the details. Might not be for a few weeks tho as she is prepping for a competition.

Good luck and nice to meet you.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #6  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Thank you. I know I won't be in the 2's for much longer (at least I hope), but I can relate. This weekend I've had a lot of stuff going on personally (primarlily a 19-month old son who's wearing me down and laughs at him when I try to discipline him) but emotionally and physially today I feel like I've been through the ringer. I SO wanted to go pig out, but to my surprise I didn't. I know it prolly won't show on the scale but to me that was a big step in the right direction I think.

I'm also VERY frustration with my food options/limitations. I'm realizing that I just don't know if I can eat like this for the next 5-6 months. It makes me just want to cry and just give up because I'm not excited any more about the foods I get to eat. I just don't know if I have it in me to continue. My mom just joined yesterday so I'm hoping that will help. But as I sat down to plan my menu today, I just couldn't do it and really don't know what I'm going to do as far as meals go. I'm so limited on the veggies that I like (burnt out on salads and really only like broccoli/cauliflower/green beans thus far).

Sorry, needed to vent. Off to la-la land hopefully. Have a good evening everyone.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #7  
266/236/192

Noahsmom - Glad to see you here. I updated the intro to include the fact to post here you don't still have to be in the 2's or still have 50 plus to lose, just needed to start your journey there

I completely understand the kiddo thing. My 5 month old is going to be a handful.

Menu choices are hard. I just had the Asian Turkey Meatballs from the recipe thread here. They were awesome, but I was lazy and didn't make the meat mix into meat ball shapes I just cooked it in a pan like hamburger.

Veggies are hard for me too because my fiance doesn't like many either. I would recommend finding some of the finely shredded cabbage (pre packed) great way to get in veg and something different, filling and not a strong taste.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #8  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I figured I would join in here...I started at 321 and am now at 245. I want to get to 175 so I am almost exactly half way there. I have been doing MRC since August and I am tired. I go back and forth between wanting to take a break and wanting to follow this as close as possible to just finish up. At the rate I am currently losing it is going to be December or January before I get to my goal. Well over a year.

Hang in there...I know this is working for me, but the volume of weight that I still have to lose is sometimes discouraging...I can relate to all of you!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:21 AM   #9  
266/236/192

Hi Denise,

Thanks for posting! I always look for your posts on threads because you always have great info.

What a difficult journey... I have to say is it people like you that leave me speechless... the amount of determination and courage you possess to start, continue and succeed is amazing.

I am sure at some point you have probably mentioned this but I just haven't had the time to go back and read all the various threads on here completely yet... have you always struggled with weight? What made you pick MRC? On those bad days what keeps you going?

Thanks again for joining in and sharing.

Like my one friend says (the one offering to help me train)... Just remember everyone here is here for the same reason, to get healthy, and if it was easy everyone would be already.

*skinny dust for all*
Old 05-18-2009, 06:30 AM   #10  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I figured I would join in here...I started at 321 and am now at 245. I want to get to 175 so I am almost exactly half way there. I have been doing MRC since August and I am tired. I go back and forth between wanting to take a break and wanting to follow this as close as possible to just finish up. At the rate I am currently losing it is going to be December or January before I get to my goal. Well over a year.

Hang in there...I know this is working for me, but the volume of weight that I still have to lose is sometimes discouraging...I can relate to all of you!
Denise, don't you DARE get discouraged!! You are SUCH an inspiration to me, and a whole lot of us on here! You have done just an AMAZING job!! Your story has boosted me my whole time on here. Please remember what an awesome role model you are for us!! I have 12 pounds to go for Onederland, and hope to get there before my trip to Florida, but I still have quite a bit to go..
Old 05-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #11  
dla
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
I am sure at some point you have probably mentioned this but I just haven't had the time to go back and read all the various threads on here completely yet... have you always struggled with weight? What made you pick MRC? On those bad days what keeps you going?
I have not always struggled with weight. In high school I was underweight for my height. The struggle really started in college. I picked MRC because my doctor recommended it. He had some other patients that were highly successful using it and thought it was a good program.

Every day I just try my best to stay on program. I don't keep foods in my house that are off plan so I don't have that struggle. I feel a lot better than I have in years so that really helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
Denise, don't you DARE get discouraged!! You are SUCH an inspiration to me, and a whole lot of us on here! You have done just an AMAZING job!! Your story has boosted me my whole time on here. Please remember what an awesome role model you are for us!! I have 12 pounds to go for Onederland, and hope to get there before my trip to Florida, but I still have quite a bit to go..
Thanks...I am not giving up on this program until I am at my goal.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #12  
dla
Denise

There are some women on the MRC boards who were REALLY inspirational to me so far during this journey. I think that all of them have moved on to the maintainers board, but look for posts by them. The ones that I was particularly motivated by were Namaste, ShineOn, and Finz. If you go to old posts you will find many by each of them.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #13  
Rebecca

S/C/G: 242/229/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Thank You

Thanks for posting this thread. I am posting for my first time, but I have been lurking for a couple weeks. I am trying SO hard to focus on one minute at a time. When I think about how far I have to go, I sometimes just want to throw in the towel! On a more positive note, I lost 7 pounds during pre-conditioning.

Rebecca
Old 05-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Hi! Although I have been with MRC since February 2009, I haven't really posted much. At my last weigh in, I was down 39 pounds and 44 inches! I must sign that 40 pound board! Sometimes I will easily lose 1.5-2.0 pounds; other days I am scrapping for a measly .5 pounds, but all in all this program does exactly what it promises.
My goal is to add exercise. I was walking but that has gone the wayside for the last few weeks. I know that I have to, and once I get started and make it routine, I will be much better off. It is just the getting started part.
I have found that since I have had some success, I think that I can manipulate the program: for example I so thought I needed some real ranch dressing; so I devised the formula that my slice of bread at dinner and my 2 tsp of oil equaled that ranch dressing! Now my home scale didn't change, but I may have set back signing that board, and that is a real motivator for me.
Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #15  

Smile

This is my first time to post on here, actually I just joined the web site a few minutes ago. I started MRC on April 20th and then actually began the diet part on 4/25/09. I weighed 321.5 I have always been overweight, never seen a rib in fact!!! Denise you are actually where I am supposed to be come October 249! I guess when I get there I will start a new plan.

Sometimes it is really hard to stay encouraged and stay away from the food that I love!!! About 2 weeks ago I was in the grocery store and saw a stand in the middle of the isle with donuts on it.... I so wanted to just rip one of those open and tear into the powder white donuts.. but a little voice said... You are stronger than this. In doing this diet I have realized that I truely have an unhealthy love affair with food (all of my life). I have let it control me and not the other way around.

When I start getting really negative feelings.. I tell myself I will not be this example to my kids. I will not give up and say that I am not strong enough to control what I put in my mouth! You are all right though, sometimes it is extremely difficult and that little voice is so faint.

You all have done so well though. Even though you have had times of discouragement you have all still managed to truck on. I hope that I will endure and truck on as you have when I am as far along on the program as you guys are.

Hopefully that little voice will get stronger and not weaker
Closed Thread