Old 05-17-2009, 05:15 AM   #1  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Default Protein Diet

Has anyone or is anyone doing a protein diet? I have been following one but sadly I havent been able to exercise! ahhh! with a 5 months old baby who can? hehe!

So, what I have been eating for a week (almost) is:

For breakfast what I have is (I know its carb, but it isnt much carb):
- Toasted toast with light cheese, coffee, tea.. all no sugar. I dont have omelet but I will do so with only using the egg whites because I develop cholesterol so quick! Maybe I can add veggies to it!

For lunch:
- I have either lean red meat, chicken, fish, tuna. With salad. Might be green salad, but then I add sometimes to it delicious ingredients like palmito and asparagus yummy~

For dinner:
- I also have a toasted toast with light cheese.

I drink lots of water. Dont use sugar. Havent eaten fruit. So what I am doing is blocking blood from sugar to avoid insulin from popping up. If I crave sweets, I have a bite of sugar free chocolate, or sugar free ice cream.. and sometimes have few sugar free marshmallows.

I can have diet coke, but dont usually have it. I use sometimes Splenda if I need to.

Please, if you think I need to do some changes in my diet, let me know. I do know that I need to start moving and exercise, maybe an hour of walking will do me good. AAAAAAAAAAaaahhhhh and I am having issues with constipation!

Thanks in advance!

PS: I sure will read replies telling me this isnt healthy. I know it isnt, but its the only way that I can get rid of those horrible kilos. I am going on a vacation in July, and would like to be fit! After I lose them, I plan introducing to my diet fruits and everything else in moderation.

Last edited by suzan; 05-17-2009 at 05:19 AM.
suzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #2  

Sorry, but that is not a protein diet since it has way way too many carbs and very little protein. Toast and cheese is not a protein dinner. You need meat, fish, or poultry and vegetables at the least. Snacks should be something like yogurt or cheese. If you don't eat fruit and more veggies you will definitely have bathroom issues. No matter what you eat, it all boils down to calories in vs. calories out.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #3  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
Sorry, but that is not a protein diet since it has way way too many carbs and very little protein. Toast and cheese is not a protein dinner. You need meat, fish, or poultry and vegetables at the least. Snacks should be something like yogurt or cheese. If you don't eat fruit and more veggies you will definitely have bathroom issues. No matter what you eat, it all boils down to calories in vs. calories out.
Too many carbs?! what are they?

This diet was given to me by a friend. I distributed them as I have them. The point is that we can eat them throughout the day, but I like the way they are.

How many meat/chicken should I have per day? I usually have around 300gr of them a day and all grilled. The salad is eaten with lunch. I hate veggies, so I dont think I can eat another one at dinner.

Last edited by suzan; 05-17-2009 at 10:52 AM.
suzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

suzan - your last paragraph pretty much acknowledged what chickies around here will tell you. We will not support an unhealthy plan.

This is NOT the only way to get rid of unwanted weight. There are many, many healthy plans that will work. You will want to look and feel your best when you go on vacation in July. To do so, your body needs vegetables, fruits, grains, healthy fats, protein. You need enough fuel each day to keep your body from literally eating itself.

A very restricted calorie diet will cause you to lose muscle as well as fat.

We have a "veggie challenged" forum for folk that don't care for vegetables. Check it out!

And, please re-consider this plan. Surf around 3FC - you will find a healthy plan that will work for you! Walking is GREAT exercise! Take that baby out with you If you have trouble getting out, I like the WATP DVDs.

Last edited by CountingDown; 05-17-2009 at 11:22 AM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Well, 300g of chicken breast has about 88g of protein. I can't believe you can eat that all at once!

But with say 3 oz cheese, 3 slices bread, 3 cups salad, and 2T dressing and some asparagus it's around 1300 calories. But very poor nutritionally.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote