Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-15-2009, 11:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default you know what sucks...

since I fell on Monday, all I can manage is either hopping(on crutches) to the bathroom or the kitchen. What ever I can manage to make in the kitchen, my son brings to me. The worst part is, it is coming up on TOM so I am STARVING(real or imagined) and I am BORED and I can't do anything but watch TV or play on the computer. I am in mid pity party and eating accordingly, hormones are not helping against the pity party. I have been crying for 2 days because my daughters will be out of school next week for the summer, it is the end of my time with my son, where it is just me and him, he starts school in August with his sisters. It is breaking my heart, he is a mommas boy and he is my last baby. When my first child went to school, I had my middle one at home, when the middle one went to school, I had my baby boy. When he goes to school, I am alone . A part of me was looking forward to the 'me' time but now, I just think I want to home school him, for ALL the wrong reasons...lol If I wasnt laid up, he and I could do something special. Ok enough whining. Thanks for reading.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

It is really sad when the last one goes off to school. How I dearly loved having my baby boy at home...

Hang in there, hopefully you'll heal quickly. Stay on your plan! Without exercise you are 100% dependant on your food choices for weight loss/ maintaince.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #3  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Willow, have you seen a doctor? I hope so. If not, please do. You never know what might be going on.

I feel your pain. I've been on crutches a couple of times during my adult life and it is especially difficult as a mom with young kids. I hear you on the crying as I did my fair share as well. You need to treat yourself well so that your body can heal. Eat well, drink plenty of fluids and rest, rest, rest.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #4  

I went to the ER but the Dr was a bit of an idiot(not a real Dr, a LtJG in the Navy). If its not better by monday, I am going to go to my regular Dr and request and MRI

Last edited by willow650; 05-15-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 87.1kg/82.3/67

Height: 164cms

Get well, Willow! I've never been in your situation but I can only imagine how hard it is. I remember how upset my mum was for weeks when I moved out of home - I missed her equally as much! We still talk every day!

Your little guy will be just fine at school, he'll learn so much new stuff and meet new friends to come home and tell you all about it. I know you're feeling down at the moment, but your leg will heal up soon and with the free time you do have now during the day - imagine all the great stuff you could do that you haven't been able to before! Experiment with different recipes, read books, take up a new hobby, find a fun new exercise class?

Rest up, get that second opinion and hang in there! xx
yoursummerdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

I know how you feel! But you can have a wonderful time volunteering at his school. I was there all the time when mine were young. I was in the sons class once a week and in my daughters once a week, plus eating lunch with them at times. Make yourself part of their school experience. It is so much fun being room Mom! Now when mine left for college is when I thought I would die! My heart was broken and each time I walked by their rooms I cried! It is tough and wonderful being a Mom!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #7  

I got good news and bad news. Good news, my ankle must have been dislocated or something because I misstepped going to the bathroom and something popped, now I can put weight on it and can walk around with 1 crutch instead of 2. I knew it was more than just a sprain.

Bad news, my husband is at the ER with our little boy. He somehow managed to slice open his little nostrils. I cant go because I was in my PJ's and hubby said there was no time for me to get dressed He left his cellphone here so i have no idea whats going on and I am just sick with worry. I know what those numbing shots feel like and I just can't imagine my little man having to feel that.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #8  

if anyone is curious, here is a pic of my son with his stitches

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1666347062
Old 05-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

Ouch! How did he manage to do that? I have a son who has had stitches several times. He's a big boy now (21) but he still manages at least one trip a year to the ER!

I'm glad your ankle is feeling better and hope that you guys get through this rough patch very soon.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #10  

apparently he fell into the front door and hit his nose on the outside door handle. It's not a sharp object, I don't know how it sliced through his nose like it did.