Old 05-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #1  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default C25k, 30DS, advice needed (sorry it's a wee bit long)

Okay so I have done the 30DS before- LOVED the results and felt them quickly, saw the inches fall off within the first 2 weeks and it was great.

I have NEVER ran before (outside of PE in school), except this Monday I started the C25k. I feel like I'm eating more, because I'm hungrier, and I feel huge tonight. I did the C25k religiously this week.

I really want to be able to run a 5k in July, a 10k in September, and walk/run a half marathon in October.

BUT I have a couple of things coming up - at the end of May and the end of June - that I want to be really toned and looking thin for.

With the C25k, granted I've only done it 1 week, but I feel like it's helping me get to one goal but not the other. Does that make sense?

It's helping me work toward running the races I want to, but not necessarily toward toning and getting thin and helping curb my appetite (at all- it's doing the opposite!).

I really want to do the C25k, but I also want to do the 30DS.

If I did both, with my crazy insane business owner and mom of a toddler and a once-a-week teacher at the art school schedule, I will burn out.

But I NEED to see those results for my upcoming events. It's really really important to me.

I know this is longwinded, but I just need some advice. What do you think I should do???

If I do just one (the C25k or the 30DS) but not the other, how should I modify my diet? Right now I'm just watching portions and refined sugar intake, nothing major.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:05 AM   #2  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

It sounds like you're very busy, but if you can carve out 30 minutes a day, why not do both and alternate them? It would be a 60DS instead of 30, but the benefits would be better running results.

I saw results very quickly when I did the C25K in terms of pounds dropping from the scale, but it was when I added the strength training to my program that the inches dropped even when the scale didn't.

Or you could do the 30DS 5 days a week and add in a couple of long runs. But if you aren't already a runner you might want to keep to the 3x a week run schedule to build endurance.

As for feeling like you're eating more, just keep a food journal. As long as you aren't feeding your body junk (or even eating massive amounts of good food), that extra food will be good for you in the long run. You'll have more to fuel your workouts.

The need for extra food did taper off for me about the seond week of C25K, it was like my body realized we weren't actually enaging in the "Flight or Flight" response. It was like "oh, this is supposed to be FUN", not "oh, we're running for our lives". Did that make sense?
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #3  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

dixied- yes that made a lot of sense. it seems like common sense, haha, i guess being in the situation makes it harder to figure it all out.

we'll shoot for the 60DS hahahaha
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote