Old 05-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/246/185

Height: 5'10

Default Smashing Phase 1!

So I just finished phase 1, and the results are incredible! Let me start off by saying I'm a male that started out at 302 lbs. this morning is my 10th day, and I got on the scale to see the results. I've lost a smashing 26 lbs!! I'm down to 276 lbs and I couldn't believe my eyes!

Here are some things I did to help newcomers, because when I was reading peoples posts and recipes on phase one, didn't seem like alot were following it to strict with their cooking, using oils, and rice pasta, which I don't think either are allowed.

I woke up every morning ate fruit and drank 2 bottles of water, was told this helps to drink water soon as you wake up in the morning. Then for lunch I had pinto beans, that I bought from the store in the bag, and made them fresh, and some brown rice. I drank lots and lots of water till I couldn't stand it every day as well. The biggest difference i noticed is I ate all fresh foods, which could have been the deciding factor on more weight loss. Alot of people use canned vegetables and even fruits. I didn't once this 10 days, no canned veggies or frozen, all fresh, ate them steamed or raw.

I did not eat the dairy stuff or the egg whites, I pretty much just stuck to my pinto beans, and brown rice for lunch and dinner and veggies and I ate every 2 hours (fruits and veggies) to keep myself full. Yes this was really repetitive and hard but I think it was totally worth it, it made me get into the habbit of making fresh veggies and incorporating them in my diet and fruits. And I didn't have to cook, which prevented me from using oils and tempting myself to eat pasta and things that could hurt the diet. I did use fat free butter spray occasionally to beef up the flavor of the rice and beans. Also I ate the rice separate from the beans, because I read if you eat carbs and protein mixed together, it has a harder time to digest.

Also I did ad a exercise of course, I've gone every day to the gym, four days of weight lifting, 30-45 min of cardio after my work out. On my off days from weights, i'd do about an hour of cardio, and kept myself active all day.

I was an addicted World of Warcraft gamer, honestly, thats how I gained all my weight, I quit the game and deleted all my characters, and so I'm really hitting this hard in every aspect!

My only question is 26 pounds way to much weight for the first phase to lose? I've seen people lose around that on biggest loser after the first week that are bigger guys like myself because they watch their diet and bust their butt at the gym. So I think I may be ok, mainly I think the reason for the huge weight loss is just that, I really didn't cheat at all, with anything, very strict on phase one, and made sure I Was active throughout the day and hit the gym every day as well working extremely hard there.

Hope some of the info in my mail helps you, and I'll keep updating my progress on this diet, so far it's been amazing and I know I'll reach my goal of 185 pounds!
Geenadavisrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #2  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

Don't be worried about the amount, you just lost it because of staying active and the drastic change in diet. Keep it up! Congrats!
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/246/185

Height: 5'10

Thanks, just told sometimes losing to much weight to quickly is bad. But I've done everything pretty legit, just kinda all melted off. Thanks for the support Mary Ellen, I Took some before pictures, where I just look at them and I want to cry. But soon those will be posted along with my after pics, once I've reached my goal, should be a pretty incredible journey.

This site is great to for support and people to talk to, even though I'm a guy, it's a great site and I always feel like one of the girls anyway lol.
Geenadavisrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #4  
soon 2B hot chick!!

S/C/G: 220/210.6/165

Congratulations...thanks for the tips!
scaleskl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/267/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the tips. It is inspiring. I am half way through phase one and can already see and feel a difference in the way my clothes fit.
With everything that I eat, the only thing canned are the beans. All my fruits and veggies are fresh.
Keep up the good work!
AniDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 157/147/137

Height: 5' 4"

Wow. You've had AMAZING results during the 1st phase and no doubt, if you go through the rest of the program with that same dedication and determination, you'll be at your goal weight before you know it. Congrats!
SheilaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 282/267/140

Height: 5'6"

I just finished Phase One and lost 15 pounds! I way exceeded my expectations. I have a long way to go but am halfway to my mini-goal.
AniDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 157/147/137

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats to you too AniDan! Great job.
SheilaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #9  
Staying Focused

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'8

I thought on phase one you weren't supposed to do free weights?
mispris006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I have been lifting free weights for months, so I'm not going to stop now. I would lose all the benefit I've gotten from my lifting if I stopped.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote