Old 05-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy 2 1/2 LBS per month lost since Jan. 1, 2009

I thought I had made better progress this year. I only lost 2 1/2 Lbs a month since Jan. 1, 2009. I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm behind schedule on reaching my goal of 140 LBS. by September and 125 LBS. by 12/31/09. I have 83 more LBS to lose this year. Do you think it can be done?
Or is the goal to high?
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/246/185

Height: 5'10

I think you can make that goal, you just have to be extremely dedicated and driven, no cheating on diet, no missing work outs, or roller coastering. What are you doing currently? I'd join a gym if you haven't already see a trainer for a free session to get you set up on a regular schedule, stick to it, and put yourself on a diet plan, fat smash diet and exercise is the way to go if you want to make your goal in a year, thats what I'm on and already lost 26 pounds in 10 days from the cleanse, exercising every day at the gym and my sister has lost 15 lbs in 10 days. My goal is to lose 100 lbs by the end of the year as well.
Geenadavisrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickieLou View Post
I thought I had made better progress this year. I only lost 2 1/2 Lbs a month since Jan. 1, 2009. I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm behind schedule on reaching my goal of 140 LBS. by September and 125 LBS. by 12/31/09. I have 83 more LBS to lose this year. Do you think it can be done?
Or is the goal to high?
Do I think you can lose 83 lbs this year. Hmmm... there is 7.5 months left. You'd have to do over 10 lbs per month. It's "doable" I guess. But realistically it might not happen. Looking on the bright side. You've lost over 10 lbs ALREADY this year. And that is awesome!!!

What are you doing for diet and exercise? What do you think you could change to ramp up the weight loss? What can we help you with? keeping in mind that doing something that you can sustain for the rest of your life is a very good idea in the long run. You don't want to start something that would be impossible for you to keep up as then you're just going to put the weight (and probably more) on after you stop right?

You sound sad and for that I'm sending hugs... but you CAN do this. You just have to get out there and DO IT!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

I think it's a better idea to lower the bar higher. You don't want to disappoint yourself and then quit because you feel you can't make it. I would try to lose 50-60 lbs by Dec. 31st. Hate to say it, but it's nearly impossible to be at 140 lbs by September if you're at 208.8 right now. You'd have to lose 12 lbs/month consistently to be at your goal. That's a lot. And is there a reason why you want to be at 125 by Dec 31st? What's so magical about that number?

Plus, it's safe to lose about 8-10 lbs/month, which is about 2-2.5 lbs/week. If you lose any more than that, it might not be safe, and you'd also risk gaining it back.

The way I'm doing it, is focusing on smaller goals, partly based on my BMI, and partly based on my past weights. For example, my first goal is to be at 179 soon (which according to my BMI, means I'm not "obese" anymore), and I'm giving myself until the end of summer (like around September), which is 29 lbs. It's more reasonable for me to not have a set date, and have a more general timeframe. Then, I want to be at 160, which is what I weighed freshman year in college, then to 149, which is considered to be normal weight for my height, then I'll see from there. Overall, I want to be around 135 which is what it says on my driver's license. But I know it's going to be very difficult to consistently lose 10 lbs/month for me, so as long as I keep losing and stay on plan, I'm happy. If I do end up losing 10 lbs/month, and I do end up weighing 135 by Christmas, fantastic. If I don't, it's not going to worry me, and I'll just keep sticking with it.

I know you can lose more and keep losing, it is possible, but don't make your goals set in stone.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You have been doing good! Honestly, I really hate time based weight loss goals because our bodies don't always do what we want. If you are losing slower than you want, there are a couple things you can do to tweak your diet/exericse plan that may boost your weight loss.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:59 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I don't think it's unheard of. I mean it CAN happen. But you must delve within yourself and decide just how much you're willing to put in this to get to those goals. How hard are you willing to work? How willing are you to stay on program for, day after day? Are you willing to not eat foods that will derail you? Are you willing to eat "clean", for a long period of time?

I think if we aim high, we reach high!!! So that's a good thing. Aiming high *may* be more drive for you. So that's okay. But not to be disappointed or upset if we don't get there. Because heck, would it be terrible if you didn't lose 83 lbs, but lost 50? Noooo sireee, that would be wonderful. And that's how you should view it.

You're already down a nice first chunk. You've lost 10 lbs and there's nothing stopping you from losing each and every excess pound that you desire to. Keep up the good job!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote