South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday morning coffee

How does the end of the week get here so fast? It looks like a gorgeous day is about to happen. We can have coffee on the deck this morning and watch the loon commute.

I'm all organized to start my baking marathon but may not start until this afternoon. This morning I want to dig a few more plants and label and price the ones I've already done. I'll try to save some energy for this afternoon's baking marathon - I wish I could bake sitting down but pastry rolling is tricky at chest level!

Come, sit and sip for a while before you start your day.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:15 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth (and Cottage - I know you're out there ) Wow, busy day for you again. Have fun in the garden this morning

Well yesterday was one of those days that stunk from beginning to end. There was the whole kitty vs the vacation thing. Then my car almost didn't make it back from massage (talk about a waste of a perfectly good massage!) and is now at the mechanics. Something about a belt and the AC compressor. I can't fault the car - it's 6 years old and has about 120,000 miles on it and this is the first real repair I've had to make. It's on it's second battery and only one wheel has had new brakes so it's really been fabulous but now it's getting to that age. Poor car, it's getting a work around repair instead of original parts. That's what happens when you get old After all that I was meeting my bff in town and we were going for drinks with some folks from our office, her way of saying goodbye to people after the fiasco a couple of weeks ago. We got to the bar and it was closed for a private party and 2 people ended up working late. We decided to come home and try another night so ended up at our local pub having a good glass of wine and whining.

On the plus side yesterday is over (except for the repair bill)!

After much thinking and talking we decided to save our vacation deposit for fall migration. It doesn't make sense to move everything around now or to try to go away the week kitty is off her meds. If she is still having problems she may need surgery again so we would just need to reschedule. As far as my time off goes I'm reaching the end of the fiscal year and need to use it anyway. I still have 3 unplanned days along with next week and a long birthday weekend so no point saving the days. I'll just get my garden in and we will take some fun day trips. As of 7/1 I will be 4 days and have a whole new batch of time off so we can still go away as much as we can afford.

Tomorrow I run the dehydrator for the first time this garden season. Yes, this passes as excitement in my life Today the annoying hair goes away. I plan to end the day with a short, no fuss do. When I back packed the rule was the hair had to be washable with one pan of water. I'm not that strict anymore but don't have the patience for much more. I'll post pics once I fix the roots

Wow, that was rambly! Have a good day Chicks!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Are your cushions dry, or should I bring my own? I'm all for coffee on the deck, especially since I'm feeling so much better. Heck, I'll even hang around and help you roll out some pie crusts for that bake-a-thon since I have the morning off.

Actually, I'm hoping to get my herb garden planted right after I get back from delivering Audrey's backpack to her. She left it in my car yesterday, but was happy that I was able to fax her her homework pages so she could get it done last night. Cindy and I took the girls to a plant nursery after school yesterday, where they selected seedlings for their vegetable garden, and I couldn't resist buying more specimens for my beds. The girls were thrilled to discover artichoke plants, so we bought a few to see how they make out. Artichokes are one of their favorite foods, so we're really hoping they do well in our little patch.

Yay for Friday! The week did go by fast, didn't it!

Hey there, Cyndi! Sorry yesterday was such a bummer day for you. We'll all have a drink and sympathize with you this evening.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-15-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - coffee on your deck sounds lovely - thanks!

Cyndi - good gracious woman. What a day! I'd be crushed to have to cancel vacation! I'm grateful all my cats are healthy (so far) and am stunned none have ever had a urination problem. Lucky me. Hope you get some rest this weekend!

Cottage - The girls like artichokes?!? Wow, impressive! You're right...the week DID go by quite quickly.

Me - this has been a s-l-o-w week at work!! Probably b/c it's the week b/w finals and graduation at PSU - and the whole community revolves around that schedule. Today I work 2-7, so I'm supposed to meet a lady from church, then meet a friend for a 4ish mile run. It's supposed to be a beautiful day!

I made my tuna cannellini bean salad yesterday, get leftovers today. Delish!

Enjoy your day, ladies!
Old 05-15-2009, 07:30 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cottage - I will be there for that glass of wine!

Twynn - I know you know how unusual it is for a cat her age to have so much trouble. Enjoy your run in the lovely weather.

Okay, off to the longest work day of the year
Old 05-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth- sounds like you have a marathon day planned again. Hope you get everything done.

Cyndi- Sorry you had such bad day yesterday hopefully today will fly by for you.

Cottage- Hope you have a nice day today.

Twynn- Hope your day flies by, the tuna cassorole sounds delish.

As for me- wfh day- should be relaxing as DH is out of town for a week. Took DD2 to doctors yesterday and he has her on aggressive treatment this weekend and then she will have to stay on meds for 1 to 2 years so her colon can shrink back to normal size. Poor thing she is only 6 years old to have to deal with this stuff. Praying that this will be the trick this time and we can get it under control.

Have a great Friday ladies might have to join ya'll for some wine and chat tonight. LOL
Old 05-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #7  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys. :] One cup of coffee down. And a ton of self-hatred to go with it. Ugh. This has been a terrible week. Not for my diet and exercise, thats been awesome. But the change in diet has also brought back some health issues from when I was younger. It kinda makes me hate myself actually, and I really don't like being in such a dark place. D: Trying to stay positive though, and not let it get in my way of doing things.

First period - News Cast Presents. Sure to be ****. Second Period - Eh. We don't do anything anyway. Third - Review for EOC exam. Fourth - Test/Angry French teacher? Fifth - Test. Sixth - UGH! Seventh - Reading all period. Sounds like a FUN day. >_> Wish me luck.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

We've got a bit of sunshine here so the great laundry push continues. There is so much on my to-do list today that I haven't got a prayer of getting through it. I will apply my technique of choosing the easiest thing to accomplish and the most important/urgent thing. The rest can go to ****.
DH wants to drive to Delaware this weekend and shop for a vacation house. He's decided that now is the perfect time to find something, and get it at a good price. Personally, I'd rather put the money into hiring an architect and fixing up my FIRST house, but he doesn't see the need. We'll see how this goes, but I would really prefer to stay home and get the garden in. I am sending him to get a truckload of horse poo in the morning, so I guess I'll have to do what he wants after.

kate marie
, why would you hate yourself for health issues? Stay positive and think of the great things you are doing for yourself. Good luck getting through your day - no talking in class!
Rose, poor DD! That does not sound like a fun weekend. Poor little thing.
Ruth, the end of the week does come fast, unfortunately the weekend flies by even faster.
Hugs Cyndi, I'm glad you're going to salvage some vacation fun, and hope your kitty is better soon.
Hi cottage, happy gardening, hope I will be around for a bit tonight too, although I think we'll go up to my mom's for pizza first and to dump the kids. They haven't had a grandma overnight for 3 weeks now, poor kids (and poor parents).

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-15-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Today is suppose to be the best weather day of the weekend and us crazy Canucks are having a long weekend. It really crept up on me. I thought it was next weekend.

Ruth - have fun baking. Hope you sell lots.

Cyndi - You have a wonderful attitude towards your holidays.

Cottage - Have a good time gardening and enjoy your new plants.

Kate marie - take Schmoodle's advice.

Tywnn - have a great run and a beautiful day.

Rose - sounds like a stressful time for you.

me - I'm off for a long walk this morning and then I will play in my garden and I guess I have to plan some meals for this long weekend, I don't know if any family is coming over but then they just drop by.

Everyone else to follow have a good day.

take care
Sophie
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy FRIDAY!!!!

Ruth - Hope your baking marathon is going well. You are amazing when it comes to resisting things like that.

Cyndi - What a day! Hope today is already looking better. I'm hoping the kitty is better today as well.

Cottage - Very fun planting with your girls. Hope they get great returns on the garden.

Twynn - Sorry to hear that this week's been so slow. I hope the weekend will allow you to slow as well and have some enjoyment in it! Enjoy your run!

Pearlrose - I'm so sorry to hear that your DD is having to deal with such serious health issues. I hope she comes through with flying colors!

Katie - I'm with Schmoodle, don't beat yourself up for health issues. You need to deal with them and take care of your body. Hope the day isn't as bad as you think it will be.

Schmoodle - I think a summer house sounds lovely! Good luck getting done what needs to get done!

Sophie - Hope you enjoyed your walk!

Me - As expected, yesterday was long. And to top it off, my DH had tickets for a "Taste of..." evening where the local restaurants get together and pass out samples of their food. I had eaten perfectly yesterday until then. I simply indulged, and I knew I should not have. So today I work extra hard to get on track.
Good new came from my FiL yesterday. They were finally able to move him out of ICU. So now he's in his own room and is ready for rehabilitation. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!
I'm finally headed to the Dr's this morning to see if they can unclog my ear.....it's still plugged, despite my best efforts. Tonight is BUNKO, and then tomorrow is extremely busy with a bridal shower and a big dress up Gala that DH and I are going to. Should be fun
Have a great day all!
BLESSINGS!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hi Ladies. Good Morning! I hope you don't mind me dropping in.

Busy day here. Hubby finally came back in town last night. Today my younger graduates from PRESCHOOL! WOW! This is a fork in my own journey as a mother since this will now free my time like never before. I need to find a life I guess.

Tonight I am going to a party! Yahoo! It will consist of a group of moms getting all "gussied" up for each other and then drinking and possibly passing out for some of them. I am prepared. I am drinking tequila, diet sprite/crystal light mix. I am also preparing a salmon dish to take so there will be something I can indulge in. I will have a few bites of the other but will make my salmon dish the main deal.

Twynn
..just got back in from my own run....gettin warm here!
Cottage & Ruth..love the idea of gardening..what great activity and how therapeutic
Cyndi...I am hair challenged and gotta kick out of that last paragraph
Schmoodle..Love your idea on your to do list--the last one is a hoot! Sounds JUST like something I would say
Katie..get to drinkin' I am well into my 2nd cup now

hmac--have fun @ Bunco and best of luck with the ear--if you use "in-ear" earphones be sure to put them aside for a few days!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 05-15-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All!
Had a funky computer thing this morning and lost my post...so...hi to everyone...Katie Marie, hang in there!

I'm and , then going to a Volunteer luncheon with one of my dogs. Back home to see my Sister off for her drive to Vancouver, BC, then making a list using the "Schmoodle" method. Ahhh easiest and most urgent.
Gardening, mostly, but what to do first???
I stayed on plan yesterday, had a strong carb craving last night which I classified as "emotional". Got through it and plan to have another clean day.
Thanks for all the support!
Debbie R.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HAPPY FRIDAY! And what a glorious day it is! Of course, more severe weather heading this way for today and tomorrow but birds are chirping right now!

Going to lie around and relax most of the day. Got a new "free upgrade" phone so I've been spending all my time importing all my CD's into it so I can have tunes!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!!!!

Lisa
Old 05-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Guys got to work late and am getting out early had to have my bandage repositioned!
So I'll be back for a full post when I get home
Big event tonight our annual dinner I'm going Stag DH has Drill and to work all night!
I'm proud of myself hung out with my gf last night and I made all the food decisions Steamed chicken and tofu with chinese veg ans Sf fudge pops for dessert
So I have the entree No sauce for lunch today
ok back to the breach!
BEfore I forget
Katie I know what its like to be young and have some pretty obnoxious health issues I was out of school a lot in HS and Hated myself for it.
But if you look at yourself the way you'd look at someone else and give yourself the time and love and consideration perhaps that would ease the othre stuff

Kierie
Old 05-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Quick rush-in again. Waiting on the water dept. to call me so I can meet them at the house and they can run tests again. Our water is still not drinkable. Sigh. They are working on it, though.
Closed Thread