Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/267/140

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Phase One and Skin Issues

Hey everyone,

I know this is a slower board than some of the rest but hopefully someone will pop in with some insight.

So, I am starting out Day 4 of Phase One and noticed that I have an increase in acne. Usually at this time of the month I get one pimple around my chin. This month I have four.

It is probably all of the toxins and other "stuff" that is just realing from my system but I wonder if anyone else had the same issue.

*I did a search but nothing came up. If this has already been adressed, sorry.*
AniDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I would think that the change in diet does have something to do with it- BUT that most likely it will probably clear up soon. I'd say if by a month your skin doesn't improve it might be something else.

That's like when my sister first started using those neutrogena face pads, her skin broke out worse- BUT that's cuz the exfoliating was pushing the dirt and oils to the surface, after another week or so of use her skin really cleared up.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/238/150

Height: 5'3

I agree with beerab. By going through the detox, "poisons" are leaving your body and acne is just one way they can leave. In my opinion this shouldnt last much longer with your new clean eating change and drinking more water. Good Luck!!!!
natascharenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #4  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

My skin cleared up from this diet. Like, a lot. Then I went off of it for a month from stress, and broke out again...ten days later my face is almost clear again. Give it a little time.

I also like the Aveeno daily face pads...they make your face feel SO clean.
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/182/155

Height: 5'9

I experienced something similar to this. I've been having an outbreak of hives that I feel are triggered by eating so many beans. From the research I've done, beans can stimulate allergies. Not sure if it's 100% accurate, however it was rather coincidental. I love this diet though. It works so well for me.
katie507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/267/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the responses.
It's cleared up some since the other day. I used a clay mask mixed with a drop of tea tree oil Sunday that dried a few of them up.
AniDan is offline   Reply With Quote