Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Does anyone here own a Kindle?

I have been thinking about getting a Kindle, but don't know anyone who has one and what they think about it. If you have one, let me know about the pros and cons.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #2  

Default I have one! Just got in a couple of months ago

I have one.. and so does my Mom. She has the first model and I have the second. I really like it.

Pros.. less books to clutter up my house, eventually. I can get the book I want in a matter of seconds. There are thousands of 100% FREE books to download as well as the ones you pay for.

Cons - I tried ordering a book through the Kindle unit itself and I found it a little difficult. I pressed the wrong button and accidentally ordered a book. I called Amazon up right away and they took it back and creditted my account, but I think what I am going to do from now on is order on the computer and have it sent to the Kindle as that is easier.

A lot of the functions I haven't played with yet, but it is nice that when you power off the unit, when you come back to the book, the screen is in the same spot where you left it.. no more dog-earing pages to remember where you left off reading.

Amazon has a big message board area about the Kindle. You might want to read through that to see if any other people mention things that are important to you
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

i'm thinking about it, too!!! several friends have them, and they RAVE about it. but a couple of them also say that they'll replace them when the technology improves. sooo, i'm inclined to wait just a little while longer.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #4  
Workin' It

My MIL has one, a first generation, we actually got it for her for Christmas two years ago. She loves it. She buys several books a month and is reading on it all the time. I have EReader installed on my cell phone and it looks like the Kindle would be a lot easier to read than the smaller screen of my cell phone. They did just release a new version this week I think,with a larger screen. I'm going to check it out for the next holiday event for DH.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #5  

I LOVE my Kindle.Well worth the money on what you save on books.I have 2nd generation.Very good battery life.Easy to read inside or outside.Very quick download time.Very user friendly.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote