Old 05-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #1  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Exclamation Question about gym and ear infection?

I have an ear infection.... OUCHIE!! My ear is killing me... I didn't go to the gym yesterday due to pain and I had planned on going after work today, but my ear is still killing me..... Would it be lazy of me not to go because I have an ear infection and it hurts, bad?

I just wanted opinions! It doesn't help that tomorrow is my weigh day and I am worried as I didn't get to the gym this week- only 30 minute daily walk to/from work. Hmmmmmm......

Well, I am going to rest on a heating pad to see if that will help a bit... Ibprophin isn't really dulling my ear pain... I have been on antiboitic ear drop for 2 days... I don't want to ask my Dr. for something stronger.....
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I think you're justified in sitting it out. Ear infections are PAINFUL. Not to mention, your equilibrium could be off and you don't want to be working out and get dizzy.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

I second Stella. Shaking up the fluid in your already swollen ears will probably give you motion sickness. You don't need to wake up with vertigo.

My Maman used to blow her cigarette smoke into my ears when I got infections as a kid. She said the heat pushed the infection out. I dunno how true that is, but it always worked like a charm. Not saying you have to go there, but if you know anyone who smokes it might not hurt to try. Feel better!

Last edited by NishKitten; 05-13-2009 at 04:55 PM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Do you happen to use in ear earphones? I have read they can exacerbate problem ears and make them more prone to infection. Just an FYI.

Our last pediatrician would offer shots of antibiotics when my younger one would get really bad ones. She always said it was the fastest way to get them into the body. Maybe they could give you one?

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 05-13-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #5  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Lightbulb Thanks Guys!

Thanks for confirming... I am staying home to rest today!

Thighsbegone- Yes I do... I never thought of that! I am already prone to getting ear infections- always have been.. I have had 3 surgeries on my ears as a child and countless adult ear infections which apparently isn't so common.

I will have to look in to some different head phones.... Sometimes getting water in my ear in the shower can do it for me... I use something for swimmers ear but it doesn't always work. The docotor knows me well for my ear infections. Grrrrr...
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #6  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Tracy-I just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon.. I went through that the other week with double ear infection and it is horrible.. I really hope you are ok and I wanted to let you know that the gym should be the last thing on your mind.. Lay down and relax.

Hope you feel better soon.. Let us know how you make out..
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

omg ear infections! I HATE anything to do with ears. I would take it easy, maybe go for a walk? Definately tone it down if you arent feeling good
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Also, don't fly with an ear infection. I learned this (the hard way) when I went to Boston a few weeks ago. I wished I was a 6 year old kid, because then I would have had "permission" to scream and wail as much as I wanted to.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #9  
I will do this.

I use to get them as a kid too-- and I would shove my pillow into the deep freezer for ten minutes and then lay on it...HEAVEN.

I agree with the girls - I would take it easy and lay off the headphones - however maybe a stroll around the block would get the blood moving.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote