Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #1  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Default How do you reward yourself?

I don't know about you guys, but I am so focused on living healthy, that at times I forget to reward myself. I have plenty of things planned for when I hit goal and how I might reward myself, but I guess I struggle a bit with finding ways to reward myself for simply staying on plan. So I guess my question to you fine people would be, how do you reward yourself for staying OP or do you?
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

I used to reward my self with food. Which always back fired. So now I reward my self with a new outfit, a purse, some perfume, going to the salon. That's how I reward my self. I set little goals like 2-5 lbs and when I reach it I get to do something I want or buy something. It helps me stay focused.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I find staying on plan to be so very rewarding in and of itself. Really, everyday that I eat healthy and exercise is a true gift to myself.

That being said, the year I was losing, I did set up rewards for myself with every 10 lbs lost. First reward was a pocket book. Then a wallet. Then a pair of slippers.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #4  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

I too used to reward myself with food and too much of it obviously. But now shopping has become a dangerous addiction! I can't stop buying those super cute flats! I love shoes! I have also bought alot of new clothes because very little of what I had still fits. But I must stop because I'm not at goal yet and don't want to waste anymore $ on clothes that may not fit when I get there.

Last edited by losermom; 05-13-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I never, ever reward myself for staying on plan with food - to me, that is hugely counter productive.

I have, however, been known to SHAMELESSLY bribe myself to stay on plan. Usually, the reward is a massage, I love them!

I set 10 lb rewards for myself as I was losing weight. I remember them all

180 - fancy sandals that were way expensive (they are now too big, who knew I would lose weight in my feet?) Oh well, I enjoyed them at the time
170 - massage
160 - new clothes (everything was sliding off me!)
150 - fancy cut/color at a very "ooh la la" salon
140 - massage (I had the same person! she noticed!)
130 - tattoo
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I reward myself with small things that I've been wanting, like a new eyeliner or new shirt or something.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

For my first 30 pounds lost I got two pairs of jeans because all my jeans looked horrible and saggy. I bought them on clearance and even though they are cute, I don't plan to fit in them for more then a few months.
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5ft 4.5

I decided at the beginning of my weight loss plan to reward myself at every 7lbs (half a stone) and my rewards were very similar to those already listed (massage e.t.c) But today i remembered i'd forgotten to get my last one so just bought 2 lovely bags and make-up!!! I decided that i'd try and stay away from buying loads of clothes as i want a new wardrobe when i'm at my goal but i did buy a dress in my ideal size to cheer me along. Hope this helps xx
chudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #9  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

I've decided that I want my rewards to be something that will continue to help me with my weight loss. My first reward is actually a big one, not sure if I actually "deserve" it since I've lost only 11 pounds but it has to do with the summer season as well - I'm buying a kayak!

Another reward that I'm looking forward to is buying myself a pair of snowboard boots for the upcoming winter season.

Those will be two big purchases so as for smaller rewards I'm planning on new workout clothes, new gear to outfit my kayak (which I'll be buying "bare bones") and things like that.

Last edited by Fox; 05-13-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #10  
Junior chick

S/C/G: 228/187/140

Height: 5'6

This is a really interesting topic. I used to reward with food and like most of you, it just didn't work because I didn't stop after the reward! I kind of agree with RockinRobin...eating healthfully and mindfully is reward in itself now. I feel much better and more proud of myself, and I've made changes I can live with. That said, when I'm at goal, I will be taking myself shopping as I'll have nothing that fits! I promised myself a pair of nice sexy jeans and a snazzy pair of sandals.
Peep Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #11  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Fox, a kayak sounds like so much fun! I think it is an awesome reward and you deserve it.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #12  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Maybe this sounds lame but at this moment I see my weigh-in as the reward for all the times I exercised during the week, all the times I said "no, thank you" to junk presented to me, all the days I planned, weighed, measured, etc. Honestly, I love seeing my WW leader these days and I'm totally digging the results!

That said, I do have a reward of a proper pair of running shoes as soon as I hit 89kg on my home scale. I am not far from that goal
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #13  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I set up rewards based on 20lb increments. I have it written down.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #14  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen View Post
Maybe this sounds lame but at this moment I see my weigh-in as the reward for all the times I exercised during the week, all the times I said "no, thank you" to junk presented to me, all the days I planned, weighed, measured, etc. Honestly, I love seeing my WW leader these days and I'm totally digging the results!
Nope, doesn't sounds lame at all. Anything that makes you feel great about yourself is a reward! I absolutely agree that seeing that number go down on that scale is incredibly rewarding

Last edited by Fox; 05-13-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

I love books and movies so I buy books, buy dvds and go to the movies now and then.
I also buy moisturizers I really love the smell of.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote