Old 05-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 11 - 17 May

Hey lovelies!

So the weekend was absolutely miserable weather wise. At least we didn't get snow, but it was snowing about half an hour's drive inland, and there was snow on the hills around my city. Yesterday was so bad that I didn't even leave the house!

This compliment thing is catching - my boss told me today I was looking good. Given that he's male and well in his 50's, then the fact that he's noticed must mean that it's very noticeable. OK, horrible sentence structure there, but you know what I mean!

Gym this morning and a good weights workout. Work was work - we're busy with a few storm claims from the weekend and then to top it all off, Tauranga got hit by a hailstorm at lunchtime. Think our quiet patch is over with, but we knew it was going to break.

I haven't heard anything about the police job as yet, but things are a little difficult for them at the moment. A police officer was shot dead and 2 were seriously injured, and the gunman basically set up siege for over 2 days. This sort of thing is just about unheard of here and it's been a pretty horrible couple of days. I'll give them a ring a bit later on in the week - it's just not the right time yet.

Rhonda, migranes are nasty! Hope you're feeling better now!

MJ, good for you for having a clean out. I really need to do the same, but finding the time at the moment is hard.

Diane, go you with the compliments! Awesome!

Lixxi, that's too bad about the job. Try not to work too hard!

Have fun everyone.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:44 AM   #2  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I cannot believe it is Monday again already!!!

nicolen--That's awesome about the compliments!!! Sounds like the weather is really getting icky, I'm sorry to hear that. It seems like there is a lot more of that kind of stuff (people killing people) going on. Not sure what is up...pretty scare stuff.

Well, I kind of 'ran out of steam' beore I really got into the Spring cleaning, but that's ok...hopefully I really get into it this coming weekend!

May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Our local NAMI chapter is sponsoring is short Wellness Walk this afternoon and a presentation about Mental Health. One of the other managers and I are trying to get our staff and consumers involved....we'll see. She and I are going even if no one else will. It is SO important to show our support. I thought our consumers would want to be involved too, but it's not looking like it. Anyway, that will have to count as my workout today since it doesn't end until 6pm. I'll make up for it tomorrow at the gym, though!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends!

MJ - I love that you are participating in the Mental Health walk and presentation. It is important! These disorders and diseases impact so many lives.
Nicole - It must be incredible fun and affirming to get a weight loss compliment from your boss! Congratulations.

Well, it's time to be accountable. I did not have a great on-plan weekend and did not get on the treadmill even once. I have a rough time with Mother's Day and my MIL's medication apparently needs tweaking. She has a severe form of bi-polarism and it's a constant battle to keep her on an even keel. She's been making life extremely difficult lately. But, I can't make excuses for myself. I must learn how to stay on-plan during these times. My health is too important.

This week is a hectic week. Late this afternoon, I'll be helping with a blood drive for my daughter's Girl Scout troop, so I won't have treadmill time. But, I'll stay on-plan with my food.

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, ww toast, Chocolate Silk
Snack - Tangelo and cheese stick
Lunch - Frozen meal
Snack - Yogurt
Dinne - Sauteed veggies over ww couscous
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Had a really good weekend. My son had a baseball game on Saturday and it was a good game. Lots of sun though! Should have put on the sunscreen!! And then on Mother's Day, I cleaned my porch, all the chairs, and the grill. My son mowed the lawn and my daughter helped me with clean up. The porch looked so good that my daughter set up a table so that we could eat outside for dinner. It was just really nice. She was all tickled with that.

Worked out this morning after weigh in, and that was good. I seem to be going in a pattern of two weeks of very little weight loss, and one week with big numbers. I guess that's ok!

Nicolen: That's too bad about the death of the police officer. I always hate to hear that. Congrats on the compliments!

MJ: What a great cause for a walk. Hope you enjoy it!

Rhonda: You have to cut yourself some slack because I am sure that is really tough dealing with your MIL's issues. You are really doing a great thing by helping her with all of that. I know we shouldn't make any excuses, but sometimes it is tough. So now... get on that treadmill!!! ha!

Have a good day!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #5  
mj5

Rhonda--I was thinking about you this weekend. Sorry it has been so rough for you. Good for you for planning to stay OP w/ your food today!

Diane--Wow, great weekend at your house! Congrats on the weigh in!

I work in a Mental Health Residential Program and HATE to see some of the things that our consumers have to deal with because other people are uneducated about mental health issues.

I'm kinda glad it's a short walk because my knee is really sore, but I AM going to participate tonight. It's just too important to miss!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #6  
mj5

Hi everyone! The walk went really well. The mayor was there and made a nice speech.

Have a great night!
Old 05-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #7  
Nicole

Hey everyone!

Yay tomorrow is payday. And after tomorrow I'll have 3 payments left on my student loan. Can you tell that I'm counting these down? Still, come July that's $100 per pay that's mine and not the government's.

Fairly normal day today - gym workout went well and work was good. I had my monthly one on one with the boss and we're both happy. He wants me to spend a bit of time working with one of our team members who's finding things a struggle - both the boss and I are convinced that the team member has a learning disability of some kind, but team member is not acknowledging this. Team member has no short term memory and even though he's been with us nearly a year, is still asking the most basic questions. Because I used to teach and worked with special needs kids, boss is convinced I know what I'm doing. Reality is it's been 10 years since I taught and I worked with 10 - 13 year olds, not adults, so I'm not as convinced. Still, no harm in trying, I guess. Anything to keep the peace in the team because a lot of people are frustrated.

MJ, go you with the walk! Especially with your dodgy knee - how did that hold up?

Rhonda, sorry about your mother in law. It must be a difficult thing to deal with - lots of thoughts and going your way.

Diane, talk about a busy weekend. My weight loss is strange as well - I'll have a big loss, then nothing for a couple of weeks, then another big loss. This losing weight's a strange game, isn't it?

Hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow - it's going to depend when the site comes up after the server move. If no, I'll talk to you on Thursday.

Have fun!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #8  
mj5

Good Morning!!!

nicolen--Sounds like a great meeting!!

The walk went well. Unfortunately, not a lot of people showed up. The other manager and I have talked about having some healthy snacks afterward for next year's walk....food is usually an incentive for people to come! Since it's a wellness walk, it WILL be healthy snacks!

My knee held up fine during the walk (yippee), but by the time I came home, I was in a lot of pain. I took the 'big' pain meds before bed and slept about 4 hours before it was throbbing again. I took 1/2 dose to get through the rest of the night. It feels a lot better right now. I am going to wear 'good' shoes (birkenstocks), so hopefully that will help today too!

I am going to the gym today--plan is arm/shoulder weights and some cardio. I have those very short sleeve shirts and a couple of sleeveless shirts that I AM wearing this summer!

I have my healthy lunch all packed, my gym clothes in the car, my water bottle ready to go....I am ready for an OP day!!!

Allergies are still kicking my butt....I finally called the dr and he called me in some allegra. The OTC stuff just wasn't doing enough. Ahhh, I feel much better! No more itchy eyes, no more stuffy nose!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...I had a wonderful time with my grandson and family last week! A two year old will keep one hopping - that's for sure. It was grand to get to spend so much time with my family. My son refers to me as Grandma B - it's too hard for little kids to say Beverly. By the time I left - he called my "B". I love that he knows my name.

My food patterns left alot to be desired. I'll try again.

Today -
lots of appointments
meeting

write down my food
drink lots of water
stretches
meditation
think positive
turn off TV while I eat
put my fork down between bites

breakfast - pnb toast, turkey sausage, applesauce
lunch - HC meal, salad
snack - apple and cheese
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup
snack - cereal, milk raisins

MJ - glad you could do the walk...sorry it kicked your knee. Ice it and baby it a bit. Good planning!

Nicolen - wow...it will feel wonderful to get that loan paid off!! Wonderful to hear about your compliments!

Slash - clean porch and eating there sounds like fun! It's good to realize you have a WL pattern.

Rhonda - sounds like life is hectic. Remember, we can only go forward - everyday is a new beginning.

Hope you all have a GREAT day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #10  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to get a quick post in. I know they're shutting down the site soon, so I'll just say, "have a great day!"
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #11  
Nicole

Hey ladies,

Not much to report today - it's my non gym day and work was OK. Just watching the TV news and they're showing the funeral of the police officer who was killed last week. Very, very sad for that poor family. Imagine having to go through the trauma and horror of having to bury your loved one knowing that the TV cameras are there recording?

I rang the police today and they requested a copy of my CV. Thankfully I haven't missed anything - it was just the early advice email that I got, so it's going to be a bit of a waiting game for the next little while. That's OK - I can be patient... Yeah, who am I kidding?

MJ, talk about an organised lady! Go you!

Beverly, sounds like you had a fantastic visit! Your grandson sounds like such a cutie - such a fantastic age he's at as well!

Diane, hi!

Everyone else, hi!

So much to do tonight and not a lot of time so I'd better get started.

Enjoy yourselves!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:19 AM   #12  
mj5

Good Morning!!!! I have a SUPER busy day today...lots of interviews--I am hiring for an open position, so I start at 9am, go through noon, have a noon meeting (it's a fun meeting...we gather to talk about American Idol! LOL!), then a planning meeting about our new proposal, then it will be time to go home! Phew....THEN, my friend who is getting married asked me to go w/ her to pick out accessories for her hair. I interviewed one person yesterday. For someone who said she wanted the job, she sure didn't act like it! Whatever...

nicolen--That is so sad. I cannot even imagine having to deal w/ the tv cameras at such a hard time. I know when my dad died, there were lots of newspaper articles (we live in a small town and he was well known and it was a big accident). That was hard enough--it seemed like every time we picked up the newspaper....there it was. Dealing w/ the media would be 100 times worse, I'm sure.

Rhonda--How are you? How's your mil? I know spring (or any season change) can be rough. Not sure why that is, but it is for a lot of our residents.

Beverlyjoy--Awww, your grandson is such a cutie!!!

Diane--Hi!!!

Ok, I need to get myself ready for work!

I did go to the gym last night. It wasn't a terribly productive visit, but I went. I guess I wanted to at least be able to tell my ortho tomorrow what seems to aggrivate my knee....which seems to be everything these days!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks! Yesterday was a good day - I am grateful. I had food sanity and felt positive.

Today I have two programs in the morning and office work in the afternoon. I've already done my meditation, stretches, exercises and recumbant bike - so I think I am going in the right direction for the day.

Today:

breakfast - pnb toast, egg white scramble with ketchup, peach
lunch - tuna salad, garlic toast, veggies and dip
snack - cheese toast
dinner - chicken, brown rice, roasted green beans
snack - cherrios, fruit, miolk

Mj - sounds like you are so, so busy. I like a meeting where they discuss American Idol! Have fun with your friend. Good job on getting to the gym. Ice your knee.

Nicolen - Yes, so sad when a police officer perishes. What's a CV?
Have a great day.

Diane - hope you had a good day yesterday.

Shout out to everyone who checks in.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-13-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends.

I'm back on-plan today and not a moment too soon. I feel horrible from all of the junk I pushed into my body. I must work on the underlying reasons for this.

Today is a 1500 calorie day
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, ww toast, Chocolate silk
Snack - Tangelo and cheese stick
Lunch - Lean Cuisine
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Sauteed veggies over ww noodles
Snack - Weight Watcher's Double Fudge Cake.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies, I need to try to get back into the swing of posting my menus. I have been on plan this week so far, still trying to lose the weight I put on over the winter and get back to my ticker weight. I'm so list and goal-oriented that I realized before when I was posting my menus I was treating it like a list - if I put down a snack then I felt like I was accomplishing something by eating it and if I didn't eat it, it was some kind of failure... weird, I know. So I am going to post my meals, and just give myself a couple of snack options from now on, and if I don't need them then I won't feel like I should eat them anyway. Yes, I do get tired of playing mind games with myself!

so today:
B: scrambled eggs with spinach and salsa, 2 strips turkey bacon, tomato juice
L: leftover spaghetti squash deep dish Italian pie
D: Greek tacos (in lettuce cups) or leftover fried "rice" if I am too busy
snack options: raw cauli with hummus, zucchini cheesecake, latte, ricotta creme for an evening sweet treat if I want it.

I have missed you all, my own fault, I will try to do better with checking in here .
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote