Old 05-13-2009, 05:36 AM   #1  
Night Shift chickie!

S/C/G: 189/159.6/150

Height: 5'6

Default any coffee lovers out there?

hey there. im just wondering if there are any coffee addicts like me here on this board. i LOVE coffee. drink 3+ cups a day, and more than a pot on the weekends. but i like a little extra in my joe and im tired of wasting 50 cals a cup on creamer. has anyone found success with a particular sugar free syrup? ive tried a few, and they make my coffee taste like crap. just wasted 50 bucks experimenting with different flavors. any suggestions would be yummy.
sassybangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I've found that most flavored syrups and even flavored coffees just don't taste very good to me without creamer. Unless I use a ton of vanilla syrup, but I hate taking in that much fake sweetener each day.

It may sound crazy (it does to most people) but you could use skim milk in your coffee. I'd recommend working down to it.. either by mixing it with your creamer of choice, or moving to whole milk then 2% then skim. It has less calories, less fat, and I think more protein. So at least you're getting something useful out of it. If your creamer is sweetened and you like that, you'll need to add splenda or something, since milk is obviously not all that sweet on its own.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #3  

I do drink coffee every morning. But I have to have my creamer with it. I tried going without and I'm so used to creamer that black didn't taste good to me. I use International Delight White Chocolate Coconut flavor right now. It's almost 100 calories per tablespoon which is a lot to spend on when you're counting calories. But I've noticed if I have that one cup of coffee with creamer in the morning, I don't care much for any other type of candy or sweet stuff the rest of the day.
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I use fat free stuff....about 35 calories per tablespoon. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't notice a difference between the fat free and sugar free and the regular....

I also drink 1/2 decaf coffee, though. I LOVE coffee but the caffeine was doing weird things to me when I drank the 100% caffeine stuff.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Believe it or not, try about a tablespoon of cinnamon in with your coffee/filter before brewing. Cinnamon does great things for the body also.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Fat Free half and half. 20 cals for 2 tbsp.

As for the sugar, I use organic raw sugar. It has a molasses-y flavor to it that is really pleasant, and just a teaspoon is enough to give it a hint of sweetness. I am a complete snob. I don't believe in artificial sweetener and I don't like flavors in my coffee. I spend a lot to buy organic Columbian Supremo, it already has a slightly sweet flavor to it, and that's what I want to taste. LoL.

Last edited by NishKitten; 05-13-2009 at 08:31 AM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I've worked down to Stevia and and a littls splash of Skim Milk. I don't eat/drink nearly enough dairy so I'm sure my body likes it anyway. I don't even miss the high cal creamer at this point .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I love coffee!!!(Sorry 20somethings,I butting in...LOL) I can't stand sugar free syrups, Splenda has some coffee flavors that aren't bad. I like using International Delights Suisse Mocha(sugar free). Its 35 calories a serving. This stuff is made to just be put in hot water but I added to my coffee. The calorie range probably isnt going to be much difference for you. I dd 1 serving to 12oz off coffee and 4oz skim milk. Since it is summer I make mine iced so thats a 16oz iced mocha for only 80 calories. cant get that at starbucks...lol Sometimes I have this 2 times a day, I just make sure it fits in my day.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #9  
Manager

S/C/G: 176.2/115.2/120

Height: 5'1"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie175 View Post
Believe it or not, try about a tablespoon of cinnamon in with your coffee/filter before brewing. Cinnamon does great things for the body also.
What a great idea.
In Canada we have Tim Hortons and I loved my double doubles... til I was told one large double double (2 cream 2 sugar) is equal to a piece of chocolate cake. Then I switched to black coffee which I can do no biggie.... but what great idea to "spice" it up a little. I am going to try that!!!
Dria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I really love a latte without any sweetener. I wouldn't have when I was eating a ton of sugar every day, but now, I prefer it as a non-sweet treat.

I also had some hazelnut flavored coffee beans that I used once and loved.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #11  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

What about the sweetened almond milk? It could give you some flavor while giving you the milk. Its less calories than skim milk and has a thicker consistency.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #12  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Also not a 20-something (by far!) but you asked

Yes I love coffee and I am a purist which means I don't put sugar or syrup in my coffee and I definitely don't use creamer. I love straight shots of espresso, or brewing my favourite in a french oress or making a Clover cup of something exotic

I am very picky about my coffee. Luckily I work for a very large coffee company so I can literally make whatever I fancy, whenever I want. Last year I was even the Coffee Ambassador for our region. So yeah, coffee is *almost* my favourite subject
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #13  
Callie1983

S/C/G: 192/153/135

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen View Post
Also not a 20-something (by far!) but you asked

Yes I love coffee and I am a purist which means I don't put sugar or syrup in my coffee and I definitely don't use creamer. I love straight shots of espresso, or brewing my favourite in a french oress or making a Clover cup of something exotic

I am very picky about my coffee. Luckily I work for a very large coffee company so I can literally make whatever I fancy, whenever I want. Last year I was even the Coffee Ambassador for our region. So yeah, coffee is *almost* my favourite subject
WOW! How lucky are you?!?!?!?! That's awesome!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Coffee! I like it just about any way you can give it to me... Creamer, flavored creamers, sugar, iced, etc. It's never bothered me to drink it black either though, which has been very good for my weight loss.

I havent had anything but black coffee since March 1st. I drink one or two cups a morning when I get into work. It makes me so happy when I walk in the door and I smell that someone has already made it. And I get very cranky if anything/anyone distracts me before I get my first cup down!
Callie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

I am going to go against the grain here and suggest that you try something completely different. I was totally like you, I couldn't function without my 3 cups a day with creamer and I also loaded mine with sugar which made it even worse. I decided that I would try green tea- I have become addicted! It's like 4 calories per bag and the caffeine is much more subtle and long lasting than coffee. I also find I don't get a huge crash like I would with coffee.

My favorite is the Tazo 'Zen' flavor from Starbucks. Just thought I throw it out there!
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

Mmmmm coffee

i luckily LOVE black coffee, so haven't had to change that aspect of my diet at least....i will occasionally have a "fancy" coffee as a treat, but 2 (or 3, or 4) cups of black coffee is an essential part of my morning!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote