Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

Default I totally fell off the wagon.............

I was doing the Metabolic diet and I started off really good. I lost 17 pounds w/ almost no effort. Then I hit a stubborn plateau and I lost nothing, but I did put some on. I kept my weight the same for a little while, but a few weeks ago when I was at a friends house, I lost it. Now I cant seem to get back on track. I am slowly losing control of my eating and I see where I am getting fatter, sleeping badly, and have no energy. I am trying to get back into the YMCA, actually my son is wanting to join a gym, so I am excited! But my lack of self control is really bringing me down. I am having a hard time staying focused on positive things. I wont weigh myself cause I dont want to get dragged down any more. Until next time, I will try to keep focused and at least report here....................

Last edited by junebaby; 05-12-2009 at 06:53 PM.
junebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #2  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

You know you can do it.....Get back on the wagon and start now!!! Don't beat yourself up about falling off...just dust yourself off and get back on. You know the first few days, if not weeks will be the hardest but after that you won't even remember you fell off. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I can go forever waiting "feel like it." What I have found is that it's the first day that's hardest. If I worry about how many months I'm going to have to control myself, I'll never start. But if I know I only have to make that much effort the first day, and every day it gets easier, then I can muster up one day's worth of willpower. That first day really makes a difference.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

When listening to Jillian Micheal's radio show last night she was talking about when we feel it's not worth it to stick our plan or when we get scared of failing...she said if you could be at your goal weight tomorrow, would you stick to your plan today? if you could be the size you wanted tomorrow exercising for an hour today, would you do it? if so, then you do really want to stick to your plan.

It helped me today..I almost didn't want to exercise, but I told myself exercising now I will be at my goal tomorrow...ok, not exactly tomorrow, but everyday on your plan brings you one day closer to your goal and one day that tomorrow really will happen!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/143/130

Height: 5 foot nothing!

You can do it!!! Tomorrow is a new day & a perfect to start again.
littlejojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #6  
-100 pounds

S/C/G: 270/170/180

Height: 5'10

I recommend actually weighing yourself. I know its scary but hear me out. Stressing about what you might weigh is very unhealthy, mentally. What if you've lost pounds since your last weigh in? All that stressing for nothing, when you could have been celebrating. I recommend weighing yourself daily no matter what. Even if you have gained a few/a lot of pounds don't take it as a bad thing, learn from it. Analyse WHY your weight it where its at now and fix it.

I remember weighing myself once and the week before I slipped and had a HUGE dinner a few times in a row (holiday, family stuff). When I saw the scale I wasn't shocked. I thought back what I did wrong and remembered I had family stuff and it was the holidays. All I did was kept doing what I was doing before and the next week lost double my average.

The scale shouldn't be a bad thing ever. Even if you lost 1 pound, 2 pounds, 5 pounds, 0 pounds, its all the same. You're progressing. Even if you gained pounds its still a good thing. It will just help you figure out what you're doing wrong and ultimately twink your diet the best way possible.

You'll do fine! Everyone hits a wall here and there, just stay positive and keep up the great work!
Joshua from eawc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

One day at a time..one good choice at a time...you can do it..you have done it before and you will do it again...we are all here for you.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

BTW, I agree about weighing in. Otherwise, it's like seeing a bill come in the mail and ignoring it. It is the heat of summer and your AC has been running like crazy. So...you ignore it. It sits on the counter, it moves to the drawer. You remember from time to time it's there but you don't open it. It nags you and then one day IT happens..the power is cut off! There are fines for reconnect, there are fines for late pay. IF ONLY you had taken care of all of this sooner!

please note: this is an analogy and as God be my witness, I have never had my lights cut off!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote