Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 12:35 AM   #1  

Angry new here and need help

hi...first of all.....I am so glad I found this site!!! I need support BAD I am low on will power ...but if I can come to you guys when I feel like munchin....I am sure that will help. I have decided to set my goals small. If I concentrate on 10 lbs at a time, maybe I won't get overwelmed. Thanks for being here for me and I look forword to talking to you guys.
Old 10-12-2002, 08:24 PM   #2  

Hello and welcome. I like the 10 lbs at a time idea. It does seem more doable if you break it into smaller goals. I just made the -20 marker and my next goal is to get under 180. 9 lbs left to get there. Little markers work for me because I get the feeling of accomplishment more often!! Good luck on your journey!!!
Old 10-13-2002, 12:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

hi there i too like the 10lb approach and like you i also need help in the will power department. the last time that i was on my weight lost journey i decided that i would give myself a little reward for recaching a goal it didnt have to be anything big or special but some little treat. the best treat that i gave myself was just locking the doors to my bedroom and soaking in a wonderful bubble bath for an hr. but anyway i too am new and am here for you. good luck and look forward to hearin for you
]
Old 10-13-2002, 04:46 PM   #4  

Thanks guys, for answering my post. We can do this if we work together!!!! Right now i only want to lose eight lbs. Thats doable!!! Hope to hear from both of you!! Kathy aka flabbythighs
Old 10-16-2002, 06:49 PM   #5  

Hi! I am also new here - nice to meet you!

I was just reading one other entry which mentioned a "4week challenge" I think that this is a great idea. 4weeks is not a daunting amount of time to be working at something. I feel that I may set myself a goal to achieve as a four week challenge.

Do you know how to convert lb into Kilo's?

I am an Australian living in New Zealand and am amazed at the internet, that I can make contact with so many people from so many places.

Would you like to tell me abit about where you live? What is motivating you to lose weight and change YOUR life?

I gave up smoking and have put on weight plus relocated and not know anyone particularly well yet. I am not much overweight but need to stop the weight gain as I am feeling unfit and fat as I do not fit into clothes, etc. It is not so much about how big or small we are compared to others - I feel it is very much about how we feel about ourselves and OUR size. What is yr view?

Would love to hear from you.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:09 AM   #6  
Finally Fit!

I like your approach to your weight. Not ocmparing yourself, but how you fel in your skin, so to speak. I'm at the tale end of my weight loss, andI"ve got 20 pounds to go. I find myself makinga lloances for eating wrong, becasue I've lost ... so now I can reward myself. How do you get over that hump, and complete your goal?
Closed Thread