South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Cluck-In

Brrrr this morning! Hot coffee is definitely needed. We had a frost last night and the grass is all white out there. I'm sure glad I moved my tender baby plants into the barn for the night or they'd be toast. Right now it's 1ºC or 33ºF out there, not exactly planting weather.

Unless things warm up considerably, I'll be working inside today. I might even drive to town to the Bulk Barn to stock up on baking supplies for the church sale this Saturday. I made and four two pineapple cakes yesterday afternoon and used up all my flour.

How does your Monday morning look?
Old 05-11-2009, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Brrrrrrr is right! No frost here, but I took my coffee out there and had to come right back inside! I was cold all day yesterday, too, but that made for nice weather for digging in the garden.

It was a nice weekend off, but it's back to real life today and I already have my second load of laundry in the washer. At least there's leftovers in the fridge for Jake, so I won't have to cook supper. I came back from taking my mother to dinner yesterday to find Dustin, Andrea and the grandkids here with Andrea's mother, and they had picked up take-out food from Wegman's and were sitting around eating. Dustin brought me a piece of cheesecake from a renown bakery, and I had to have a few bites, but I put the rest in the fridge. I'm taking it to Cindy's with me today for the girls to share. They'll love it.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:36 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early coffee drinkers It's cold here but not as cold as predicted. Not even close to a frost so the little birds are happy.

Ruth - The Bulk Barn sounds like my kind of place. I was quite distressed last week when I realized I was out of dried garbanzos. Hope it warms up and you get outside today.

Cottage - Way to go with the cheesecake! I always loved good cheesecake. Luckily I haven't been around any in a very long time. Sounds like you had a lovely and relaxing weekend.

Sophie - what a beautiful shawl!

Jenne - You asked about my NY roots last week and I forgot to respond. I grew up outside of Utica, went to school & lived in Syracuse for awhile and moved to Vermont from the Albany area. Guess I've done the rounds of Central NY with a little upstate thrown in

Today is day one of the week long countdown to vacation We leave next Sunday for 3 days in Maine and I don't return to work until the day after Memorial Day. I am sooo looking forward to the break but have lots to do this week.

I planned my garden layout but still haven't planted a thing I am just so slow this year. Need to get moving on that too. I'm going to try to get to work earlier since I've been up early. That way I can leave earlier and maybe get a little done in the evening.

Our hummingbirds finally showed up this weekend! Our feeders are now busy with summer birds so I know it's coming
Old 05-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ouch, cold weather!
I have my air conditioner on. Decided to take the day off of work and get more stuff done around here since I was feeling so crummy this weekend. Have some chores and running around to get stuff to do and I had a couple of sick days left so I figured why not.

Woke up to find my son's best friend on the computer at 4...they have their last college finals this week and are racing the clock. I know it will be a relief to them. Apparently they pulled an all nighter. Ah, I remember those days!

Had a couple of cups of coffee and got the new herb garden watered and am ready to face the day. Did something yesterday I haven't done for 2 years....I ate some ice cream. It's all I wanted (actually I wanted a fudgesicle but we are out of them) so I grabbed my husband's strawberry ice cream...it felt wonderful on my throat going down. It was good, but not THAT good. But it did make my sore throat happy.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-11-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Looks like cooler weather here today along with more rain. We had 10 straight days of rain and then a break yesterday but today it is going to rain again. Its really dark and dreary out this morning making it hard for me to get motivated. Not too much planned here except for a few hours at work, taking my son for a hair cut and planning out my meals for the week. I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - I didn't realize til I looked at our desktop weather...it's only 40 here. But great sleeping weather!!

Cottage - I thought of making key lime cheesecake for mothers day, but didn't. A few bites is enough!

Cyndi - aaaaaahhhhh, vacation. We're waiting on the house thing to plan one. Gosh, I'm envious!

Cat - it's nice to see you dropping by again! Enjoy your day off!

Vicki - haircut for the DS - I need to do that too. Enjoy the day!

Me - Today's the first court date for the house! (yes, we're still trying...and it's .... maybe eight weeks later!?!?) Today is only to see if the courts will allow a change in lawyers. Hopefully, it will move fast after that. Yeesh, I wish it would be over!

I have a short day at work today (really short!), so I was thinking of going to a rails to trails my family went to yesterday, and doing a 7 mile run. Then I looked at the weather forecast...supposed to rain . We'll see though. It wasa great trail, and only about 30 minutes away! I love living in central PA...there's SO much to do!!

Have a great day!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #7  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Sorry to hear that it's cold today. I hope it doesn't put too much of a chill on your baby plants. Have fun at the Bulk Barn!

Cottage - Great job on the Cheesecake....particularly on a holiday. Keep it up!

Cyndi - Wow....sounds like your vacation is going to be lovely. Here's hoping your week flies by!

Cat - Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good. Hopefully your day off will help to get you feeling better.

Vicki - Have fun planning your menu for the week!

Twynn - Good to hear that things are at least one step forward in this whole house buying mess. You guys have been such troopers for the whole thing. Hang in there!

Me - Had a lovely time yesterday with my family. We went to a spa for the day and soaked in the sun, got a mud bath, and ate and drank way too much. Had a very rude awakening this morning on the scales. It is not a pretty picture. And I'm quite embarrassed But it's so much, that I've realized that if I don't stop making excuses I'm going to be back up to where I started. I had already planned to really work the program this week, but now I'm thoroughly motivated. This is NOT a loosing battle.....I can do this!

Have a great day, ladies!!!
BLESSINGS!!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Technically no frost here, Ruth, though it was cold enough. SO glad I didn't plant anything! We're planning on planting this weekend.

Glad you had a good Mother's Day, Cottage! Your kids knew just how to treat you--provide dinner so you don't have to cook! Bet the girls love the cheesecake!

Cyndi, I've felt lax in my planting too, but with the cold weather yesterday and today, I'm glad! See, procrastination has its rewards! I'm excited for your trip--take lots of pictures, okay? I think Maine is SOOOO beautiful! Love your idea of getting to work early...

Good to see you, Cat! When my throat is sore, I usually wish I could grab a popsicle and shove it down my throat! I had some mango sorbet (Haagen Dazs, no less! ) the last time I was off plan and had a sore throat. When I'm on plan, I make a lot of smoothies. Ahhhh!

Twynn, it depends on the kind of rain...you could still run. Maybe you need one of those umbrella hats! I love the rails to trails program!

Heather, you can totally do this! Just think of all the lovely parts of yesterday that didn't add any calories! They're the ones that really make you feel good, because there's no guilt afterwards! Here's some to help you on your way!

Me:
The sun is shining and, even though it's cold, the lilacs and lilly of the valley are blooming, so all's right with the world! I picked a ton of lily and put it in vases all over. It smells heady--such a perfect word to describe it! We have pink LotF and it's just darling!

Got a spa pedicure over the weekend with some girlfriends--neon purple, no less!--and really enjoyed the time away. Also did some weeding in the garden (me=27 mini maple trees=3) and cleaning in the house.

What's on your plate today?

Last edited by beachgal; 05-11-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Gonna be almost 70 here today, so I'll take it!!! It's been so cool here I can't stand it. The last two years, it's been chilly well into May and that irritates me. It should be 85 by now, but we're all looking forward to it being in the 70s!

It's SO nice to have the boys home. I slept almost all the way through the night (except for when Little Guy came in with a bad dream.) The last 2 nights without them here, I had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep, and I dreamed a lot, so I woke up feeling all bajiggity and nervous. I woke up feeling FINE today!!!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!!!!

Lisa
Old 05-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #10  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Happy Monday amd belated Happy Mother's Day.
I feel that an intervention is in order. My life is full of chaos these days and my fitness/diet is starting to reflect that. I have been slipping the last 2 weeks. Not planning and grabbing convinence/processed foods and it is starting to catch up with me. I have gained 2 lbs... not too bad, but heading in the wrong direction! Maybe it was the wake up I needed. I went cold turkey this morning, back to phase 1. I need to regain control. I have enough phase 1 foods to make it thru today, making a small list for a quick stop to the grocery store this evening.
My workout routine is all screwed up with my new job and I just don't have the drive or energy to complete the 5 mile runs anymore. I figured I'll focus on nutrition this week and hopefully add some fitness back in starting next week. Baby steps!
So, I have eaten my egg, mushroom and cheese omlete, drank my coffee with Splenda and I am fighting the urge to grab an Oreo!!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 05-11-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Ruth: I can't believe you have frost this morning; I was sweating when I walked out the door! I've been reading your posts about baking and it makes me want to bake as well! Now I just need an excuse!

Cottage: I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend off! Sounds like the family was there in full force to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! Stay warm.

Cyndi: DH and I are envious of your Maine trip. We really want to be able to go one day for a full week or two. I hope you get your garden in the ground soon; I'm sure you're hankering for home-grown produce! We sure are!

Cat: I hope you start feeling much better soon! I don't miss those all-nighters; they sure were a pain!

Vking: Have a great day!

Twynn: Geez louise! That house situation just stinks! I hope things start moving faster now. I hope the rain holds off and you get your run in!

Heather: I was dreading the scale yesterday after a pretty bad week. I finally stepped on after I realized that, no matter what I had gained, I wasn't going to gain back all the 30 lbs. I've lost so far. I'm back on track this morning and hope to have a great week as well.

Laurie: Sounds like your home is smelling lovely right now! I wish we had blooms to cut. Maybe I need to start a cutting garden. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Lisa: I'm glad you got a good night's sleep. Two nights in a row with bad sleep always makes my terribly cranky. I hope you have a great day!

Jenski: Sorry you're going through such a hard time with everything; I'm sure you'll get back on track. Once you get into the routine of your new job, I bet you'll have no trouble getting back on a losing trend. Take care and stay away from that Oreo!!

Me: Not much going on here. My back is much better, so I'm back to a light workout this evening. I didn't see a loss yesterday on the scale, so I'm still shooting for a 6-lb. loss by June 1. I know I can do it if I just stay on-track with my eating and stick to my workouts. Such a simple formula, so why is it so hard to stick to?! Lol!

This week promises to be rather mundane, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping to get out of a bit of a lazy streak and get back into my cleaning routines. My life is SO much easier when I keep up with them.

Well...it's time for my mid-morning snack and a check-in with boss-man. I hope everyone to come has a great day!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:28 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Ruth- It was a bit chilly this morning but not cold enough for frost. I hope you enjoy your day.

Cottage- Good for you only taking a couple of bites. Today they brought in a huge cake celebrating the promotions. I believe I will take a piece and just take it home for DH and DD2 as they will be the only ones home for dinner. I have no interest in it thank goodness.

Cyndi- I know the countdown is the hardest until you leave. DS and DD1 want to go to Maine to see where they were born, one of these days. It is a 3 day drive from here to where we just to live in Maine as it was only a few miles from Canadian border.

Cat- Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Viking- thanks for the reminder for haircuts I need to schedule some as well.

Twynn- Hope they will let you change lawyers so this will start moving faster.

Beachgal- How fun pedicures with friends- glad to hear you enjoyed your day.

Hmacneil- Good for you for realizing you need to get back on track.

Jenskihere- You just need to find a balance between your new routine and exercise- I tried those 5 minutes Tabatas and they kick butt you could try incorporating that for starters

Kim- Slow and steady wins the race.

As for me busy at work- nothing on the agenda for tonight but kinda of a busy week.

Have a great day everyone

Weezle- Glad to hear your boys are back and you are able to get some restful sleep
Old 05-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #13  

I'm exhausted this morning. My pager went off at 12:50 and I didn't get done working until 6:16 this morning which was already 15 minutes after my alarm had gone off. I wasn't even primary oncall until 8AM but the primary didn't show up right away. I'll just have to hope it stays quiet tonight so I can get some sleep. It's storming now so I'm hoping I don't lose electricty (although my team lead did say that if I do lose power I should try to take a nap)!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

Cold weather? Really??? I'm in Arizona.. It was over 100 degrees this weekend. I went on a 16 MILE hike with a friend over the weekend... OH MY GOD. I am STILL SO SORE!!!!! ouwie.. my butt and thighs are so achey. And then because of being outside all day Saturday.. I went into a full blown allergy attack by the end of the evening and was blowing my nose and sinus headache all day SUNDAY. Argh. oh well. Today is really nice out. Should hit over 100 degrees again today. Its so green and beautiful out. I just wish whatever is in bloom would stop, so then these allergies would go away. Got my iced coffee...this morning.. and it is soooo yummy!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi I'm here Jugglign Chainsaws will hope to make an actual post soon!
Closed Thread