Old 05-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Ugh, my body is weird.

The other day I bought the $15 capris from Oldnavy.com (huge 5, 10, 15 sale!) and they are a bit lose. I couldn't figure out if I should exchange them or not. I'm hoping to lose a few inches this month and don't want it falling off of me or too tight. I put them on again and thought while looking at the size charts. Evidently, my hips are a 3x (mind you, I only accidentally bought one thing in that size) but my waist and legs are a 2x. So, the shorts are good for my hips but falling off the rest of my body and the gauchos(whatever that is spelled like) are just rooooooooooooooomy. I decided I would keep them and just dart them when needed. I know weight loss won't help my hip problem much until a while because when I was 209, I still had hips of doom. It's also not like I hate them; I love wide hips. It's just annoying and they look odd at the worst times.

Other than that, I figured out that most of my grocery shopping was so expensive a few months ago because I had to buy dinners plus lunchbox-able lunches which included a ton of veggies. I think once I pile up on certain things I like to eat for snacks, it will go down from $150-100 to $70 or less. I'm planned some meals and found out that a good portion of my favorite exercise DVDs are gone. I have no clue where they are. It just makes me feel a hurting when I feel like doing something I like or what not. One of them are out of print, too and another was a netflix rental. I'm not even sure if I should replace some of them because I hardly used them/barely liked them. And what should I replace them with? I did decide to buy my favorite walk from Leslie again.

I weighed myself today and I think I will be very close to my 10% goal on Wednesday. I figure either this week or next week, I migggggght make it. I know on my personal scale, I weighed in at 234.9 which is .1 higher than my 10% but the WW scale weighs me a few pounds higher.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #2  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yup bodies are weird!! jeans are a nightmare to buy for me, so when i DO stumble across some, I buy 3 or 4 pairs!!! I always take the advice of Stacy&CLinton on 'What not to Wear' of "always dress the biggest part of you" and then tailor down. I've got a wicked sewing machine and hubby bought me a surger a few years back that just whips thru denim yay! SO, as you say, you can put darts in them -- if they're such a huge bargain, I'd keep them and put a bit of time into making them work for ya!

and yes, trying to save$$$ on groceries is on everyone's mind. I have to say I'm a big fan of the freezer! make a big batch (which is always cheaper) portion it out for instant control, and freeze 'em up! Also, I'm always on here saying "Wow I never batted an eye at an 8$ combo from Wendy's, WHY am I even debating the 99cents a pound bananas?????" LOL stupid bodies! stupid brains! heheheh

Last edited by Trazey34; 05-10-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #3  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I have the same problem with my hips. I am so wide, haha. I'm wearing size 16s right now, and my thighs/legs are baggy but the hips fit nicely. This happens with ALL my pants. It drives me crazy!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5"9

I don't think it's you- it's Old Navy. I have literally never found a pair of pants there that fit me right. One part is always baggy and another part way too tight, or they're really short or freakishly long... I'm not sure who they design their pants for, but it's not humans.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

My problem is similar. I have a waist that's out of proportion to my hips, thighs, and butt. Often times, pants will fit me fine in the hips and butt, but they'll be 2-3 inches too big in the waist. It's a pain.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #6  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
I don't think it's you- it's Old Navy. I have literally never found a pair of pants there that fit me right. One part is always baggy and another part way too tight, or they're really short or freakishly long... I'm not sure who they design their pants for, but it's not humans.
I've only bought a few things from them like a coat and a bathing suit. Their customer service was good though when I called them back to get a discount on the coat I ordered from them.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I wish I had some curvier hips! I've always wanted to be "buxom," and am straight as an arrow. Not one curve on me. About your dinners, what plan are you on? My friend did one with dinners and she hated the food. I tried to talk her into WW, just because you get a lot more creative freedom, which she explained was her whole problem in the first place, her "creative freedom." I think you sound beautiful and you sound like you are doing a great job.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #8  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspank View Post
I wish I had some curvier hips! I've always wanted to be "buxom," and am straight as an arrow. Not one curve on me. About your dinners, what plan are you on? My friend did one with dinners and she hated the food. I tried to talk her into WW, just because you get a lot more creative freedom, which she explained was her whole problem in the first place, her "creative freedom." I think you sound beautiful and you sound like you are doing a great job.
WW. I love using their recipes. I usually make them on the weekend and freeze them for later that week or lunch. I have just found that I have to plan my meals to be best. Tomorrow's plans are their version of sloppy joes which I love. I love WW because I can eat normal things. Most people wouldn't know I was on WW until I had a lazy week and took a lot of lean cuisines for lunch.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #9  
-.-K!M-.-

S/C/G: 258/253.4/145

Height: 5'4"

I have similar issues with clothing, too. Either the waist is too loose and the thighs too tight or vice versa - it's NEVER consistent. Here's to motivation!
ShutterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #10  
-.-K!M-.-

S/C/G: 258/253.4/145

Oh and good luck with your 10% goal -- that's awesome!
ShutterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #11  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Yup, teeny tiny waist compared to hips here too. I'm really good at putting in darts and elastic, and I have a very well used belt.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/248/160

Height: 5'11"

Ugh, I know your pain. I haven't lost that much really but I'm starting to have issues with my clothes. My size 20 jeans are starting to slide downward if I walk. A belt does help but it's not flattering. I'd love to wear an 18 but my thighs haven't lost as much as my waist/hips. Argh!

Not that buying pants or jeans was ever easy for me.

At a normal weight, I have an hourglass figure. Add in my height and it's a nightmare! I don't think I ever had a pair of pants that fit right. If I found a pair that fit my long legs then the waist was waaay to wide. If I found something that fit my waist, my hips were too wide or the legs too short. Jeans or pants that had a low waist were easier to fit but I hate those things- if I sit down my butt crack gets flashed to all and everyone.

Once I gained my weight I had an easier time of it. I tend to hold my weight on my thighs and hips so I've ended up slightly pear shaped. This seemed to make it easier to find stuff that fit waist and leg without going to a tall women's shop. Seems rather counter intuitive but it's true.

Heh, heh, fitting issues are something I am not looking forward to once I hit goal.

MN.
ManyNamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:51 AM   #13  
Hillbilly Woman

S/C/G: 280/150/165 (below goal)!

Height: 5'6

My body is weird too. I had a tummy tuck almost seven weeks ago and apparently I have a tiny waist but a huge ribcage. I have a semi hour glass shape now, but I have to buy my shirts bigger than my pants. I wear different sizes in different stores--sometimes even in the same store. My closet ranges from a 7 to a 12. I always have to try stuff on Congrats on all of your weight loss!
JenAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

No, your body is not weird! It's just like mine! Buying clothing can be very difficult sometimes. I'm also very short waisted, which doesn't help. I think the whole idea of using darts is a great solution.

Sorry about your exercise DVD's. What about looking on Amazon for some used ones that you liked?

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-11-2009 at 07:39 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:51 AM   #15  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyNamed View Post
Ugh, I know your pain. I haven't lost that much really but I'm starting to have issues with my clothes. My size 20 jeans are starting to slide downward if I walk. A belt does help but it's not flattering. I'd love to wear an 18 but my thighs haven't lost as much as my waist/hips. Argh!
That's my problem! I have to buy jeans to fit my booty, but the waist is too big, but the thighs are still sorta tight. I like the way I am shaped, just need the fat off..lol...I'm in a size 20 and I want to go down to an 18, but as ManyNamed has said, my thighs aren't having it...lol..Old Navy is strange too, some stuff is tight, some is loose, and most of it is too long for me. I HAVE to get the pants hemmed.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote