Old 05-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #1  
No Matter What!

S/C/G: 264/257/145

Default Cook Yourself Thin

Have any of you seen the new show on (I think Lifetime???) called Cook Yourself Thin? It started this past week and they have been showing two episodes back to back each day (so 10 episodes this week) and I am addicted. For some reason I can't get enough of this show. The basic premise is not new - take old, favorite, unhealthy recipes and revamp them to have less calories and healthier ingredients so you can enjoy the things you love. For some reason I watch this and these recipes look so good to me and I wonder why I didn't think of doing some of the things they do on my own. Not to mention, there are some tricks that I never would have thought of. I feel like I have all these new tools in my toolbox all of a sudden! I jumped on Amazon and ordered the cookbook after the first episode I saw. It should be here Monday and I hope it meets my expectations!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has seen this show and what your thoughts are. My husband thought that the show was decent and had good ideas but finds all the women too happy and bubbly. LOL
teensie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #2  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I haven't seen it yet but I hope to catch it soon! I might watch them a bit later (IF my kids would give me more than 5 mins to sit )...if you go to lifetime's website they have full episodes on there
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #3  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Dang! That sounds very interesting! Please report back on the cookbook if it turns out to be worth the investment and thanks for the heads-up on the show.

(Your husband is holding out for the emo version of a cooking show, where all the cooks are all angsty and dark and melodramatic? That would make an interesting twist --- but they could only air it at midnight.....)
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

@ Numina...you crack me up!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #5  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, I am just a cracked person and I love to share....
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #6  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I'm going to watch it online right now!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #7  
No Matter What!

S/C/G: 264/257/145

Great, let me know what you think!
teensie3 is offline   Reply With Quote