Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #1  

Default Need help getting through the day...

I have always loved baking but have tried to cut down since I have been losing weight. I decided to make sugar cookies today for my mom tomorrow, and they are my favorite! I chewed gum while making the dough, but even took it out and ate some dough. I need to make the cookies later. How do I make it through the day?? How do you guys do it? Help!!
Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #2  
Mel

Short answer- I don't bake any more And when I have to, I look at it as "not my food", or not food at all.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #3  
model wannabe

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 171 cms

how about imagining the number of minutes of hard workout you'll have to do later to burn them .Or the way you always say tomorows another day.You soon run out of tomorrows.
Sorry but for me linking junk food with bad negative thoughts works.
Good luck

Last edited by looloo86; 05-09-2009 at 12:11 PM.
looloo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #4  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Luckily I'm a horrible cook and I never bake, but when I do make meals for my children, I have to be cautious at not nibbling on whatever it is I'm cooking for them. I see all these images in my head of where I want to be and that is enough to keep me from nibbling whilst cooking.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #5  

Height: 5'11"

I don't do a lot of baking anymore because I'm living here alone and I don't need it. But when I do (fudge for Dad's birthday, cookies to send to son at college, pie for Easter), I get it out of the house as soon as possible. I calorie count what I eat (no matter how much), then I get it out of the house. The extra fudge went to Youth Group with a kid, the pie stayed at the hosts' house, and the extra cookies go to the break room at work. If it's here, I will eat it so I don't let it stay here.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

LOL, I gave up baking as well. If I want/need baked goods around, I buy exactly what I need. Warm baked goods are still an "issue" for me.

I don't give baked goods any more either. When I have to bake cookies for church coffee hour, I take fruit, or cheese, or another "healthier" alternative.

Same goes for gifts. I've replaced my usual baked goods with healthier alternatives.

I suggest you follow Mel's advice and declair them off limits. No exceptions!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #7  

Thanks all for the advice. So far, so good, besides the few bites of dough I had before I posted.
Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #8  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Shape the cookies and then freeze them? And if there are raw eggs in them, you shouldn't eat the dough anyways!

I personally don't care much for cookies and stuff like that, but I understand what temptation is like.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm with Mel. I was quite the baker. And without a doubt, baked good are the hardest things for me to resist. I needed to set myself up for success, totally and completely until I was fully transitioned into the person I was trying to become. The year I was losing, nope, couldn't do it. Foods that left me feeling powerless were not to be in my home - especially in the very beginning. I was not willing to take a chance.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote