Old 05-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #1  
Looking for a waist!

S/C/G: 263/248/163

Height: 5'9"

Default tip to avoid thigh chaffing now that it's hot again!

Hey everybody--

I thought I should share my secret to prevent chaffing! The days that I wear a skirt or shorts and don't use it, I am so miserable, so I thought I should prevent others from being miserable too.

So...I use this stuff called "Sport Shield"--you can get it at running stores (maybe even Sport Chalet?). It's a silicone-based roll on that I put on my inner thigh, you don't even have to use that much and a thing of it lasts me about a year (and I live in Los Angeles so I wear a lot of skirts!). In fact, don't apply it liberally because even a little bit works wonders and you can always reapply if you need more later.

I learned about it when I trained for the marathon several years ago. If you go looking for it and someone suggests "Body Glide" as a substitute, don't let them sway you. The Body Glide is to waxy for everyday use and isn't nearly as "gliding" as the Sport Shield.

I just googled it and apparently they have a "blister shield" too but it's a powder--you must try the roll on called Sport Shield! I can't post a link because I only have 17 posts, but if you google it, the website name is blistershield dot com and not sportshield.

Hope this helps at least one person who's looking for relief. I hate sticky, raw inner thighs. :|
elle w 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #2  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I use a product called coochy aftershave protection mist...not what it's intended for though lol Awesome against chaffing all day!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #3  
Looking for a waist!

S/C/G: 263/248/163

Height: 5'9"

haha--does it also work for the intended area post-shaving? Where do you get it?
elle w 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

My adoptive mom uses stick deodorant and gold bond powder between thighs and under the girls. Good luck!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks, elle! My dh who is a runner swears by any silicone-based barrier creme, often found in the baby section of the drug store to prevent diaper rash! Sounds like your solution is very similar.

I personally swear by spandex shorts under my skirts and pants. They don't get hot, and absolutely prevent chafing. Military folks often wear these under their combat pants because if you get a breathable spandex, you'll stay cool and dry and have NO chafing. Plus an extra -- your flabble is compressed so you don't feel so jiggly!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

This thread is GREAT! I never knew there was such stuff! I am going in the morning to find some! I detest the chafing and the pain with it. No more pain for me!!!!!!!!11
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #7  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I have to admit, I didn't even know they made such a product. Interesting! Thanks for the heads up.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #8  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Excellent ideas, I was thinking as I took a bath yesterday - it's that ultra cleaning, ultra drying, ultra protecting time of year again (although 35lbs lighter than the melting 3 months I had in Germany this time last year - and you try buing talcum powder in Germany, it ain't easy!)

Would the Sport Sheild (and the other suggestions) work under the flob? My thighs are ok, I always wear trousers, but under the girls under the flob - the crease above the fupa that makes the flab hang down, gawd, who said 'body beautiful'? - are my problem areas.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #9  
Happy Camper

S/C/G: 274/264/220 then re-eval

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
Excellent ideas, I was thinking as I took a bath yesterday - it's that ultra cleaning, ultra drying, ultra protecting time of year again (although 35lbs lighter than the melting 3 months I had in Germany this time last year - and you try buing talcum powder in Germany, it ain't easy!)

Would the Sport Sheild (and the other suggestions) work under the flob? My thighs are ok, I always wear trousers, but under the girls under the flob - the crease above the fupa that makes the flab hang down, gawd, who said 'body beautiful'? - are my problem areas.
I am soooo not laughing at you, i am laughing with you. Flob. Yup. I didn't know what it was called (all these years). The Flob.
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I've found that the Monistat soothing care chafing relief powder gel works well too. Its expensive for that tiny little tube, but worth it.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote