South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chick Chat

Happy FRIDAY! it's a gorgeous morning, and I just had to have my first cup of coffee outside on the patio. I had to stand up, though, as the chairs were wet.

I plan to get this house cleaned this morning before I head over to Cindy's in time to meet the school bus. If this sun holds up, we will definitely be spending the afternoon outside.

So what's on everyone's agenda for the day?
Old 05-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! The deck chairs are wet here too, Cottage, but I stood and sipped admiring my tulips in the dog yard. Hershey and Lucy used to eat them but the wee dogs just ignore them, probably because they are not eye level.

This morning I will take some plants over to the Hall for tomorrow's Garden Club sale and have to do some banking this afternoon in Portland. If it dries up enough outside and doesn't rain, I'll be plugging away at gardening.

Happy Friday to all!
Old 05-08-2009, 06:59 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday to you, too, Cottage.

We are waking before the crack of dawn to pile in the car and attend my Sister's graduation at University of Colorado. She is finishing her degree after 25 years, and I am next. I'm going to talk with someone later in the day to find out what classes I need in order to get the piece of paper. (we had a family tragedy all those years ago and neither one of us finished.) A great accomplishment for My Sis!

We're having lunch at Dushnabe Tea House in Boulder, then off for some shopping.

I really want to be vigilant about my food plan, so I looked at the menu last night to prepare.

I feel good today, and I'm bringing my bike along in case I can find a few minutes to pedal around.

We went to a plant sale last night at the Botanic Gardens in Denver and I bought all my garden starts. We have a very small plot(10x12) so I grow lots of cherry tomatoes(4 varieties this year). Additionally, I have 2 pumpkin plants,3 zucchini, 2 cucumber, cilantro and a curry plant. My Sis said they are hard to find-I'd never looked.

Well, have a great day everyone. Talk to you later!
Debbie

P.S. Good Morning Ruth. I wish I could come to your plant sale. Garden Club sales are the best!!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-08-2009 at 07:03 AM. Reason: adding PS
Old 05-08-2009, 07:00 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

I made coffee for everyone!!

This is my first coffee chat on this board...

I have a hard time getting up as early as I would like to so my new
challenge is to see how close to first I can be to the coffee time!!!

I want to start doing devotions in the morning so maybe this will help.

Get coffee / feed pets /say hi to SB friends /devotions ....
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...had to skip the gym this morning because I am sick, sick, sick....hopefully just a really bad sinus infection...every part of my face hurts. I'm going to go to school and give a couple of tests and leave as soon as possible.

Just wanted to tell everyone hey and congrads to Twynn for her one year anniversary.

I have a ton of company coming in for youngest son's college graduation next week....not a great time to get sick at all. I never go to the Dr., but may make an exception this time.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

This may be a few days late, but, to The Beach, Lexxis and nancy! What an exciting day for you, Lexxis! That is quite an accomplishment for you and your sister to pursue your degree after all these years. Congratulations to your sister!
nancy, thank you for the coffee, it's delicious! I do morning devotions, too. It's the best way to start the day.

Ruth, have a good day in your garden! If it's dry enough, maybe Maggie and I will pay a visit to the nursery and get the rest of our garden planted. We'll have to wait until Audrey gets home from school, though, since she'll feel left out if she can't help.

Morning, Cat! I'm sorry to hear that you are so sick, but I'm sending healing vibes your way so you'll feel better soon!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-08-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning and Happy Friday chickadees! I see we have newbies - welcome to Lexxis, nancy, and highlysung!
sounds like Ruth and cottage have a great gardening day planned.
Congrats to your sister Lexxis!
Good morning Nancy.
Sorry Cat, feel better soon.

In case any of you are wondering, I AM enjoying a delicious cup of bug juice, er I mean coffee this morning.
This week really took it out of me, it always amazes me how exhausted I am after sitting on my a@@ in the car for hours, then sitting on it some more in meetings. Today I am home and really tempted to goof off, but can't let that happen.
I keep looking at my calendar because there must be some mistake, but there is nothing written on this weekend. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate and we can get some yard work done, and put in the new vegetable beds. For Mother's Day I told the kids I want to go hiking at Cunningham Falls. And I really have to finish my niece's bridesmaid's dress (the wedding isn't that far away now), and alter DD's dance costumes - her dress rehearsal is next week.
Have a good one chicks!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Cottage glad you got to enjoy your coffee outside this morning,

Ruth- have fun gardening.

Lexxis- Congratulations to your sister that is wonderful

Nancy- I need to start adding morning devotionals in as well

Cat sorry to hear that you are hurting- the St. Louis area is terrible for allergies I take Advil sinus and allergy pills and they work wonders for sinus pressure

Schmoodle- Hope you get to do all the stuff you want to do around the house this weekend.

Today is wfh for me yeah! Though I have to go for a mammo this morning fun fun. Then who knows what- the kids have lots scheduled this weekend but nothing that really involves me. Okay off to walk DD2 to school, I love wfh days.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks I just returned from an early morning bird walk with DP. It's already lovely out there. If it holds I might just have to work on the hay field we call our lawn.

Cottage - I'll have to see how well the wireless works on the porch. Then I can drink my coffee and post

Ruth - I wish I could get to your plant sale!

Lexxiss - Congratulations to you and your sister! Great planning ahead for you weekend. Hope it's wonderful for all of you

Nancy - Thanks for the coffee. I definitely need another cup, my toes are damp from walking in the dew

Cat - Sorry to hear you are sick. Hopefully the Dr. can give you something to knock it out of your system in time for graduation.

Schmoodle - I'm ignoring all of your bug juice comments How nice to have a weekend with no plans! Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day gift.

I have the usual overly ambitious To Do list for the day so better get moving. It would be nice to put a dent in it so there is less for Sunday.
Okay, different plan - just heard from my Fun Fridays bud and we are heading out for a more serious exercise walk in a few. Ah well, I can do chores when it's raining

Enjoy the sunshine if you have it.

ETA - Hi Pearl! Hmm, a mammo does sound like work.

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-08-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Cottage: Our "yard" chairs were dry this morning (no deck yet ), but I was running late anyways and barely had time to run into the back and pat the dogs before heading to work. I hope you get all your cleaning done!

Ruth: I'm like Lexxiss and would love to go to your Garden Club sale. I hope you have a great day! Hey, have you foiled your little Houdini yet?

Lexxiss: I don't think we've "met" yet, so, "hi"! What a great day today is going to be for you! It's so hard to get back to school, even when there wasn't a tragedy that halted attendance, kudos to you and your sis for having the drive to go back!

Nancy: I don't think we've "met", either. Hi and welcome to the chat. Thanks for the coffee this morning, it was needed! I do my devotions before bed because I always seem to be running late in the morning. Have a great day!

Cat: What a bummer that you're sick right now. I hope your illness blows over in time for company. If not, you'll just have to hand over the reigns and get some rest!

Schmoodle: A blank weekend on the calendar?! Shocking! Enjoy every minute of it!

Pearl: Yuck, a mammo. I agree with Cyndi; that sounds like work to me! I hope it's over quickly and that you have a great remainder of the day!

Cyndi: How nice that the two of you got in an early morning bird walk! Good luck tackling the to-do list!

Me: Things are going well here. I overworked my back a bit on Wednesday, so was VERY uncomfortable at work yesterday. All I wanted to do was get home and sit on the couch all night. Well, Jason calls the office at 4:55 pm to tell me that one of our dear friends who has been working on his doctorate in Mexico was back in town and would be coming by the house!! Well, I was as cheerful as I could be on the phone, but was dreading it because the house was a MESS! Well, I got home, Jason said, sit on the couch and tell me what needs to be done. So, I ordered, he cleaned and the house is SPOTLESS, I mean MIL-ready!!! He also made dinner for us and cleaned up the kitchen!! After that, he tucked me into bed and let me relax until I dozed off. What a sweetie. And I didn't have to complain once!

Today will be a low-key day. The twinge in my back is still there and it tends to get progressively worse throughout the day, so I'm not planning on working out tonight, which is a bummer. Since the house is clean, I'll have nothing on the agenda tonight, so I'm just going to enjoy it and relax.

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 05-08-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I am heading to New York. I packed up a lot of SF and SBD snacks. I weighed in and only lost 4 pounds for the first week of Ph1 so I think I am going to just go on to Ph2 ... sad but true! That way I can pack some turkey roll-ups for dinner with yogurt in the car and we won't be tempted to stop for anything.

There will be plenty of walking in store for us as well so I will not be missing my wii fit. I think getting away will do my ego some good.

Happy weekend all!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

Thank God it's Friday ya'll. This week has been so stressful at work. And I've been kind of down because I haven't lost weight this week. (not enough fiber if you know what I mean.. haven't #2 in 2 days) So, I know its not ACCURATE..
Anyways.. I have a friend coming up from Phoenix tomorrow and we are going on an 8 mile hike tomorrow in Sedona and swimming and just having "nature time" I can't wait.. should life my spirits. FOR SURE. ALSO~ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL MOTHERS!!!!!!!!!
xoxo ~ Monica
Old 05-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

After work, I took off my clothes and hung them in the closet. Auston came into the closet and gave wrapped his arms around my leg, put his head on my hip and gave me a hug and said, "Mom, you have big, warm thighs."

<sigh>
Closed Thread