Old 05-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Default Need advice:

5 3. 165lbs. Would love to lose 30 lbs. Maybe even 40! Nursing a baby but not exclusively. Colored plans in the past but might be convinced to switch to numbered. Lites or no lites? Anyone have a preference for easier weight loss?

I read all of the threads back about numbered vs.. colored plans. I really just want input. Whatcha think???
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Almost..........I have never had god luck on the numbered plans......but that is my own personal experience. I think it is really hard to lose weight while BFing. I did it five times, and it seemed like the younger I was, the easier it was. I think high protein is important when nursing. That is what the LeLeche Leauge always recommended when I was nursing. They said to try to eat high protein snacks between meals. I also think the more nutrient packed the food is, the better........ie: berries, nuts, seeds, whole grains. I think it would be easiest to follow the red plan myself.......but if you are bored with this, I don't think there is anything wrong with trying a numbered plan. When doing so....keep in mind that 5 starches dos not really mean 5 pieces of lite bread........more like sweet potatos, squash, whole grains, etc. Also, I know it is really difficult to find time to exercise with a baby in the house, and some will tell you, "oh, just take the baby for a walk." I say, "NO." If you can find a way to go for a walk alone.........you will REALLY enjoy it If there is no other way, then of course, taking the baby for a walk is a good thing.......but from my experience, there is nothing more frustrating than getting all ready to go for a walk, finally getting yourself to do it, and then three blocks later, the baby is screaming her face off. It kind of ruins the whole release of endorphins the rest of us experience when we exercise How old is the baby now? Do keep up posted on what you decide to do. I am sure others will chime in soon
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I stopped nursing 5 weeks ago. When I started LAWL they only offered the number plans so I have never done a colored plan. My mom has though and she said she like the colored plans better however has lost more with the numbered as they are more limited in what you are allowed to have.

When I started I spoke personally with the LA nutritionist and she said as long as I was not sole source breastfeeding following the plan would actually benifit me and the baby just not to do takeoff while nursing.

Everyone is different and I know it is hard to see others loose at something that you could not get to work. I guess my advice is choose a plan and stick with it at least 6 weeks unless you gain.

I also agree with what Nicole said. choose wisely with your starch choices and your proteins that can make a huge difference.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Thanks for the input. I really think is all about getting the food plan in. It does work but one has to put the effort into organized eating and not just wing it. I know waters are essential...i just need to do it. I am ready for the fight!!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote