Old 05-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #1  
-.-K!M-.-

S/C/G: 258/253.4/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Tossing the Scale?

I'm pretty sure I need to do this. I hop on it whenever I pass it and then get wonky when it shows a higher number.

Tell me to throw it out, please!
ShutterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Hide that succer! Put it away somewhere you wont see it. Out of sight, out of mind. Weigh once a week or even once a month. Dont drive yourself nuts with it, believe me its very very very possible. Stay on plan and you'll see results once you do get it back out.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #3  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Well, you definitely shouldn't step on it when passing. I'm not a real believer in tossing the scale. However, if you want to then you'll have to pick another method to mark your progress. Some people use a tape measure, which I've never really found responsive enough. I can lose weight and have it come off weird places and not show up with measurements. Or measurements will change and my weight doesn't. I think both combined are a better indicator of progress.

Choose a time to weigh yourself. Most find it helpful to pick the same time of day (ie. in the morning after going to the bathroom). Step on the scale, record that number, and move on. I like daily weighing, but only because it shows changes in a realistic way. I can pretty much tell you when my period is coming as I'll put on weight for a few days, then it drops overnight. After a strenuous strength training session I can be up two pounds the next day. The daily weighing doesn't bother me as I also look at a longer trend period to see how it's going.

If you can't do the daily weighing without driving yourself crazy, do it once a week, or once a month.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #4  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Yeah, I obsess over it as well at times..hence me having to put it at the top of my closet out of sight.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/228/165

Height: 5'9"

i don't own one.

i use the medical grade one at the gym after sunday workouts.

your weight fluctuates all the time for a gazillion reasons. and the number is only one indication of health out of about seventy brazillion.

i know what i want to feel like, how i want to move, what i want to wear.

the number on the scale when i am and can do all (or most, or as i move closer to doing and being all and most) of those things is almost irrelevant.

isolde
stillclock is offline   Reply With Quote