Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default I had Feminine type surgery and now I'm craving, craving, craving????

I had the Novasure procedure Just this last Friday (for the fibroids I have) and while they were in there I had my tubes tied...but now i am craving everything I shouldn't be eating, chocolate in particular...I have been focusing on cheese, high fiber cereal and SF Yogurts and things but I am craving things like STEAK and EGGS and high fat sauces for my chicken...that sort of thing! Anyone have that response to female type surgeries???

Am breathing through it, I am on the list for Plastic Surgery but I have to get these last 13 lbs off first and I am on it in a big way!! It's hard enough that I can exercise for 2 weeks!

Suggestions, anyone??

Thanks for listening,

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I always say certain cravings mean your body is lacking in something. Take for me- when TOM comes around I HAVE to drink milk, if I don't I go nuts. The rest of the time I don't even LIKE milk...

I say grill up some steak and cook up some eggs, they are good protein sources- sounds like your body is craving some protein. An egg is only like 90 calories and steak you can get it lean so it's not too high in calories
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #3  
banned

I get chocolate cravings to beat the band around TOM. To solve this, I have a few of the dark chocolate Hershey Kisses. Dark chocolate is heart healthy in small amounts, so I'm pretty much being productive having a few pieces, satisfying cravings while doing my heart a favor too.
LAnneCarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Hey Ange, I've been wondering about you. Haven't seen you around much and was hoping things were going well. Man, can't help you with the craving thing. My "plumping" is gone and I just crave food period, so I'm no help. I'm with Beerab, fix up some steak and eggs. Not a lot, but just what you need for a serving and go for it. Not deep-fried steak and eggs, but broiled and poached!!! LOL!! I'm crossing my fingers for you on the next 13 pounds. Are you still with WW? What have you been doing anyway????
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'd get a sf choc pudding cup or maybe a good tasting protein shake
Eat a lot of protein anything Femininely invovled and I have cravings (heck the wind could blow and I crave)
Make sure you're getting enough Vities
Have you tried Evening of Primrose oil? its good for Hormonal stuff
Also anytime fem stuff changes Your bod has to adjust
Hugs
YOU CAN DO IT! and we're here to do it with you
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

Angela, honey. you've just had surgery and you need protein to heal. i'd say go with the protein craving, and PERHAPS the chocolate craving will decrease [maybe to the point that just a couple of bites of dark chocolate will make it go away]. Also, if it'll keep you away from WORSE things, and will help you eat your protein [chicken!] a tablespoon or two of a high-fat sauce won't hurt you.

congrats on the upcoming plastic surgery!!! i should have done it YEARS ago - but there hasn't been any time!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #7  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

thanks ladies!! I will have my steak for lunch and eggs for breakfast...I think you're right about the protein cravings causing the Chocolate cravings and will give that a shot.

Nancy, I have been playing! LOL I have been dating a gentleman that has been taking all my time. LOL He's wonderful as far as I know him...and I discovered Facebook! Too much fun...have been connecting with friends from High School...go figure! My 25th is coming up, I'm thinking about going! Those things are for showing how much better off you are then when you were in HS...and boy am I ever! That and an excuse to take my honey on a roadtrip...sounds like fun!

I am going to get this last 13 lbs off and have my PS...I hope anyway! hehe

Thanks everyone for chiming in!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

You get a man and then dumped us!! I feel so unloved!!! LOL!!! Good for you Ange! So what kind of plastics are you in line for? I'd like to draw all the skin up on top of my head and tie it all up in a big knot. I can imagine where my boobs would end up......probably one on each side of my head!!!! FACEBOOK!!!! I get so many invites and don't even know anything about it. If I start one more new thing on this computer, my DH will kill me! There just doesn't seem to be enough time left in the day to do all I want and need to do. I'm almost 19 months out and have enjoyed my life more in the past year than I did the last twenty. I'm getting ready to attack my insurance company again about my plastics. I'm trying to wait until fall to get this "alien head thingy" that is sticking out of my stomach (hernia). This is my third one and even if they would just do the abd. muscle tightening, I would be thrilled. Of course, if they could just take the hanging butt belly off I would be in heaven. Thank God for spandex, but it gets awfully hot in the summer. Are you in a new studio now? Are you still doing the art classes? How is your daughter doing?
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ang I'm on FB too!! love it!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #10  
banned

I have FB too but rarely on it. I should get on more often!
LAnneCarrington is offline   Reply With Quote