South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 AM   #1  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Default thirsty thursday

i'm sitting on the couch half asleep and being attacked by kittens as i type this. ok so its really not much of threat but they are cute, there about 3 1/2 weeks old now so there all over the living room while i'm getting ready for work. anyways the coffee is made and i'm about to head out the door.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:21 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the coffee, Me4. It's much appreciated this morning as I'm up way too early. I don't mind that on sunny days but today is the start of a rainy period.

Rather than be out puttering around in the garden, I'll be spending the day indoors catching up on house stuff. Donna who cleans for me is off with a badly broken ankle and it's about time I figured out how to run the vacuum cleaner. I'm also planning to get my front porch set up for the season with the wicker and flowery cushions. I might even move some of my houseplants out there although we can still get frosts around here until after the 20th.

Time for another coffee, breakfast and some list making. Better glug some water too since it's Thirsty Thursday!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmm, coffee! Thanks, me4life! It's much appreciated.

I was up early, too, getting the laundry started. I tried to check in here earlier, but my computer was having a hissy fit about being woke up so early.

Ruth, get those patio cushions all plumped up for me! Don't be surprised to find me sitting out there one of these mornings, but I promise to bring the coffee.

I'm pouring a second cup and contemplating how to spend this rainy, dreary day.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:45 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's definitely a serious coffee day - gray, rainy and slightly thundery.

Me - Thanks for getting us started! How is the job going? Kittens are so darned cute. that's how I end up with cats.

Ruth - Good luck with that vacuum cleaner! Our cleaning woman has a much better vacuum than we do. Unfortunately someone hired her away for 3 days a week so now she only comes by to take care of kitties when we are away.

Cottage - Could I hop a ride with you to Ruth's? I'll bring something beachy to snack on.

Just a normal day around here today.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning ladies!

me4 - who can pass up kittens? We have 4 cats...if it weren't for being married, I'd have more. . However, the threat of divorce keeps my urges at bay.

Ruth - your day doesn't sound as bad as yesterday!! Me, I'd choose not to clean. It'll be dirty tomorrow anyway .

Cottage - Enjoy the coffee!

Cyndi - Let me know when you want to have an asparagus party . You're not THAT far of a drive!

Me - Typical day for me too. We're having cake for Matt - he's pretty worn out. Tonight I'm making a big crockpot of french dip for teacher appreciation day tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a sane day!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kittens are so adorable! Good start to your day, Me4!

Sorry you're up early again, Ruth. Love your porch furniture! So, any chance of getting a new hoover?

Cottage, I'd be such a happy girl if I found you on my porch! : You have such a calming presence, I bet I could go off my anxiety meds if I spent all my time with you!

Cyndi, did you take your avatar photo? It's remarkable! I can't figure out what kind of birdie it is...

Twynn, it'd be as much of a drive for me, too! Say we all meet up in, oh, Saratoga Springs or something? I'd love an asparagus party! I thought ours would be ready for cutting this year, as it's the 3rd year when the sprouts are supposed to be up, but there's nothing. Guess I have to wait one more year...

Me:
Woke up happy for the first time in ages. Not sure if it's because it's my "Friday," because I got good sleep for a second night (in bed before 11:30, woo-hoo!), or because it's lovely and rainy out...my favorite kind of Spring weather! Anyways, I'm glad and hope it lasts a bit.

Today is normal--gym, make dinner, go to yoga (but this time DH will be with me...last week he went but the teacher was sick and not there, so no class...we're trying again), and then, maybe some tidying and organizing of our bedroom before getting to bed early again. Tomorrow I can sleep in.

I'm sorry so many people are having trouble waking up early. I've never had that issue, but when I did have insomnia problems, I went on a sleep med called Sonata for a couple months. It helped immensely in getting me back to a regular sleep pattern. I went off it once my sleeping was back to normal and I never needed it again, nor had any side effects or withdrawal symptoms. Hope you all find something that works to help you get the sleep you need. It is so important!

Last edited by beachgal; 05-07-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Ladies!

Me Kittens are so stinking cute! Our pup was on some kind of high this morning and wired as all get out. At one point I caught him pulling his best buddy (a cat) through the living room by his tail, needless to say the cat wasn't to happy!

Ruth At least your day today sounds like it is a stay at home day. Good for you!

Cottage hope you find something peaceful to do today.

Cyndi hope you have a good day.

Twynn Enjoy the cake but not too much of it.

As for me, I didn't have a perfect day 3 of P1, I had a cooking disaster to beat all last night that involved the grill, some chicken, and the smoke detectors in the house going off!! Oh yeah, burnt chicken that went beyond even being able to call it cajun! Needless to say all well intentioned plans went out the door! Oh well, today is a new day!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 05-07-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

me4life: Having kittens welcome you in the morning has to put a smile on your face! Thanks for the coffee and enjoy your day!

Ruth: I hope Donna is healing quickly. Good luck with the vacuum cleaner. I'm scrimping and scrounging to save up for a new one that will actually be able to handle our messy house. Enjoy the rainy season...we're still praying for some.

Cottage: Ugh, I can't imagine anything much worse than having to wake up and do laundry. I'm sure you did it with a smile, though! Hope you have a great day!

Cyndi: Enjoy your normal day!

Twynn: I'm very fortunate in that DH doesn't like sweets, so I don't have to try to avoid them for his birthday. He's really in heaven if I make him tacos and keep his beer coming. I have no trouble avoiding either one of those.

Laurie: Isn't it great to get a good night's sleep? My higher-intensity workout days really get me in a deep sleep. Enjoy your "Friday"!

Stephanie: What a hoot! At least you know your smoke detectors work! I'm sure you'll be back on plan today.

Me: We finally got all of those envelopes stuffed and ready to mail. They will be sent out on Friday so that property owners will have the weekend to stew. I'm sure we'll be fairly swamped with angry phone calls and visitors on Monday. It's a pain to be in the middle of a recession, per the news, but to not actually see it in home values here. I hope that this year's market dies down so that we can actually lower values next year.

I've been a bit lazy with the house work lately, so I'm going to try to get my cleaning routines back in place tonight. I think my problem is that I keep trying to catch up in one mad cleaning session rather than spreading it out. Tonight I'm going to stick to two chores and let it go.

Okay, off to work! It's probably going to be a quiet day, so I'm going to enjoy that while I can!!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi

I'm new to things here but wanted to post and say Hi. I am getting back on my program and am on starting day 2 of P1. Did fine yesterday until after dinner then took a little dive, but picked myself back up.
I will check in later but I need to head out. I'm riding my bike to the pool and back this morn. In between I'll do my water aerobics and H2Yoga classes.
Thanks for all your inspiration.
Debbie
Old 05-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I have craaaammmmmmpppppppssssssssssuh. WHINE. I HATE Day 1!!!! Owieeeeeee.....

Ok, that's enough. I have found a new addiction, ladies! Selling all my worldly possessions on eBay. My house is getting de-cluttered and it makes me happy. Hard part is figuring out what to sell everything for. Most of it I don't care about, but I have a ton of old, retired, like-new Beanie Babies and some websites say $$$$$ and then you look on eBay, and people won't even buy them at $3.99. I may just toss them all together and put a price on them and see if they sell.

Finishing up some laundry and dishes today, then have a 1:00 appointment. Better grab some breakfast and tea and get a move on my day. Hope everyone is well! Stay OP!

Lisa
Old 05-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

as I read everyones post.. I am drinking my iced coffee with splenda. LOVE COFFEE.. have a wonderful day ladies!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Me4life: That is a nice way to wake up in the morning

Ruth: I hope Donna will heal quickly so you don't have to vacuum too much, your porch sounds inviting.

Cottage: I was right there with you this morning, folding clothes and putting another load in the dryer before leaving for work.

Cyndi: Try to enjoy your day today.

Twynn: Try not to have too many pieces of your cake today.

Laurie: Glad to hear that you woke up in a good mood, may it last all day.

Stephanie: Sounds like quite the story last night. Today is a new day.

Kim: Hope you get everything cleaned up today.

Lexxis: Welcome to the beach, enjoy your day.

Lisa: Hope you feel better soon. I went through a spell where I was selling all kinds of things on Ebay- got addicted to selling lol. If my husband would let me- all of his comic books and baseball cards n sports stuff would be gone too- then we would have so much more room hehe.

As for me- I am work today- have to work through lunch so no walk but I will fit in a workout tonight. I need to make an appointment for DD2 she is having the worst time with chronic constipation has had for several years now and the poor thing is only 6. I have adjusted her food to include lots of veggies and high fiber but still ongoing. But enough is enough so we are getting her checked out for other issues that could be causing. I have been avoiding because she has been hospitalized twice for bile duct obstructions when she was 3 and 4. Good news is today is day 13 of a clean phase 1.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4life View Post
i'm sitting on the couch half asleep and being attacked by kittens as i type this. ok so its really not much of threat but they are cute, there about 3 1/2 weeks old now so there all over the living room while i'm getting ready for work. anyways the coffee is made and i'm about to head out the door.
aww, i love kittens, they are so cute, i have one myself
Old 05-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #14  

Hi Folks:
Well, as I signed in i noticed that the last time I signed in was April of 2006! I haven't been active at all since I became pregnant with my daughter who is now 4+ years old. It's neat to see some of the same people here and very cool how my mom has become so active here (yes, I'll take the credit for getting her into the site) Hi Mom!!

Just thought I'd say a quick hi! I have a friend who just started South Beach and I wanted to show her this forum. She's a sweetie and has lost 25 pounds already!

Anyway, I'm thinking about starting up again and maybe I'll check in again someday!

*hugs* all around!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #15  

Wow - my signature is totally out of date! and I don't even know how to fix it anymore. Help, Mom!!
Closed Thread