View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #12
ronni62
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, Friends! So sorry it's been so long since I've been here. I just seem to be unable to keep up with everything I need to keep up with. I've read all the postings, though. There seems to be a theme with fatigue. I've been very tired lately as well and my MS symptoms don't seem to be resolving as they usually have, in fact, some have gotten worse in the last few weeks. Is there any seasonal connection with fatigue? I've wondered if some of the fatigue was due to our excessively long winter this year. But, my numbness and stabbing pains have become more frequent in the last couple weeks and I've had food stick in my throat much more frequently than during what had been normal for my "attacks". Oh, well, just more to get used to, I guess.

Rosebud-some of your posts brought tears to my eyes. I hope you are feeling better emotionally about your situation. It's always hard to come to terms with limitations. I've had some teary days myself since getting the final diagnosis. I also hope your DH is feeling better. Those back pains are hard to deal with. My own DH hurt his back again playing baseball with the boys and has had to take off a couple days of work, as he couldn't bend at all. He went to a chiropractor and it seems to be helping some.

Purple-I also had to laugh about your hair issues because it's such a familiar scenario to me. Mine's short, but that just seems to make it stand up worse when it misbehaves! Having your DH working at your MS center probably helps him immeasurably in understanding what you go through and in knowing how to give you support. My DH is still at the "ignore it and maybe it'll go away" stage, but I'm hopeful he'll come around. I have really liked some of your ideas on reducing sugar in what we bake. I'm going to have to try to modify some of my recipes for baked goods, so we can enjoy them more often. Right now, I really only bake sweets for holidays, but DH misses his muffins, etc. He can't seem to finish a meal without eating something sweet for dessert, like Oreos or some other cookie or candy bar. I have to pack his lunch with a nice variety of fruit and sweet things or he thinks he won't make it through the day

Val-I hope the meds help your fatigue. I've not ever thought of asking the doc for any kind of med, as I seem to get a lot of negative side effects from any med, even just OTC stuff. I wish I was like you in the losing of weight when things act up category, but I'm just the opposite. I've had a bad few weeks here with going down 1, up 2, down 3, up 2 and on and on. It always seems that the worse I feel the more I want to eat, which is bad, bad, bad! But, good job on 6 pounds gone!

Well, hope you all have a great day! Take good care of yourselves and enjoy whatever spring is bringing at the moment, because it's sure to change without much notice! Hugs to all

3/10/14 Started Atkins @ 199 pounds.
7/18/12 became wheat- and dairy-free @ 235 pounds
Highest weight ever: 260