Old 05-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default Saying ADIOS to 70 lbs MAY THREAD

If you need to catch up then feel free to hop over to April and see what's new with us!!!

How is the weekend going for everyone?
I haven't touched the scale - but I feel okay.
I realize I am still the largest in the group, but that's okay.
My intersticial cystitis just kicked my butt the last week and now I'm forced to looking very seriously at food choices, not just for weight loss but to avoid the things that trigger my other problems.

Has anyone heard of AcidAlkalineDiet ? Someone told me it would be good for me?
Well, we have company in town -- gotta run,
have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 05-02-2009 at 04:04 PM.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #2  
I can do it !!!!

vogue09 -

Please join us on our journey to lose 70 pounds!!!
Many have joined but sadly it looks like there are just 3 of us left!
Keep us posted on your success and let us know your diet plan, exercise plan, etc. etc.
We're here for each other and it's a great group!!!

Fat Pants - that's awesome that you can actually RUN.
I'm not there yet!!!! And since my bladder infection issues I haven't been on my Wii Fit, but I am eating much better.
I realize I'm taking the baby steps - but it's okay. Since Easter I think I've done pretty good - and that's a long time for me.
I still have 5.9 pounds to reach my own personal goal on May 23....here's hoping I can do that much!!!

TTFN

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 05-02-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #3  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

2BThin - you can TOTALLY reach your goal by May 23! You're so close!!!

May is going to be TOUGH!!! We have so many holidays and birthdays (including mine!), my parents may be coming to visit, etc... I think every weekend is filled and it's just the beginning! I am going to need some extra "stay on plan" juju this weekend. We are celebrating my birthday along with mother's day with my in-laws, and they've already got a Mother's Day brunch lined up on Sunday. Saturday we are going to a baseball game... pretzels, beer, nachos... oh my!

I gave myself three days of rest and will be back running this afternoon. The weather is supposed to be FANTASTIC this week! It was cold and rainy all weekend..yuck. Speaking of weekends, mine did not turn out so great. DH was supposed to go backpacking, but the weather wasn't ideal so they decided to go another weekend. Well that resulted in his backpacking buddies coming over for pizza on Friday. Then, DH came down with a cold (or allergies?) and wanted comfort food (and comfort candy, apparently!). Blah. Total bust for a healthy weekend. But today I'm back on track. I NEED to hit 186 this week in order to stay on track for my Mexico goal.

Have a great start to the week, everyone!!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/169/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone.. hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather.. we spent the whole weekend doing work in the garden. My weigh in today is at 185.4lbs. Down from last week, but up from earlier in the week.

Still.. I guess I should be happy I lost 1.6lbs for the week.

2Bthinagain, I haven't heard of the AcidAkalineDiet.. but I'm sure you can totally reach your goal for May. There is lots of time left

FatPants, that sucks about your husbands friends coming over for pizza, when you probably were totally looking forward to a weekend to yourself.. I love my alone time.. maybe because I get it so rarely.
paperSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #5  
Crazy runner

paperskin - yeah, I was looking forward to some alone time and having everyone over was just a bit opposite of my plans, but after Friday night it ended up being a pretty restful weekend, which is what I needed. I slept a lot... I think between going to work at 6am and running around trying to fit in exercise and other activities during the week makes me plain exhausted on the weekends. We have a lot of family stuff coming up too so I wish I had had the alone time to recharge, but oh well. I am running the 5k alone today so I'll have my alone time then, I guess!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #6  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Hey guys! I finally found this May thread!

Well I am 18, 5'6, I was 202, I am now stuck around 195. I am down 2 lbs from last week, but thats discouraging for some reason. I'm being dumb and want faster weight loss. I have been working my butt off everyday too.

I am seeing results I think though. I think I look more toned and I know my belly doesn't have such a huge muffin top anymore so that should be encouraging.

I have like 76 lbs to lose. Well about 69 now.
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #7  
I can do it !!!!

Vogue09 - you can do it...we'll be here to help you along your way.
I'm the chubby one in our little club.
I am pretty much at my highest weight ever. I have yo-yo'd since my kids were born, and every time 5 more pounds creep on it is harder and harder to take off...I was up to 230 I think around Easter - then lost 5 and still want to lose 5 more before Memorial Day weekend - I'm going for 10 pounds a month but it is taking FOREVER....they say slow is best.
It just kills me that I'm drowning in water and lose 2 lbs, then the next day there is a 3 pound gain. It makes me want to throw it out the window.
Still recovering from a sickness so not much exercise for me, although all this talk about pretty weather I do think I'll get outside with my kids shortly.
And tomorrow we're going to one of those places with the bouncy things - the kids make it look fun but it's hard!

PAPERSKIN - congrats on your 1.6 loss! Woo hoo, you are on track!

Fat pants - weekends like that are going to happen now and then - work as hard as you have been and you'll survive Mothers Day too! Happy ALMOST birthday to you!!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #8  

2Bthinagain, I didn't have values for you for this week so please let me know your current weight and loss for the week and I can update your numbers on the table.

Last edited by paperSkin; 05-05-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #9  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

thanks so much!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #10  
Crazy runner

Happy mid-week check in, everyone!

Vogue, I understand the weight wanting to come off fast. There's a funny thing about that, though.... I am never "perfectly" on plan with my eating, and I notice that (in the past) when I have dropped weight quickly, and then eat out one night, I gain the weight back quickly. Combined with exercise and a slower but steady weight loss, I find that my mishaps and mess-ups are a lot more forgiving and come off a lot faster that way. So it's worth it to take it slow!

For instance, last weekend was a bad weekend eating-wise. Previously it would have taken me an entire week to work off the damage I did in just a day. Now it takes me two days, tops, and I still end up with a loss for the week.

I mentioned this on my blog, but there is this cool site http://www.fridgegraph.com (it's free) that let's you plot your weigh-ins on a graph. I did something similar to this in my own spreadsheets, but this is pretty darn cool. Paperskin and I signed up a few days ago... it's fun! My username on there is 2fat4myjeans if anyone wants to add me.

This week is going well, down to 188.0 this morning so I still have a chance at seeing 186s by Saturday's weigh in. I came down with DH's cold but I seem to be keeping the worst of it at bay (knock on wood!)

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #11  

I think I might move my weigh in day to Saturday. I find that I'm getting so frustrated with the weekend damage and then it takes so long to get rid of it, that by weighing in earlier I can own the lower numbers I see and maybe it will motivate me to keep them off.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #12  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

sorry i havent been around! be back later
Old 05-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #13  
Crazy runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperSkin View Post
I think I might move my weigh in day to Saturday. I find that I'm getting so frustrated with the weekend damage and then it takes so long to get rid of it, that by weighing in earlier I can own the lower numbers I see and maybe it will motivate me to keep them off.
Hehe that's why I have my weigh ins on Fridays or Saturdays. They are typically the lowest days for me.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #14  
I can do it !!!!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
This is the end of week 3 for me with no coke in the morning and I'm sooo tired and moving slow.
I haven't been back on the Wii Fit since my intersticial cystitis flare up but I plan to attempt it today.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #15  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

its been a bad week. TOM, plus working 10 hours a day standing on my feet, from 5am-2 or 3 pm so I dont have the energy to exerscise. My feet pulsate and are screaming as soon as I sit or stand so its so hard to get to workout.