Old 05-04-2009, 02:09 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 4 - 10 May

Gosh we're tearing through the weeks, aren't we? Scary!

Cold start to the day today - -3 Celsius. Because I was out early, I beat the frost on the way to the gym, but on the way to work I wasn't so lucky. It was quite bizarre seeing frozen cars all the way to work. And they're picking another cold one tonight, but at least we get a nice day if we have a cold night.

Anyway, the gym workout was OK. Weights today and I inadvertantly picked up the wrong weight for one exercise and naturally it was the one that was heavier. I was wondering why it was so much harder! Still I got through the sets without a problem, so maybe it's time to increase the weights a bit.

Work was work. Nothing spectacular happened. I'm playing a bit of a waiting game, waiting to hear about the police job and since I've never been particularly patient... In the email I got they said they'd get in touch by the 8th, which is Friday. I've decided that I'll call them if I haven't heard from them by Wednesday of next week - does that sound OK?

I've been thinking about things, and I'm ready for a change. I really am. There's nobody to blame but myself for not getting the job last time - I basically let myself get intimidated by the other people at the group interview. They all did things like volunteer ambulance officer and volunteer fire fighter and here I am thinking that I just work in a call centre! So I kept very quiet during the group exercise we did and that's what counted against me - I nailed everything else. That's not going to happen this time.

MJ, go you with getting back on track!

Diane, I don't envy you dealing with a teenage girl, given all the neuroses and hang ups... Is it worth suggesting subtly that she come with the gym with you occasionally for some girly time? Perhaps not every time you go, but once a week or something...

Everyone else, hi! Hope everything's going well!

Have fun!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #2  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! My cough is almost gone....YIPPEE!!! I AM going to the gym tonight right after work. I am really looking forward to it (did I just say that? LOL!!)

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

Today was my official weigh-in day and I'm down 2.4 pounds. That's two weeks in a row with a loss. I'm on a roll!: One thing that is kinda funny...I didn't remember my last weigh-in number correctly, so all week I thought I'd only lost 1 pound instead of two. It was a nice surprise when I updated my ticker this morning.

Nicole - I've never had a group interview. That does sound interesting. I'm glad to hear that you'll be going into the next interviews with more faith in yourself.

MJ - Yay! The evil cough is gone. Enjoy your workout.

Today is a 1400 calorie day

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, ww toast and Chocolate Silk Soymilk
Snack - Tangelo and cheese stick
Lunch - Lean Cuisine
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Sauteed yellow squash and onions over ww spaghetti with parmesan
Snack - Weight Watcher's Key Lime Pie

Have a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-04-2009 at 08:40 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - I've had such a busy weekend. This week on Wed. we are going to visit our DS, DIL and GS. DH starts his new job on May 11 - so we want to take some time to see them before hand.

Today -
write down food
stretches
lots of water
meditation

Nicolen - burr - cold!! It's nice to know how to improve from one interview to the next. Good job on upping your weights...even if it was an accident

Mj - so glad you are feeling better.

Rhonda - great job on losing two weeks in a row!! YAY

Have a great on plan day, everyone.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #5  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Today was a typical workday, nothing particularly special happened. I was thinking of giving myself a rest day from all the work I've been doing over the weekend, and since my body is kind of tired. Lo and behold, I checked my schedule for the rest of the week...

The next possible time for me to go for a run is on Saturday/Sunday morning. I have my freelance jobs due this week, I have a few errands to run and I have a meeting with a wedding photographer (with a high chance of employment). So it's going to be difficult to get in workouts from now till then.

So I screwed my body and went for a run today, albeit a slow and short one. But it's going to be better than nothing!

Food wise: A blueberry stuffed bun, an egg and cheese wholemeal sandwich, a peanut butter sandwich... OJ and two cups of tea. and I think I had a snack somewhere in the day that I forgot about. I had some empty calories though, today. My colleague was handing out sweets and I had half a packet, which is about 100 kcal.

Shucks. And they didn't even taste that great. Well, maybe the purple ones did, but that's about it.

Nicole- Group interviews are seriously pressurizing! And yay for being able to do heavier weights. Improvement is always a good thing!

Diane- Entice her with male attention... lol! That always did it for me!

MJ- Great to hear you're getting better

Rhonda- Wow, congrats on the lost! Updating the ticker (in the right direction) always calls for a celebration!

Beverly Joy- Update us on how the new job goes! It's such a blessing to be employed at this time.

Everyone else- Hope your day is just swell!

Last edited by lixximajig; 05-04-2009 at 09:47 AM.
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Here we are at Monday again. Oh boy. I didn't lose anything this week, so that was a bit of a bummer. But, I had two good weeks in a row, so I'm thinking that maybe this is a catch up week. Hope for some loss next week. I'll have to stay vigilent this week to make sure I have a loss next week.

Rhonda: Congrats on 2 weeks in a row! Good for you!

Lixxi: Sounds like a busy week for you. Hang in there!

Beverly: Glad you can spend some time with family. Happy times!

Nicolen: I understand what you say about change. I hope you get some good opportunities with the job situation.

MJ: Glad the cough is going away.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #7  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

It's Monday made worse by the dreary weather!!!! When will the sunshine come back?

MJ glad your feeling better!

Everyone else, keep up the good work! Everytime I read your posts you motivate me to be losers, just like you!!!!!

This week
10 carbs a day
64 oz water
1 hour of walking a day
Win the lottery and share with the 3FC gals!!!!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #8  
mj5

I went to the gym!!!! I feel so good! Must remember this feeling!!!

Of course my knee is sore (nothing new there), so I am going to hit the recliner w/ an icepack, but I went and I did my planned workout!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:35 AM   #9  
Nicole

So that was Tuesday. It's been a bit of a messy day and I'm pleased it's over and done with. Nothing horrible happened - it was just messy.

I didn't sleep too well last night - the cat ended up sleeping on the bed and unfortunately he likes to stretch out and push me into the corner of the bed. He's going to be outside tonight. So I made it to the gym and had an OK workout - wouldn't call it fantastic, but it wasn't too bad. I went to work and was in meetings all day - I'm a union delegate and it was our annual meeting day. There's a few issues brewing at work, thanks to some creative reading of the collective. Added to that, the collective is due to expire at the end of the year so it's time to start finding out what people want included in the new collective. It's a busy time for us.

Tomorrow - no gym workout, but I'll try and get some walking in.

MJ, yay, no cough! And good for you in getting to the gym!

Rhonda, go you! You're rocking the weight loss at the moment.

Beverly, good thinking in catching up with the family before your hubby starts the new job. Have a fantastic visit!

Lixxi, I hope the photographer meeting works out for you!

Diane, the weight loss will catch up with you. Just be patient - you're doing everything right!

Seashell, fantastic to see you around.

Right, I must go and organise the recycling and get it out.

Enjoy your day, everyone!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:37 AM   #10  
mj5

Good morning! Well, it seems I got a little ahead of myself w/ the promotion info. It WILL happen, just not as quickly as I thought. It will be closer to the time when we reconfigure our new program, which is ok. I have seen the new staffing pattern and "my" new title is included on it, so that makes me feel better...not as good as if I had the new title AND the raise now, but I can be patient.....

nicolen--Good luck w/ the whole interview process! Hope you were able to get some sleep. Our dogs sleep w/ us and they are total bed hogs! Luckily, they can be moved pretty easily!

Rhonda--Another loss, that is awesome! Great job!

Beverlyjoy--Have a fantastic visit, I know you will!!!

lixx--Busy, Busy, Busy....good for you for getting a run in when you can!

Diane--Keep at it, you will see another loss again, very soon, I know it!

seashell--Hi!!! Sounds like you are doing well!

In a couple of weeks we are going to a friends wedding. I had hoped to have dropped more weight by now, just a personal goal--not for any other reason. It's ok, though. I have a great dress, we are going to stay at a hotel for two nights--so a mini vacation for dh and I! I have a hair appt soon and I am going to treat myself to a mani/pedi right before the wedding.

Ok, I really need to get ready for work. Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:42 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

I'm dragging a little today. I didn't sleep very well. You know those nights where you do the same thing over and over again? Yep, last night was one of those.

Beverly - you must be so excited to see your GS again.
Lixxi - Congratulations for making exercise a priority!
Diane - scales are fickle, huh? Good job in not letting them control you.
Seashell - You are a loser like us.
Nicole - Wow. Work and the union are keeping you busy. Hope you find some time for yourself.
MJ- I bet you will look wonderful for the wedding! As you probably remember, I telecommute from home. I've never met my boss or my co-workers. Well, in June, I'll be flying to NC for a client meeting where I'll meet my boss and a couple of co-workers in person. I'm trying to lose as much as possible before then, but I've got a long way to go.

Today will be a busy day for me. I've been loaned out to another department. It will be a nice change of pace, but will challenge my mind as those skills are rusty.

Today is a 1400 calorie day
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, ww toast and a cup of light vanilla soymilk
Snack - Tangelo and cheese stick
Lunch - Lean Cuisine
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Sauteed yellow squash with onions over ww spaghetti
Snack - Weight Watcher's Key Lime pie.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I have to admit that not losing anything last week put me in a little funk yesterday. But I woke up (finally) today and was able to get a little perspective and had a good workout. I slept too long, so I didn't get everything in for the workout, but worked the elliptical. Going backwards on that thing is really tough and has added that extra degree of difficulty. It made me really sweat! Tomorrow is just weights and that usually kicks my butt, too, so that will be good.

We had a going away breakfast today at work for the people in the downstairs offices. They are moving to a different building. Why does everything festive have to involve food? One of my coworkers is doing WW, and she was lamenting as much as I was. Egg casseroles, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls... luckily, there was also some fruit. I did ok... not great, but ok.

Rhonda: Hope you get some sleep tonight!

MJ: Waiting is hard, but you will be rewarded! Glad things are still plugging along for you!

Seashell: I'm like you... waiting for summer and sun!

Nicolen: Our cats sleep on our bed, too. It makes me crazy that I don't just kick them out of the way, but I will move over for them every time. I don't plan it that way, but I do it.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #13  
mj5

Hi again! So I called the ortho and I have an appt for next week. According to some paperwork I received from my lawyer, I have to have an appt and he needs to fill out some more paperwork--this has NOTHING to do w/ the surgery, just more hoops I have to jump through. The good news is, I can make sure things are moving the the right direction for the surgery approval....

Rhonda--Oh no, I hope you get some sleep tonight! I remembered that you telecommute and that you had a meeting coming up. You are going to look fantastic!

Diane--Yea for breaking out of your funk. You ROCK....going backwards on the elliptical is SO hard!!! I know, why does work stuff revolve around food? A lot of my family stuff does too...ugh.

I am getting ready to head to the gym.

We are having whole wheat pasta for dinner tonight (one of my favorites), BUT I am NOT making garlic bread....I would love to, but I cannot limit myself to just a slice, so it's best that I just don't make it.

Today I made an appt for mani/pedi as a *treat* to me before my friends wedding. I can't wait!!!! I also have a hair appt in a couple weeks. Ooh, that reminds me, dh probably needs a haircut before the wedding too...geez, all this preparation and it's not even our wedding! LOL!!!

Have a great OP evening everyone!!!! I need to catch up my 'reward' calendar tonight. I want to see how close I am to earning my sweater....I want to wear it!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:04 AM   #14  
Nicole

Hey everyone!

Winter is once again making its presence known - very cold, wet and windy all day and snow to low levels this weekend. Sounds like the perfect excuse to cuddle up on the couch with a few good DVDs - that's after I go to the gym, of course. Well, maybe...

No exercise today - it's been an effort getting to work and back without getting soaked, so tomorrow I'm going to have to work extra hard at the gym.

MJ, I know it's a pain to wait, but at least you know the title is yours! That's gotta feel good.

Rhonda, yep, know those days. How did you get on with the different job yesterday?

Diane, yeah, why is it that every celebration or special event in the office revolves around food. My team are having a morning tea on Friday for the team of newbies that sit next to us - I'm bringing vege sticks and hummus, so at least there'll be something lo cal there. The others won't like it, but I don't care.

Everyone else, hi there!

Enjoy your day, ladies.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - I'll be gone until Mother's Day. I will try to make sane healthful choices, do my stretches, meditate and think positive. DH starts his new job on Monday.

I can't wait to see my GS!

Nicolen - build a snowman!!

MJ - sorry you're having to wait for your promotion - and wait for all that silly paperwork for your knee. Ice, ice!

Slash - hope your breakfast meeting went well. Good job on the elliptical.

Rhonda - hope your slept better last night! Good plan.

Everyone have a GREAT week!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-06-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote