South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

Default First time on the Beach!

Hi everyone! My name's Jessica and I thought I would jump in here and introduce myself. I'm on day one of the SBD and doing good!

My background: Probably like a lot of you, I've tried A LOT of diets and was back to counting calories and working out. The problem was I was gaining weight, so my doctor recommended SB. I was a little worried about the low carb diets. I was at a PCOS message board and someone mentioned this website. After coming here and reading the boards nonstop for the last few days, I realized that what I had been missing is a support system and that I could actually do this!

I've been keeping a food journal for the last few months and the biggest surprises to me today were I kept wanting to count calories (habit) and I never realized how MANY carbs I ate in a day, it was crazy! I'm nervous about how I'm going to feel in the next few days, but so far so good!

Can you tell I like to write, I don't stop talking lol. I'm really looking forward to taking this journey with all of you and thank you for the support you've already given me through this message board!
SmilesIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Jessica!

We are here for you. There is a lot of important information on the site (like recipes!) so please take a look around! 3FC has a blog site you can use as well to track your meals and recipes (I just started mine so I wasn't bombarding the girls here, lol).

Welcome and hope to see you around and posting!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome from a fellow Iowan. What part of the state are you from? I love South Beach. It's the best plan I've ever been on. I owe this site for all the success I've had with it.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Jessica! Make sure you check out our FAQ and recipes section of our forum, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Everyone here is friendly and eager to help you stay motivated and on track. Good luck, and we look forward to getting to know you!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #5  

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm excited to get to know everyone and I already made the egg quiche thing in the oven for breakfast. I think having all the recipes will help with the boredom that happens to me on diets!

I'm from Cedar Rapids. Where are you at murphmitch?

Last edited by SmilesIowa; 05-04-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW: 207/CW: 202/GW: 177

Height: 5'4"

Hi Smiles! Welcome. I have been on South Beach for 3 weeks now - the recipes are awesome and knowing others share your feelings and frustrations and triumphs is equally awesome! Good Luck!
losin it for good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I'm in the Des Moines area Smiles. So glad you've joined us.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #8  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 145/145/135

Height: 5'3

Hi Welcome! I am a new Beacher too! P1 D2 for me! Doing good so far Glad to have lots of new buddies on here!
StarbucksJunkie528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Smiles! This is a great support system. I credit 3FC (along with SBD, exercise, and finally learning to like veggies) with the reason why this finally worked for me after years of trying diet after diet.

My doctor recommended SBD to me, too! It's such a healthy way of eating. Remember, it's NOT a low carb plan--it's a good carbs/good fats plan. Combine those with lean protein and lots of fiber and you have a plan for health and weightloss.

I used to eat so much simple sugars/carbs that it's unbelievable. I couldn't understand why I was always hungry. After reading the book, I finally understood. Make sure you read the book before starting--it's essential--and check out the FAQ for lots of good info. The Recipe Forum has tons of great things to make and eat.

Glad to have you with us!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #10  

Thanks for more welcomes, this place has really helped me today when I felt down or started thinking about carbs! I also did my beach bio if you want to learn more about me!