Old 04-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile 214 Bale of Turtles Doing Great!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #2  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Just a reminder I started a new thread because we were getting long. Check #213 for the Veggie Pie recipe and a few new posts.
Have a great day!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, everyone

Well, I am a happy turtle today. I was down 2.25# last night making a total of 27.5# since joing my Tops group.

Donna - try making Judy's veggie pie, it is soooooooo good. One of my favoritie ww recipes for sure.

Princess - how you doing today?

Judy - have a great time with your sisters & just make the best choices you can, but also enjoy yourself!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Got my four miles in yesterday and will be swimming today. I need to form the habit, though, of actually planning out what I'm going to eat as opposed to just tracking it after the fact. I'm not having a problem going over my points allowance; just the opposite -- too many nights I find myself realizing I've got 18 or 20 points to use! And there's no way I can do that without eating a bunch of foods that I know aren't healthy. I don't want to get into the habit of eating an entire box of rice pilaf again. I must admit, though, I start feeling ... uneasy ... as I approach my points limit. Logic tells me I don't want to go into starvation mode, but my emotions tell me that if 30 points are okay, then 25 must be even better.

Thanks for posting the Veggie Pie recipe! I'll give it a try for sure, but I'm going to try making it all "from scratch" -- Bisquik has a VERY distinctive taste and I hate to buy a box knowing it will just sit, and sit, and sit. Or else be telling me at 2:00 a.m. that I should make biscuits. Now there's a way (not healthy) of upping my points consumption!

Had a nice 20 or 30 minute lesson yesterday in signing from DH. I usually get together on Thursdays with his niece and we try to practice but she has a bad cold so we're not meeting today. I can see I'm finally starting to make some progress now that we're working on vocabulary and review every day instead of once a week.

Guess that's all from me today!
Donna D., Hemet, CA
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #5  

Where is everybody?

Had my weigh-in today and GAINED .6 lbs. I'm telling myself it's because I've been working out and muscle weighs more than fat, or maybe I was "backed up," I don't know. And I do tell myself that this is a way of life, not just a short-term thing. But it's kind of frustrating to see the scale moving in the wrong direction, yanno?

After my meeting DH & I went to the local nursery, where they were having a sale, and picked out a dwarf nectarine tree. We walked in thinking we were going to get a dwarf navel orange, but in this area everybody and his brother has citrus trees and citrus fruit is cheap! A nectarine that's been picked ripe off the tree, though ... that is yummy for the tummy!

Did well at lunch -- DH suggest KFC (grilled of course) but their vegie selections are kind of limited, so I got a little assertive and requested a different place, one that I felt would have more health-friendly selections. They had lots to choose from! I chose a turkey cobb salad, requested dressing on the side, spinach instead of lettuce, and had water instead of soda.

Then we went bowling! First time in 40 years for me, and it was a lot more aerobic than I remembered! lol Got a few strikes and several gutter balls (my mother the bowler must be rolling in her grave) but we had fun. My left knee is definitely going to be sore tomorrow! I'm glad we quit after two games and didn't go for three. I had a better time than DH but he has more physical limitations to deal with than I do. I'm thinking maybe I'll go over there by myself ever couple of weeks and bowl a couple games, see if I can at least get consistently over 100 again.

Donna D., Hemet, CA
Old 05-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey ladies..i am finally back. The last several months have been hectic to say the least. My ex got arrested again, my sister in law passed away in Dec, and just too many stresses to count at home. I finally graduated on Saturday with honors. Now that it is done, I seriously need to work on me. I have gained a ton of weight. I need some inspiration and motivation to get back on track and moving. Will you welcome me back into the group?????

Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #7  

I'm a new member of the group, but I'll extend a big and welcome to you! We all know this is the place to be! And congrats on graduating with honors! Are you going to be job-hunting now?

Yesterday was kind of strange -- after my gain (again!) last week I decided to give the Wendie variation of WW a try, which is basically varying the points I eat every day. I must confess that most days I have not been eating all my points and haven't been touching my weekly allotment or my exercise points. My leader suggested that I work this week on making sure I use ALL my points.

So yesterday I was consciously trying to come up with high-point foods (needed to consume 45!!) and I didn't really enjoy it! How strange is that?? I had biscuits with breakfast and I made a homemade beef and macaroni casserole that had half a pound of full-fat cheese in it and felt really uncomfortable eating it. Part of me keeps going, bad, bad! I think if I try this again I'm just going to take the easy way out and go out for pizza.

DH & I both spent yesterday hobbling around feeling all "crippled up" as a result of our going bowling Saturday. This really caught me by surprise, I had no idea I would be using so many muscles in a new way. I did go to the pool and swim for 45 minutes, then had a glorious 15-minute soak in the spa which was HOT again. The last several weeks the maintenance guys have been having trouble with the thermostat in the spa -- some days it's only 85 degrees, which isn't any warmer than the pool! I was very grateful. Think I'll call the front office today and ask them to extend our thanks to whichever maintenance guy worked on it over the weekend. That's a small miracle in itself!

Tummy is rumbling, guess it's breakfast time!
Donna D., Hemet, CA
Old 05-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #8  

Chrily - welcome back & congrats on graduating with Honors! That is great.
Nice to see you back & hopefully you can get yourself re-focussed & do well again.

I didn't do too bad over weekend, but my knee has been bothering me so my walking isn't quite what it should be. Going to movies tonight with my ladies group to see "Ghosts of girlfriends past" so that will be nice.

Have a good OP day, everyone!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi guys! So sorry that I have not been on line all week, very busy at work and when I do try and get on line in the morning the page will not load for this site so I don't know what is going on. Went to w/i last saturday and was up .2 but over all it was not as bad as it could have been even though food had been good. This week I started walking again... outside and only about 1.5 miles but I really need to build myself up again after not doing much of anything on a regular basis for a while. Will take another walk tonight then Zumba class tomorrow. Work is going great and I am extremely busy. Food is going great this week, so now if my TOM will just stay away I may actually lose this week... yeah.

Chrily: Welcome back!

Bandit: Sorry about you knee! I have been having a ton of hip trouble lately, been to the doctor a couple of times over the last couple of months but he just keeps telling me that I am straining muscles... not sure how but whatever. Feel better soon!

Donna: Muscle weighs the same as fat, a pound of fat and a pound of muscle only weigh a pound. But when you exercise your body does tend to get inflamed and your muscles hold water for some reason... just keep at it and you will be fine!

Judy: Hope you are having a blast!

Have to run!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Want a quick way to lose weight...get sick with the rotovirus. My little nephew shared with me. Bless him! It is more my fault than his though. It all started with him going to the hospital on Monday for drinking some paint thinner. They put him in the ICU and that night he was put in a regular room next to some "quarantined" kiddoes. He came home the next day and kept getting sicker, so my sister took him back two days later and they gave him some anti-nausea meds and sent him home. Sunday night he was doing really bad again and she took him back to the ER and they put an IV in and took some blood tests cuz he was dehydrated. The dr. said he got the rotovirus from his hospital stay. Me being the auntie who loves him too much went up to sit with him and my sister on all three occasions and is now sick sick sick. Oh well...I feel better than I did this morning so it won't last too long.

Well off to hold down the couch again. Typing is about the most exercise I have gotten today.

Chris
Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #11  

Morning, turtles:

Princess - nice to see you back on the boards & .2# is nothing to worry about. Remember "baby steps" - you are on the right track.

Chrily - sorry to hear about your sickness, hope you are feeling well.

Judy - hope you are behaving yourself.

I have my w/i tonight & am hoping not to be up. Had movie popcorn the other night & last time I did that I didn't drop anything plus with my knee problem have only had 1 walk in the past week - not good.

Anyway, hope you all have a great week!!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Bandit, since I have been MIA for so long...what is wrong with your knee? I've been having problems with mine a wee bit too, but I think it is because I have gained some weight and that added some strain to my knees.

So first step for me is to pick up a a new weigh in day. Anyone have any suggestions. I weighed myself yesterday while I was sick (down a few lbs) but that doesn't count.

I feel better but I am still going to take it easy today. Just exhausted from taking the kids to school. A little more recoup time and I'll be ready to roll.

I'll check in later today and see how you are all doing?

I was wondering too if anyone was interested in doing daily or weekly challenges? I love doing those. They keep me on track.

Chris
Old 05-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #13  

Hi Chrily - I hurt my knee last summer leaning on back of truck moving my daughter, then went for phsio & it seemed better. But lately with walking lots it has flared up again. Last year they said it was bursitis. I can still walk, just gets sore - thanks for asking.

I am usually on computer most days, so would be up for some challenges.

Any ideas, ladies?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

Bandit, ouch...doesn't sound like fun. Sorry about your knee.

I have been so busy with schoolwork and working, that I don't get up and move much either. I think that is part of why my knees hurt...serious lack of muscles.

I think we should do some sort of exercise challenge or food challenge.

Chris
Old 05-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #15  

OK sounds good.

My goal for exercise this week is to walk at least 10 miles.
Preplan my menu everyday & stay within my target