Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/275/160

Default bachelorette party i can't avoid.

quick question.... i am going out tonight for my best friend's bachelorette party and i plan to have a drink or two (don't worry, i ate extra well today to give me a little calorie room).... what is my best option to keep my calories in check? rum and diet coke? gin and tonic? red wine? any other suggestions? thank you thank you.
anniemalish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

To the best of my knowledge, the lowest calorie alcohols are:

1. vodka (for really wanting spirits)
and
2. wine (white is slightly lower than red, but both are very doable ~ I count as 137 or 142 per ~5 oz glass, respectively).

I see a lot of calorie-conscious people do rum & diet coke as well, but I don't know because I've never looked up rum cals.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #3  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

I find that minizing the number of calories in the non alcoholic portion of a drink is about all you can do to minimize calories.

So yes, diet coke and rum is great. I like vodka on the rocks, but that's too strong for most. Wine is great because it has a high alocholic percentage AND people don't expect to see people pounding wine so you can nurse it if you want. Obviously doing shots is lower in calories than mixing it with a fruity drink .

Mind you... my intention when going out and drinking is to be able to get tipsy for the lowest number of calories I can. So shots(LOVE tequila), straight alcohol on ice and martinis are what I go for, along with diet coke and rum or diet ginger ale and rye if they have it. If you just want to be seen taking part in social drinking wine would be my recommendation.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

How about having a wine spritzer? THat's what I frequently go for myself, although it is not because I am worried about calories (I am not a calorie-counter). But, I have very little tolerance for booze and even a small amount can make me tipsy so I find wine spritzers ideal. Typically a spritzer is white wine mixed with soda (you can also for for bubbly mineral water) but I prefer red wine with soda. THat gives me a fairly large volume to drink and I can make it last. Even if I have two, that will still come up to only one glass of red wine which is healthy.
Enjoy the party!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote