Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default BFL: April 27 - May 3

Well, our thread of regulars seems to be winding down a bit. I'm in week 12 and really pushing it home. Beyond adding tennis to the schedule for an hour each weekend day, I"m also doing a 30 min pilates dvd on non-wl days, and of course our friend hiit. On days when I watch tv (only for special shows like TBL) rather than sitting to watch, I will at least do the treadmill on ss cardio for a portion of that time. Not sweaty cardio, but movement and "dampening" of the skin.

I think this will be the last separate thread I post as we will have all gone into more of a lifestyle mode after this week. I'll be taking the week of the 4th as free time but then come back strong for challenge 2 starting on may 11. I'll post my final results and hopefully some of my famous head-less photos here on 5/4.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #2  
No description available.

I can't wait to see pictures!!! You have mentioned that you have changed sizes, I believe? WTG!!! Is your dh still doing BFL?

Last edited by midwife; 04-28-2009 at 08:55 AM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Sportmom -- I'm so proud of you ... I'll be back for round 2 also... Eventhough, I didn't lose a lot, the thread did keep me accountable...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #4  

Hi sportmom, midwife and Ilene,

I'm still here!!! Not doing anything right now, but I'll be back for round 2 at may 11.

Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #5  

Yes, my dh finished Sunday and lost 25 lbs and a like 7" on his belly, which is the only place he stores fat. We both agree it would have been 30, but he threw in the towel the last week and ate what he wanted and wasn't really doing the cardio to intensity and was lifting the same dumbbell weights as me (reallY? No way that was a "10" for him) I also think he switched to his Total Gym instead of free weights, which I could be wrong, but I don't think is anything close to a free weight workout.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to let you know I'm lurking on your thread! I hope it's ok that I join your group -- I'm starting my first BFL challenge on Monday. I'm weighing and measuring (and taking the dreaded before pictures) on Sunday.
My plan is to follow the book exactly, as far as nutrition and workouts go. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom or encouragement!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #7  
No description available.

Welcome Spooky!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

spooky
Old 05-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #9  

Welcome Spooky! I'll be taking my week of rest just as you're starting, but feel free to ask questions. Most of the stuff you need is in the books, but sometimes it helps to ask questions and talk it thru to really understand it or clarify it.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone! I only have the original BFL book but I've read through the diet and workout sections. I've seen quite a lot about the Transformation book lately but haven't read that one.
I'm excited to see your before and after pics, sportmom, and I hope that doesn't make me sound like a creepy internet stalker. Lol. Some of the before and afters in the book are so phenomenal and almost unbelievable. I hope to get really great results (and I will be working for them!).
Tomorrow is weight/measurements, before pictures, and planning Monday's workout.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #11  

Ok I am ready for tomorrow! Food planned (for at least 5 meals and I have a plan for a 6th, if I should need it), workout planned. I haven't lifted weights in a long time so I'm starting conservatively and estimating what I'll be able to handle.
I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's challenge results and to start working toward my own. YAY!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

It's so motivating to see that you are stoked to go ...

I've been really good today and yesterday... Friday was a D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R....
Old 05-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #13  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Hey everyone! Welcome Spooky!

I had to take part of the week off to travel out of town for a funeral. Working out didn't happen, and I ate badly. Very badly. It didn't effect my weight, so I'm thankful for that. Back on the wagon today. It's only 10 weeks until my reunions.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #14  

Good job getting right back on track, Dixie (although I'm sorry to hear that you were attending a funeral).
Today is day 1. I did my UBWO this am and have been eating the BFL way all day. I'm a little hungry, honestly. I'm thinking this is because I am used to eating more per meal than I am now but it is comforting to know I'm never more than 2-3 hours from my next meal.
Also I'm doing well with the water. 66 oz so far. Making whole wheat pasta with turkey meatballs for dinner tonight. Yum.
How is everyone else doing?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #15  

Hi everyone, so here's the scoop!

I lost about 25 lbs, 6.2 pts of bodyfat, and 22.25 inches overall between my bust, waist, neck, hips, belly (navel - different from waist), thighs, calves, bicep. I lost over 25 lbs of fat and gained 1.3 lbs of muscle.

I'm really proud of myself that not only did I finish the challenge, but I really challenged myself for the last 10 days to really power thru. Increased my cardio to running, never missed a workout, lifted hard, and threw in some extra s/s cardio on times I would be watching tv anyway or on the weekends when I have more time. I made myself a plan, wrote everything on my calendar, and checked it off each day and did it ALL! I also cut out the peanut butter in my sandwiches and stuck to turkey only and I think between that and the running is what got the scale moving again. Amazing what eating 100% clean and working out hard for 10 straight days can really do.
Challenge 2 starts next Monday, but until then I'm going to be like a pig in the mud and enjoy my free work (and rest my joints!!) Photos can be found in my profile. I didn't want to post them forever more in a thread; I can update the profile as time goes on.