Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #1  

Default Hi everyone, pretty new to OA.

I'm Lyn, coe and food addict. I am 27 and have had probems with food since childhood. I have been in OA for five months and I am no further forward than I was before. I realise this is due to me not using the tools on a daily basis. I had a 'sort of' abstinence during the month of January, I still ate trigger foods but thought I was in control. I must have been eating less because I shed about 13lbs during that month. Then it was gone as quickly as it came and I am worse than ever. I suppose what worked before was starting every day reading For Today, making a food plan which I texted to my sponsor, making a gratitude list. I just can't seem to motivate myself into getting back into the routine.

Where I live in Ireland there is only one face to face meeting a week which I cannot always get to. I started online meetings about 10 days ago.

I have ordered a lot of lierature off the site and have to wait for it to get through customs which will hopefully be next week. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster the last week or two one minute I think I am gonna make it and then when I am eating my trigger foods I think nothing will work for me.
Sparklegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Lynn. Welcome
Sounds like you're taking all the right steps to get back on track. Understand that it can be difficult, but you're worth it.

~A
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #3  

Thanks for your reply.
Sparklegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #4  

Hi,

Im brand new in OA. I think I am not feeling much, just going through the motions. It is my first month, but I haven't binged once. It's been 10 days! This is really amazing. I think after the month when I can weigh myself I will feel either better because it is working or worse because I have hit the lowest. More power to you.
slfmda is offline   Reply With Quote