Old 05-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #1  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Default The love affair is over...

with the scale.

It wasn't meant to be. I did start off loving you and thought we had such a bright future together. But lately, no matter how much effort I've put into this relationship, you give me the cold shoulder. You used to lift me up when I've been feeling down, and now you don't budge or you mock me with added pounds.

I'm going to have to ignore you for a while and this will be tough.

I hope our time apart will rekindle what is there. I don't want to give up on you completely, but I want you to be honest with me and be there the way I need you to be.

Goodbye, I wish you well.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Sometime's a small break is best for the both of you!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #3  

Ditto!!!LOL!!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Best to you, Matt. Just because you need a co-worker to contribute on a project ... doesn't mean you need to marry them!
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #5  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

ROFL!

What a great idea! It can be too easy to get hung up on the numbers on that piece of machinery instead of noticing all the subtle improvements in the machinery that is your body. You are working your program and you are so very definitely on a downward ride --- changes on the scale are just a little addition to what you already know.

Good for you for taking a break from this relationship. Some time apart will remind you of why you got together in the first place ---- and precisely what part that fickle scale should play in your overall plan.

Thanks for the smile, Matt, and good luck with the new routine!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #6  
yay! summertime!

Uh, Matt?

"I'm now registered for the Komen 3 Day Walk for breast cancer! 60 miles in 3 days!"

WOW! Seriously big WOW!
Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #7  
Token rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numina View Post
Uh, Matt?

"I'm now registered for the Komen 3 Day Walk for breast cancer! 60 miles in 3 days!"

WOW! Seriously big WOW!
Thanks!

I've been doing a bunch of longer walks. This Sunday is a 20 mile walk called the "walk for hunger" (bad name, it funds food pantries in Boston) and on the 16th and 17th I'm doing the Avon 2 day walk (39.2 miles over 2 days). I don't need to pimp those pages because I've reached the fundraising minimums

Charity walks are a great way to get in shape as well as doing something good at the same time. I'm sort of addicted to them now as I've signed up for 5 or 6 of them this year :P
Old 05-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Yep it's time for a break. I hope your scale understands what it's been doing to you... and after all the time you spent together too. Maybe it needs to take my scale with it? Eight days and just up and down. They can cry together when we leave them in the dust
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

The scale is a fickle mistress indeed! She is better left with an occasional fling than an on-going romance.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

my scale and i broke up last week.....im sure we'll get back together soon!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #11  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

If you love someone, set them free....
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #12  
Happy Camper

S/C/G: 274/264/220 then re-eval

Height: 6'2"

Wonderful letter. I might break up with mine next weekend (depending on her attitude this week).

Matt, you don't need that scale. The fact that you are going to do all that walking blows me away. How long have you been walking, did you just start with a short walk and go from there? Amazing darlin'!
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #13  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

I'm with you Matt. Only one month dieting and I was addicted! It was soooooo hard not to go talk to her this morning, but I did it. And for the first time in two weeks I didn't have emotional fallout today (either good or lately bad). Someone suggested only getting on the scale when you know you've lost (ie pants looser) but I don't know if I can go that far. That would be like cold turkey. I was thinking I'd try doling out the love - like every Sunday...! LOL!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #14  
Token rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnikki View Post
Wonderful letter. I might break up with mine next weekend (depending on her attitude this week).

Matt, you don't need that scale. The fact that you are going to do all that walking blows me away. How long have you been walking, did you just start with a short walk and go from there? Amazing darlin'!
Last fall I did my first marathon walk after training all summer. That was the 2008 Jimmy Fund Walk. This year, I've been trying to do as much walking as possible with longer walks on the weekend. There are training schedules that you can follow for marathon length walking and it takes roughly 3 months to get ready if you are starting from scratch.

I'm walking 20 miles this Sunday and I would like to get camera and take some pictures of the event to share on my 3fcs blog.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #15  
yay! summertime!

I would LOVE to see those pictures, Matt!

Good luck on Sunday!