Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

Default Feel Guilty?

it seems that if i dont wake up early enough to go work out i tend to feel really guilty, i know i can always do it the next day and just get back on track. (ive been doing really well.. i usually go anywhere from 4-5 days a week for an hour to an hour and a half) but for example today - i work the morning shfit and i was suppose to wake up at 8:30 to work out to have enough time to shower and get to work by noon. however, i was just EXHAUSTED and i couldnt get up. i had to sleep. especially with working five shifts in four days, and studying for finals that are next week. but i just feel... guilty. then i eat breakfast.. and i feel really full... and i feel.. even worse. like.. i just went back to my old ways.. even though i didnt. idk. maybe im crazy.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #2  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

There's no reason to feel guilty- you are listening to your body. If your body is over tired, it can't function properly.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

You sound like you are "shoulding" yourself to death! Decide IF you want to exercise. Then figure out what you want to do. Then pick a time that will WORK for you. And do it!
It makes no sense to decide to exercise at a time that just isn't working for you at all. Your odds will improve IF you pick the right activity at the right time.
And it depends what your goals are. IF it is weight loss, perhaps you should really focus on your diet as diet accounts for approximately 80% of how you do. If your goal is cardiovascular fitness, you've GOTTA pick a better time.
And if exercise isn't in the cards for you right now, don't feel guilty! This happens to all of us at one time or another.
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #4  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think your exercise schedule sounds like you've been doing pretty good and things will happen from time to time to vary it.

I think one of the keys to long-term success is not letting those changes throw you off and just understanding that some days you will have more time, some days less, and sometimes you just need to sleep. No harm, no foul.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I once read somewhere that if you are that tired and just can't get up in the morning to work out- that sleep is more important. Lack of sleep can also make you gain weight.

How about evenings? If you can squeeze in half an hour a night then do it- just skip some TV.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #6  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

You have to fit it in where you can. And don't feel guilty, if your body is tired, then let it rest or something else is gonna happen like you could get sick. So, don't be so hard on yourself.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think sleep is terribly important, to my health, to my weight loss, and most importantly my day-to-day happiness! I really try to guard it very carefully.

However, I know that I CANNOT rely on how I feel when 5 or 6 or even 7 rolls around. I will ALWAYS feel sleepy, even if I don't need sleep and will feel worse during the day for having slept in. Sometimes it even gives me a migraine.

On the other hand, I find sleepiness in the evening to be a fabulous guide to when I need to go to bed early and catch up.

Still, if I have an unavoidable late night I will sleep in a little, but not too much, because I just seem to need a regular am time or I feel out of whack. It doesn't come naturally, man do I *want* to sleep in, but I really feel better with early mornings and early nights.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote