South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/249/180

Height: 5'9"

Default New here, question!

Hi ladies,
I just joined 3FC today! I've been reading alot but had a question. I did the SB diet a year or so ago, but quit after a week! I'm ready to start again in 2 weeks(when I get paid), to stock my kitchen with the right foods. Something I read said NO dairy for Phase 1..but then when I saw a list it said 1% or fat free milk and plain fat-free yogurt is ok. Can someone clarify what is allowed for dairy in Phase 1? Thanks so much!
LayLay2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, MrsDanz! The best way to prepare yourself for success on this plan is to read the book first to fully understand the fundamentals of this way of eating, and to familiarize yourself with the food lists for the different Phases of this program. We have the latest revised food lists in the stickies in our FAQ section of this forum, but it's essential to understand what foods you are allowed and what you should avoid. Dairy is allowed and is an important part of your diet on Phase 1. Just make sure you are eating fat free or lowfat diary products.

We look forward to having you join us here, and good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mrs. Danz--have you read the book? It's very crucial to success on this plan. The book from a year ago was updated in terms of dairy in Phase 1, so I'm not sure that you've read it. Or maybe you read a much older copy?

Either way, dairy is allowed in Phase 1. It's great that you're planning ahead! Check out the Prepare Yourself to Start South Beach thread for tons of great ideas on how to set yourself up for success on this plan.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 292/249/180

Height: 5'9"

Thank you both so much! I haven't read the book yet..I hope to get it soon.
LayLay2011 is offline   Reply With Quote