Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/190

Height: 5'4

Default I have a problem

I hope that maybe someone can relate and give me some advice on this.
Being a girl and it being 95+ degrees outside has it's problems. For many summers my poor thighs have went through heck. Heat rashes, bumps, blisters, and so on. It's all from my pants and skin rubbing together mixed with the heat and sweat. It's painful and gross. All the doc says is keep it clean and dry. Well, that's hard to do but I try. It's also hard when you have back sweat too. anyone else have this problem??

~Jenn
JennelleV86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

well, deodorant on the inner thigh really works well for me, i know it sounds weird but i got the idea from the movie juno-and it works haha...i have back sweat too but it never really gives me any problems..hope that helps!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Thighs! I so get you!!!
I used to wear thigh-length spandex under skirts and pants. You won't get any chafing as the fabrics rub together, not your skin and the fabric. Also, if you get a wicking-type of spandex, things'll be dry. But the problem is the chafing, not the moisture, so spandex will stop the painful chafing.
For back sweat, you might want to wear some light sports-style form-fitting tank tops with a wicking fabric. This will absorb the sweat. You can't keep things dry (in 95+ temperatures, we ALL sweat), so you can deal with it this way. Or wear very loose natural fabrics that will let you feel airy but will be natural and absorbtive.
But the spandex pants are a MUST. They aren't hot, and you will be so way more comfortable...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I had that too and what I didn't know was that yeast was making it worse. Ever since I went low carb I haven't had a single problem in the thigh/tummy/chest area. Major difference. I used to be in so much pain I would cry! YMMV of course.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #5  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Theres also some sort of cream you can get and it has a powdery substance in it, that dries and leaves some powder. Its for chaffing. Sorry I dont know the name...alot of good that did you, ey?
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

Oh yes, I feel your pain. I lost a lot of weight and still, even at my lowest weight, my inner thighs rub together and I get an itchy red rash (though at least it's much less than they used to be). I use baby powder or talcum powder all the time! I've never used Gold Bond powder but it's also supposed to help absorb moisture. If you're worried about the white showing (like if you're wearing a bathing suit where your legs will be exposed), it's still effective if you just rub it in so the white isn't obvious. Or just do a quick mirror check and make sure there isn't white powder on your clothes before you walk out the door. It really helps me!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

When I was at my highest weight I used to have issue under my boobs.

A little deodorant made a huge difference.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

the deodorant actually helps for the chafing too, it keeps your thighs rubbing smoothly instead of getting the skin all chafed from rubbing together-now if youre going to be outside and doing things for extended amounts of time-then i would go with the spandex idea because the deodorant will wear off
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I've used Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel for bra-line and underarm chafing. It works really well. It's made by Monistat, so it fights yeast as well as keeping you dry.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #10  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I've used Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel for bra-line and underarm chafing. It works really well. It's made by Monistat, so it fights yeast as well as keeping you dry.
A friend of mine swears by this for inner thigh chafing. Jay saved me the trouble of having to look up the name of the product. You'll find it in the drugstore/grocery store near the OTC yeast infection medications.

Last edited by thistoo; 04-28-2009 at 04:04 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #11  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

I've also used the deodorant trick for my inner thighs when I'm wearing a skirt in hot weather and it helps a lot, although as others have said it does wear off so you'll need to reapply. I used to keep one of those travel size deodorants in my purse.

I've heard of Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel as well but haven't tried it yet. With the warm weather coming though I might get some and see if it does a better job than the deodorant.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #12  
sugar is the devil

this is one of my biggest problems, not to mention all the holes in my pants caused by my rubbing thighs. For the rashes, I use an amazing cream that works wonders to help them from burning and it decreases the friction. I'm not home right now but when I am I will update with what it is called - it pretty much is like a diaper rash cream.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-29-2009 at 12:43 AM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote