Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Tuesday, 4/28

Mornin' All!

Another hot one coming today! Enjoy it!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

It's not so hot here...supposed to rain most of the day

I've got the Tuesday blahs...woke up late this morning...rushed to get to work on time...didn't get a nice, long walk last night with puppy...ugh! My sister still hasn't had her baby...she's almost 6 days overdue...she'll be requesting to get induced today!

I ate a blueberry bran muffin this morning b/c I forgot my breakfast at home!

Please tell me the day will get better!?!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

wifey, bad day here too.

Actually bad day yesterday and Friday too.

Yesterday I had meetings all day. We had to attend a Homeland Security meeting it lasted from 8-1:30 with a working breakfast and lunch. I was expecting fruit or something from breakfast, HAH, donuts. I should of thought of that since it was mostly cops and school officals there. There was a running joke on serving cops donuts. I didn't find it funny and was peeved about not having any healthy choices. Lunch was hamburger or hotdogs, they had slaw, potatoe salad, baked beans, brownies and cookies. Sheesh..

After that meeting I had to attend ANOTHER meeting that last until 3. I was so worn out just from sitting all day.

this morning I got up and yep, jumped on the scale (I knew better but I thought, hey, who knows) and I was up 4 lbs. OMG! I am throwing the scale out the window. I knew better. I know I didn't eat enough to gain four lbs.

It was a mad house here this morning and I just now found the time to sit down for a bit. Between scholars bowl and kindergarten registration everyone is here and it's a total zoo. I am so ready for summer.

OH, I almost forgot. I got DDR 2. Wow, I am so uncordinated! LOL I love the workout feature . I did 15 minutes and thought I would pass out. DD laughed and said I looked like a dork. Kids... what do they know? Can't wait to get home and get to dancin.

Ya'll have a good day.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/185/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey y'all...well, I'll join the blah club too! TOM is just kicking in good-yucky bloating, etc. I'm so frustrated with myself!! I do so good all day-watching my calories, drinking lots of water, etc. Then whamo-I screw it all up at night!! I'm usually so busy taking my four kids to games, practices, etc. that I just grab something quick to eat on the run. And I've yet to figure out when/where to implement a consistent exercise routine?! I already get up at 5:30am, work all day, get off at 5pm and cart the kids all over town until almost 9pm-by the time I check homework, they all get baths (I have to bath the younger three myself), lay out clothes for the next day, etc. I just fall into bed around 11pm! I just don't know what to do!! Any suggestions for quick, yet effective workout dvds/programs you all know of would be greatly appreciated!!
mom of four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #5  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

I bought my new walking shoes yesterday, with the PLAN of walking today. Hasn't happened. I'm so freakin' tired. I just want to sit and veg out all day. And maybe a nap. My little one does not sleep well- 17 months old, and he wakes up in the middle of the night still.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #6  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Well, I went to the gym this morning. I did the step class and then followed with the resistance training class but didn't make it to the end of that one. I wanted to take a nap now that I'm home but I don't think I'm sleepy. My head has been killing me all day. First I thought I was hungry so I ate. The headache is still here. So I thought I should take a nap but I'm really not sleepy either. Then I remembered, I quit smoking last week. That would explain the headaches I've been having the past couple days. Now, I'm about to get my daughter off the school bus in a while and then I'll be heading to the laundromat since the one in the building isn't open.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #7  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hey Ladies... bummer that so many of us are having Blah Days. Hoping tomorrow rings in better for you all.
It's a hot one here today. 92 to be exact. It went from winter directly to summer in one whoooosh.
The kiddos and I made fresh fruit juice pops and they are sitting in the freezer waiting to be chomped down for dessert tonight. Mmm, can't wait to dive into one. My mouth is watering just thinking of the Cranberry-Grape-Apple concoction we made. It tasted good as juice and I am sure it will just as much frozen. We are going to try our hand making strawberry with strawberry chunks next.

This heat is a help, I guess, as we've all downed a lot of water. A little more then my usual, but just as so, as I've been sooo frikken hot. Don't want to dehydrate.

Well that's me... who's next??
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #8  

I guess I'm in the right place for the Tuesday blahs. Yesterday was REALLY sucky- I got a speeding ticket and messed up my checking account.

Today has been better but not by much. Last night I made homemade Cinnamon Rolls. And not just any old Cinnamon Rolls- the ones from Pioneer Woman. She's a gal who lives by the motto 'there's no such thing as too much butter'. I've eaten 3 of them in the last 24 hours. What was I thinking? There's no real comfort in comfort food. Thank goodness I gave most of them away and the kids and hubs devoured the rest.

I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing a loss on the scale this week. Ack! I guess I have until Friday to turn this boat around but I shouldn't have to try and make up ground. Just when you let your guard down thinking 'I've changed' you realize that your just one Cinnamon Roll binge away from wrecking it all. Sigh.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi there-

I'll join those that feel blah. My allergies have been bothering me and I'm all stopped up, scratchy throat, and hoarse. I mowed the lawn and worked out in the yard the other day and forgot to take me allergy medicine. Ugh! My eating has been all right. I usually cave in in the evenings. I believe this will get better at the end of school. I had been working out really well, but with being stopped up, I haven't been working out. I hope all of you are doing well or better!!!
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote