Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking Summer Bootcamp Series Sign Ups!

Summer is almost here! Whewww HOO! Last summer I participated in several bootcamp challenges. So, this year I thought I would "host" a bootcamp challenge series!

First of all, I'm super excited for summer and the bootcamp series. Last summer I lost alot of weight using the "bootcamp" method!

Secondly, before siging up..... I want you to think about what bootcamp is and means. It is going to be hard! It is going to challenge you to rethink your ideas and believes about weight loss by restructuring your goals and plans to really push yourself. After all it is BOOTCAMP ...so get ready to get your !

Finally.....I just wanted to tell you all a little about the challenges and what they will ask of you....

#1. Plan - pretty much just have a set plan (YES you can change the plan through out the challenge if it isn't working for you..) this plan can be weight watchers, Jenny Craig, Counting Calories, anything as long as you have an accountable way of watching what you eat! And keep a journal of your plan and your daily intake/accomplishments.

#2. Put in a minimum number of exercise minutes per week. This number will probably be around a minimum of 300 minutes a week...but you decide if you do all the minutes in 3 days a week or do you spread it out over 6-7 days.

#3. Your exercise must include some kind of bootcamp type workout....bootcamp dvd's (or similar workouts) are suggested. This is so that you will continually push yourself to the next level!

#4. Challenge yourself on your water intake....we will set goals to increase water ounces through the month!

#5. Declutter your home - This is really important because it is hard to prepare healthy meals and lead a healthy life style if the kitchen is always dirty and there isn't anywhere to even sit down and eat a meal at! Flylady.net is a great place to get started with this! But this will be an on going thing throughout each month! (This will also include decluttering the pantry/fridge/freezer and throwing out junk food!)

#6. Pamper/Groom ourselves - No matter what size you are.....you deserve to be treated like a queen and to look like a queen! Budgets do not matter here....you can do at home facials/manicures/pedicures/etc. with household items around kitchen! It is a proven fact that the better we look and feel about ourselves the better care we take of ourselves!

#7. Each month pick another area of your life to work on that isn't affiliated with weight loss...it could be working out and sticking to a budget, spiritual, organization, relationships, job/career, school, etc!

#8. Motto/Mantra - Last summer each bootcamp required everyone to pick a motto/mantra to live by for the month...it was fun and motivating to see what people could come up with...and some were truely inspiring! So we will include this also!

#9. Of course there will be goal setting...this probably should have been at the top...but every month we will start out putting down our weight/inches/etc....and list our goals for the month! We will weigh in weekly, and at the end of the month assess our accomplishments before moving on the the next month!

#10. Last but not least....everyone will be required to pick some kind of reward for meeting your goals at the end of the month. This will give you something to work toward!
Old 04-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #2  

Of course...I'm gonna be in...LOL!

The first challenge starts this Friday...May 1st!

I will probably post the thread Wednesday or Thursday just so everyone can get on the thread and start posting their start info/goals/etc.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

I would love to be in!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm seriously considering this! How many months is it? Three? Four?
Old 04-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm in!!

This sounds like fun, and pain, and alot of hard work, oh my what am i getting myself into!!!

But I trust you Mel, and so far all your challenges have been great so Yes I am definately in.

Oh I'm gonna have to start a plan, think about what I really want.

See you soon
Old 04-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #6  
sugar is the devil

I think I will join this! Might give me a boost since it seems like I'm in a bit of a rut!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/../130

Height: 5'1

ok, i'm in too. I have a few dvd's that i can use. I have to start thinking now. So how long is the challenge for? When do we start?
Old 04-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #8  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

This sounds like just what I need.I'm in too!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey I am in. I guess we posts weights our weights and goals on Friday?? Is it only thru August or how does it work.....
Old 04-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #10  
Ready for final round!

S/C/G: 217/189/168

Height: 5'3

I would love to join aswell!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #11  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

count me in melissa!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #12  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

Im Love to do this challenge!!! Boot camp here we come!!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #13  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Ooh! I'm in please Melissa.

I think I need a kick-start (restart?)
Old 04-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrose View Post
I'm seriously considering this! How many months is it? Three? Four?
The challenge will go four months....May, June, July, August

Each month will start a new challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeBatter View Post
Hey I am in. I guess we posts weights our weights and goals on Friday?? Is it only thru August or how does it work.....
Yes....as soon as the May thread is up (Thursday or Friday) go ahead and post all your start information and goal information for that month. Then just come in often and give and get support...

Also...we will have little things like maybe one week I will challenge everyone to find a new healthy recipe on the internet or something and share the link with everyone so we can all try it....this is a great way to get a ton of new recipes fast without having to do much looking! And there will be other things too!

I'm so excited to see so many people signing up....

For those of you who need help with a plan on getting and keeping the house clutter free....go to www.flylady.net

I love this woman! She has to be the most organized person I have ever heard of....LOL...not to mention smart!!! You can look around on that site and spend the next few days trying to get your journal together! You'll see what I mean when you get there

Good luck!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

i have checked out the site and I am on my way back there now. I am very excited about that. I have such a hard time being organized...thanks for the link.
Closed Thread