General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #1  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Default Important news about a dangerous chemical in our environment

Hi all!
Found this website dedicated to exposing the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide -- something that all of us are exposed to on a daily basis:
http://www.dhmo.org/
For IMMEDIATE action...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

You know what that is, right?
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I use info from that site to illustrate persuasion principles with my social psychology class. I give them a handout with info about dihydrogen monoxide, and lots of skulls and crossbones, and then ask them to sign a petition to reduce the use on campus by 50% over the next 5 years. I make sure the petition is already signed by others (with at least one other faculty signature) and prominently display the names of a faculty member from the chemistry dept.

Every year 2/3 of the students sign to reduce... water! (dihydrogen monoxide = h2o = water)
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

OK, so that is COMPLETELY hilarious, ms moderator Heather!
I just cracked up when I read it. Along with the websites decrying tomatoes as a food (everyone who has ever eaten a tomato has DIED!!!!) and ones that urge us to stop that evil force that is attacking children in playgrounds all over the country -- it is invisible, you can't smell it, but it causes THOUSANDS of injuries a year...it is GRAVITY and it MUST be stopped...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:19 AM   #5  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i can't believe it's a major component of acid rain and we're doing nothing to stop it!!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote