Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink April 2009 - Chick Chat

Hey Girlies,

Gee why didn't anyone tell me we're already into April lol

Whats shaking????

Old 04-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

ewww this is one of those days I feel completely awful...dont like myself...cant get my eating under control.....not motivated to excercise...not do much other than what I have been doing....Not sure why or what is causing it but I hate it completely hate....I want to just disapper. Like I want to be a great mom and have fun and do stuff with them but I cant even motivate myself to do stuff I have to do. I am thinking about going on a juice fast. I dont know I HAVE to do something soon because my life is spinning out of Control and I need to stop it before its 10 years down the road and I am still obese, my kids are teens and just put up with me because I am a crappy lazy fat mom. Ughh I wish I could just send my kids off to a sitter and just stay in bed all day and do nothing but sleep and watch movies. No responsiblities no NOTHING......ERRRR
Old 04-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Oooh - where's everybody hiding??

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!!

How are you feeling today, mom??

Heather
Old 04-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #4  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hi, I'm here! I just have nothing to say lol. Not much is going on with me I'm just stressed, a bit cranky, and want to get out of town! I hope everyone else is doing okay!

~V
Old 04-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #5  

I agree with mom of 4-I often feel like a horrible mom.The kids will tell me about an activity such as game or banquet for that evening and I am stressed out all day cuz I dont want to go out of house and I LOVE MY KIDS.I am tired of being tired.I keep thinking if I lose the weight I will feel better but I dont know......?????
Old 04-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #6  
Less chow for more wow!

Hey all - sounds like a rough weekend all around for this thread, huh?

Yesterday was bad, bad, bad. The dh and I are on the outs and its was looking mighty bleak.

Today is a BIG improvement. I'm wondering if HIS meds kicked in? He's been on Lexapro for about 10 days now. It was really kicking his *** for a few days and made him absolutely miserable, but today he is like his old self - funny and quirky and doing his thing. What's up with that?

We went from talking divorce, signing over cars, opening checking accounts separately and getting bills separated on Friday/Saturday to being lovey-dovey and the pain in the fanny I love to be married to on Sunday.

And they say women are moody!

I'm so confused Relieved, but confused!
Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #7  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4under5 View Post
ewww this is one of those days I feel completely awful...dont like myself...cant get my eating under control.....not motivated to excercise...not do much other than what I have been doing....Not sure why or what is causing it but I hate it completely hate....I want to just disapper. ... and do nothing but sleep and watch movies. No responsiblities no NOTHING......ERRRR
Hiya Mof4 - Sorry you are in such a space. Room for one more? Thats pretty much how I've been feeling lately - all I want to do is sleep, which is a complete change from how I was doing the end of last year. Time for a serious self-intervention for both of us! We can do it!

I just went and visited my garden today (I signed up for one of those public gardens) since all I have is shade at my place. I'm looking forward to it, but a little worried that its just one more thing I won't follow through on.

Oh well, its sunny and bright here, and I have reading to do. Tah. see you laters!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #8  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Sounds like everybody's struggling. I had a friend in town for the weekend and I'm just beat. I still worked all weekend but we went to a banquet Sat. night. We left by 10:30pm and I only had a 1/2 glass of wine. I shouldn't feel so wiped out. I know it's b/c I'm so out of shape. I'm still in my 30's! This is crazy!

I'm also sore all over, like I actually did something. Blah, this sucks, and it's my own fault!

Bojo, I hope this is the start of better times. Aren't meds terrific?

Harrismm: I'm with you, I would love to just hide for a whole week ALONE!

Amarie: Following through is not my strong suit either.

Here's hoping for a better week for all of us!

Last edited by hope4me; 04-05-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #9  
Rowing Mama

S/C/G: 202/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Hi ladies! I'm fairly new here, and just wanted to say hello. I've been doing pretty well depression-wise until the last couple days. It seems that I'm learning how to manage things pretty well, but PMS makes all those coping strategies go out the window. Right now, the only thing I know to do is what my body seems to need more of at this time.... and that's sleep! So, I'm heading to bed. See ya'll later this week!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Welcome Julie good to have you here with us.

Have a wonderful day chickies, be good to yourselves

Leenie
Old 04-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #11  
Less chow for more wow!

Today was better. It rained, but that didn't seem to matter. It was a productive day and although DH and I didn't see each other much, when we did we weren't being snippy so that's cool.

Thank goodness for warmer weather, huh? Even when it rains its okay because its not cold and nasty, just wet!

One day down, two to go until the long weekend! Woo - hoo!

Old 04-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #12  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hi everyone and welcome Julie I'm really starting to wonder if I have pmdd. I'm glad you had a better day Bojo, you're right the countdown is on!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #13  

Hello all
I stopped smoking 24 hours ago.Last time I quit for 18 months, I got severely depressed.(and gained 20 lbs-ugggg!)This time I am using the patch to quit with hopefully less withdrawl symptoms.I am really nervous but I know I have got to do this.So my plan is to be diligent about calorie intake(to prevent weight gain).I am scared but excited to be an "ex smoker".Have a good week everyone.
Mom of 4-How are you, I worry about you a lot.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #14  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hiya Julie!

harrismm - good luck! I will be sending you happy thoughts. What you are doing is not easy, it takes courage and persistance, and I know you can do it!

Hope - yah, its one of my chronic faults

So... about me. My eating is still for cr**, I'm not exercising, but at least I'm managing to stay on my meds, and I'm formulating plans for how to improve, even if I can't work up the chutzpa to actually accomplish them. Good signs, even if progress is not happening.

On a side note, through a twist of scheduling I ended up in a psychology class this quarter - its been really ineresting. Today it came up that people who suffer from depression are less prone to self-projection, or at least tend to be more accurate in their perceptions of others' perpectives. So hey, we totally rock! In a slightly odd sort of way, that is.

Wishing everyone a sunny week (do we have any snow-bound midwesterners? Brrrr...)

Amarie
Old 04-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #15  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Slow in here today, huh?

I was off today so I did some shopping and got a few much needed shirts and shoes. I'm very frustrated with my life and weight. The usual stuff. I need more time off but I work again tomorrow.

Julie! Nice to meet you. Pms drags me down too.

Hope you are doing well.
Closed Thread