Old 04-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #213 Bale of Turtles Making the Journey!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Had a pretty good day yesterday -- got up early and did three miles with L.S. for the first time -- after the second mile my endorphins must have been pumping cuz it didn't seem any harder than Mile 2. Took the time to do some fairly major grocery shopping -- went to the "market" that is further away but has some great prices on produce and has bins of various kinds of whole grains and flours. I finally got the quinoa I've been looking for and some 6-grain hot cereal -- I don't usually eat cereal for breakfast cuz it doesn't "stay" with me long enough but it's good occasionally for a change. And I can use small amounts of it when I bake bread. I got some supplies for Pad Thai -- will let you know how it turns out when I make it in a day or two. Then I went to our regular supermarket to pick up all the ordinary items that the little market doesn't carry. I was definitely ready to get off my feet when I got home!

My plan for today is to go swimming -- think it's going to be chilly but I can't wait for it to warm up -- meeting with my niece-by-marriage for an hour's practice on our sign language, then hurrying home to sign on for work. Dinner is kind of up in the air since the job starts at 3:00 and frequently goes until 8:00 or 8:30. I know I'll be tired and achy but it's the hours that pay the bills!

Hope everyone has a super day as we progress along in our journey!
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I had a good food day yesterday. I tracked, ate healthy foods, and have pulled on my bootstraps to get me going again. I also found a pair of sneakers that I hope will work out for me. They seem comfy and I'll try them out today on the treadmill. Go us!

Donna, you are a dynamo! Weigh to go! and
You are doing such interesting things, and I admire getting in a three mile walk. Great! Let us know how the Thai food recipe works out.

Okay, I'm going to start my day, but I wanted to check in and say hi.
Judy
Old 04-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Our group sounds up, running & focussed even with some of the setbacks, so that is great - congrats everyone for keeping on!

I was down 3/4# last night so was happy with that making my total 25.25#
so hopefully can keep over the 25# mark. It has taken time, but feels good!

Going for my walk/hot-tub tonight after missising almost a week of that. So looking forward to getting back on the exercise routine.

Things are starting to warm up abit, but not too far from where I live the snow skiing places are still open at least for this weekend. It is still too cold for yard work, even though a few neighbours have started. I raked up some leftover piles from last season but thats about it until it is warmer.

Have a great day, turtles!!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #5  
Chick

Bandit, : You are doing so great. Keep up the good work. We finally had a sunny day here and it felt great.
Today was a good day and I pointed it out.
Judy
Old 04-17-2009, 07:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Friday to everyone. My eating yesterday was bad, not sure what happened but it is over and I gave myself a good mental shake regarding what I am supposed to be doing here. Not sure I will make it to W/I tomorrow but I will get on the scale at home no matter what to see where I am at.

Have a great weekend all and congrats to those that lost this week!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #7  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, isn't it amazing how fast the eating can change? I hope you take baby steps today. That's what I'm trying to do. I ate a lot of steak (planned) last night, but when I calculated the points I had to go into the 35. It's silly but it felt like cheating. I've gotta get a handle on my stinkin'
thinkin' and I know I can. Tomorrow my son in law is celebrating his by stopping at Cheesecake Factory and bringing in dinner for us all. I checked out points and found a salad with chicken for 12 points. I can deal with that, eat light earlier in the day, and have a sliver of cake and come out all right. That's my plan. Princess, good luck with either scale. You'll do the right thing. You've been through a lot lately and stress does all sorts of weirdo things to us. Here's to a relaxing weekend. :

: and to us all. I know we're working this through and getting as close to on track as we can. Let's do this!

Lauren, how are you doing?

Judy
Old 04-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #8  

Hi turtles:

Had good day yesterday - my gf came down for our weekly dinner & she made baked chicken thighs that were really good. With that we had "butternut squash fries" - same idea as sweet potatoe fries & they were really good. We also had coleslaw & fresh shrimp. So really nice dinner.

In the afternoon we got in a 2 mile walk then a hot-tub. She enjoyed the centre & we will make that part of our weekly visit.

Princess - good luck at your w/i!

Judy - nice job pre-planning your dinner. Those things really help keep us on board & focussed. Good for you.

Donna - hope you have a great weekend as well.

Kind of cloudy up here this a.m. I have appointment at noon, then planning on getting in a walk this afternoon.

Thanks for all your support & ideas. Really helps knowing we are all in this together!

Have a great weekend.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Went to my weigh-in today; lost the exact amt. of weight I gained last week. Wish I had lost some extra, too, but I might not have lost that much if I hadn't been so diligent with my exercising this past week. Earned 14 exercise points last week, the first time I've gone beyond 10, and I intend to up the amt. a little this coming week by doing 4 miles 3 times instead of 3 miles. Going to stick with 30 minutes in the pool; that much is enjoyable and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Had a full day away from home yesterday. Went with DH to the VA for his "manogram," as he calls it, then had lunch in their excellent cafeteria. They had a very nice section where you could build your own salad or select from some that were pre-made; I had an Asian chicken salad that had lots of crunch from almonds and some chow mein noodles. Then we drove over to an area of Riverside new to us in order to use movie tickets given to us as a Christmas present. Got *thoroughly* lost along the way; I would have given up and gone to a different theater where we had to pay our own way but DH loves FREE! The fact it was 3D (Monsters vs. Aliens) was an added bonus. Ironically, I enjoyed the movie more than he did!

We ended up missing the show time so had a couple hours to kill which we filled with a very enjoyable sign language lesson from DH. I seem to learn better when I learn a few new words and then use them in very simple conversation. What we eat tonight? Tonight we eat chicken and bread. Is the bread good? Yes, the bread is very good.

Then it was over to the home of youngest son and his girl, where DS grilled a delicious tri tip. We were told it came from Costco, comes already marinated. There was a cheesy potato casserole, which I took a small serving of -- just being polite; can't offend the hostess! -- and a big salad and the bread I had made. We stayed WAY late talking after dinner; spent some time talking about the situation with oldest son and youngest son gave me some advice how to handle dividing things up in the will that I need to make. He has a lot of common sense, my youngest son does. Luckily DH is a night owl and was able to drive us home as I was like a zombie by that time.

Today we are planning to meet up with my favorite friend of DH's -- they've been friends since they were 11. He has recently moved to Watsonville, several hours north, but is back here for the weekend taking care of a bunch of stuff. DH and I plan to go to Santa Monica Pier, which I haven't seen since junior high, then meet somewhere nearby for dinner. Probably be another late night as we all love to talk!

Hope everyone has a good weekend; good thoughts are going out to all.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Here's : to everybody! Am having a few setbacks here and there, but I don't expect my journey to be straight and without side tracks. I do expect to drink water, plan and record my food. Best of luck and good going to all of us.
Judy
Old 04-22-2009, 07:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Wednesday, I have had trouble getting online here at work this week but I got lucky this morning Food has been a real challenge this week but I have a game plan in mind to get back on track and get moving in the right direction again.

Hope all is well with everyone and have a great day!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm going to my WI in a short time. I'll post back after I get my results. to all of us. We've got what it takes to make it!
Judy
Old 04-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #13  

Hi turtles:

Princess - I had problems getting on our board as well.

Judy - good luck at your w/i!

I went to movies last night with my ladies group & seen "I love you, man"
Comedy - cute & funny, light fun & I had popcorn for my supper.
Hoping that won't be a problem tonight at the scale.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #14  
Chick

Bandit, good luck on the scale!
I went to my meeting and lost two pounds. Usually a two pound weight loss : would have me jumping up and down. However, a week ago I had put on 4.8# and was hoping to lose it all this week. Well, I didn't but I had some flurries of off-behavior with food this week but the good news is that I stopped the gain, and I lost some! So I have to say, "Weigh to go, Me!"

Here's : and to us all. Be well and happy and keep on keepin' on!
I've got my meals planned out for today and I should be fine.
Judy
Old 04-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #15  

Judy - hooray for you, kicking butt at the scale!!